Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 2 weeks ago #166237

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

BC wrote: No mate...I spent the last month getting belted from pillar to post in the North Atlantic from Belfast to Iceland then spent a couple of weeks in Portugal and Spain. Back on deck now to support my mighty Lions.

Numbers falling due to the numpties with extreme right wing views and incapable of grasping the effect and meaning of the language being used, but not unexpected these days. you have a great season and goodbye!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 2 weeks ago #166241

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Jeez Grump...what's got up your nose?

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 3 days ago #166925

• Durtle
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/tuesday-wafl-t...round-ng-b881176861z

West Perth will move back to Leederville and co share with Subiaco.
East Perth and Perth will co share the WACA

$6000 for parking. What a rip off.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 3 days ago #166926

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I can't see Perth moving any time soon Durtle but agree with the basic tenet of the article that WP need start looking at other options.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 3 days ago #166928

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358

Durtle wrote: thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/tuesday-wafl-t...round-ng-b881176861z

West Perth will move back to Leederville and co share with Subiaco.
East Perth and Perth will co share the WACA

$6000 for parking. What a rip off.

Where are you getting East Perth and Perth will share the WACA from? No mention of that in this article. In any case you or anyone else must be hiding under a rock if you don't realize what's happening at Lathlain which will see Perth's future very secure with co-tenants WCE. Leederville is already shared.

Agree Venue's West seems to be a bunch of public servant arseholes with a local council parking inspector mentality. When I went to see Fremantle take on Collingwood in the JLT at Joondalup the car park we normally park at adjacent to the arena and the basketball courts and indoor aquatic centre was closed and we were directed to some car park (or open field I'm not sure) around the back of the oval. They were charging $10 from memory and I thought how the f..k do you get into the ground from here?

I pulled out just in time and parked on the verge in a street just off the main road like many others were doing and there was a temporary gate entrance on the outer flank. Really weird. Admittedly this was a game between two AFL sides and one of them being Collingwood so there were probably close to 10,000 there.

I suspect on this International day they are using this same parking plan which is labor intensive using many traffic controllers and parking fee collectors.

If Venues West are trying to screw West Perth and the WAFL and use it as a revenue raising vehicle then that is a disgrace and unless they change their ways then I agree West Perth need to seriously consider a move to Kingsway which I would assume is within the Wanneroo Shire or is it? Tons of open space around there the playing fields around Kingsway are massive.

The weird thing I always found with Arena Joondalup is why there is no train station to service the Arena complex with the railway running right passed it? It staggers me how inept our town planners are seriously.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 3 days ago #166929

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Not sure if Townsend has any inside information but from the clubs point of view why would they want to move from a venue when they have just acquired a new members facility?. Don't they have a significant investment in the ground now? Maybe if they renamed themselves to Joondalup and embraced the area they are in, they may attract more local interest and sponsorship. I know its not the total answer but it would indicate to the people up there that they were in it for the long haul. The ground itself is not a bad place to watch footy, quite good viewing from most areas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BC

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 3 days ago #166930

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Probably because the arrangement is still sending them broke from the sounds of it Mike. A new facility is all well and good but if you're not making money from it then what's the point other than some creature comforts for players and members.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 3 days ago #166932

• BigO
  • Thank you received: 7
Good luck getting into Kingsway Football Club.
Why would they move?
I know they have just signed a new lease and yes it is in the Wanneroo Shire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big Blue

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 3 days ago #166934

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358

BigO wrote: Good luck getting into Kingsway Football Club.
Why would they move?
I know they have just signed a new lease and yes it is in the Wanneroo Shire.

Wanneroo Shire wouldn't knock back a much bigger lease from a WAFL club and no reason they couldn't be co-tenants. Plenty of grounds around there to train.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 3 days ago #166936

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
So what becomes of the $8mill tax payer funded WP clubrooms, is that just another financial responsibility they turn their back on?

There is no doubt Venues West are a bunch of greedy bloodsuckers and their greed may well see them without an anchor tenant at Joondy if WP decide to look elsewhere, but looking elsewhere costs a bucket load of money. Subi looked at Kingsway as 1 of 3 options along with co-tenanting with Claremont and Leederville. The cost of establishing a WAFL standard facility at Kingsway was way too expensive, even for Subi, so there's no way WP can afford the move unless the existing facilities that KFC have will be acceptable to WP, then again beggars cant be choosers and they wont get another dollar out of the state Government, there only chance is if Wanneroo Council kick in some major dollars but given WP financial management history I'm sure the rate payers wont be too enamoured with that idea.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 286 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric