Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46806

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Sacko wrote: Hearing Mark Harvey neither confirm nor deny being approached from Perth a few times on radio gives me the impression he's right in the mix. He's my tip from here. I wouldn't complain if he got it. At least he would attract a decent player to the club

Hey Sacko,Harvey said on Wednesday night on 6pr that he hadnt been approached.
But he didnt say he wasnt interested either.

I would still like to hear from Dockers supporters to hear what they think of his match day strategies,how motivational is he etc....

I wont lie here i do struggle to listen to him when on radio whether its the tone of his voice,i'm not to sure what it is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46811

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
the only thing going for Harves is his footy CV.....at least he will command respect from the players....especially the AFL delisted recruits who probably struggled trying to respect McMahon for his noted lack of on field footy prowess....let alone his distinct lack of off field coaching prowess.

Harves has done it all as a player at the highest level....surely that would deflate a few inflated delisted AFL egos and harmonize the club some what.

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46820

• Lucifer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
One things for sure.......Whoever the new coach will be if he can take the dees to their first finals appearance or GF :woohoo: in donkeys he will pretty much be able to write his own ticket!

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46822

• Sacko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15
Agree with both. A mate of mine speaks to Harvs through work and hit him up on Wednesday and Harvs reaction was "well we'll just see what happens". I have no doubt he would have at least been sounded out. Saying he hasn't been approached is just the standard line. Harris is looking more unlikely so Harvs would be a good result should he get the job. I'd be interested in seeing if an appointment is made before seasons end. Would be unusual but would be getting on the front foot if it was.

I wonder if Ali Smith would be interested in returning with a high profile coach. I think our list is pretty good. First priority is a big forward then an A grade midfielder. With hodge back in then possibly Smith it's not a bad nucleus

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46823

• Lucifer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I was amazed that Marty even had the ghoul to mention Rob Wiley as a possible contender to coach next year..... surely he is way out of contention or even more why would he be bothered?

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46825

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Sacko wrote: Agree with both. A mate of mine speaks to Harvs through work and hit him up on Wednesday and Harvs reaction was "well we'll just see what happens". I have no doubt he would have at least been sounded out. Saying he hasn't been approached is just the standard line. Harris is looking more unlikely so Harvs would be a good result should he get the job. I'd be interested in seeing if an appointment is made before seasons end. Would be unusual but would be getting on the front foot if it was.

I wonder if Ali Smith would be interested in returning with a high profile coach. I think our list is pretty good. First priority is a big forward then an A grade midfielder. With hodge back in then possibly Smith it's not a bad nucleus

Im sure the club wont stuff this appointmet up.
If the new bloke isnt involved in footy(coaching) right now i cant see any reason why an appontment cant happen before the end of the season.
At least then he'd get a good look at what he's got.

In terms of our list i think generally its ok but i reckon it lacks 4 quality players,A tall key forward,a mature ruckman,a quality mid(or 2) and another quality tall down back.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46826

• Lucifer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Sacko wrote: Agree with both. A mate of mine speaks to Harvs through work and hit him up on Wednesday and Harvs reaction was "well we'll just see what happens". I have no doubt he would have at least been sounded out. Saying he hasn't been approached is just the standard line. Harris is looking more unlikely so Harvs would be a good result should he get the job. I'd be interested in seeing if an appointment is made before seasons end. Would be unusual but would be getting on the front foot if it was.

It was a pretty good interview with Marty on SportFM. The questions being asked of him were all the topics that we have discussed at length on this site including the lack of midfield power and forward line height this year. Marty was open we needed at least a 195 forward and it would be a priority of the club to club to get one. The loss of Jacobs, Smith and Hodge in any team will have a huge impact evident by our performances.

Sounds like Harris is a NO by Martys lack of mentioning him when questioned who could be a replacement. And when asked directly about Harris his reply was probably too busy with his business leading teams!! So IMO Harris is a no and Harvs is the next best and IMO would be a good get!

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46828

• Lucifer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Jebus wrote: Elari has removed his Facebook post, there's been some backlash over it.

Pretty good footballer but not the sharpest tool in the shed that's for sure!

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46829

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Lucifer wrote:

It was a pretty good interview with Marty on SportFM. The questions being asked of him were all the topics that we have discussed at length on this site including the lack of midfield power and forward line height this year. Marty was open we needed at least a 195 forward and it would be a priority of the club to club to get one. The loss of Jacobs, Smith and Hodge in any team will have a huge impact evident by our performances.

Sounds like Harris is a NO by Martys lack of mentioning him when questioned who could be a replacement. And when asked directly about Harris his reply was probably too busy with his business leading teams!! So IMO Harris is a no and Harvs is the next best and IMO would be a good get!

Dont get me wrong,i'm glad he openly has said that but havent we needed one since Spinks left in 1998??
Why has the penny just dropped now??

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46830

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Marty when interviewed also made mention of tall defender to help Billings, Risol & Kane out.
The next coach needs to have people management skills.
We have not managed people at all well e.g. Spaanderman, Murray, Ali Smith and others.
He also mentioned appointment before end of season (asap).
I hope he has a major role in the "committee".
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 250 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric