Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Save the WAFL 6 years 7 months ago #135766

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Grassy wrote:

Bazza wrote: Until the alignement is pissed off, the cashed up dodgy dominance subi has is sorted this comp will never be any good.

The Alignment has always been a problem in more ways than one.Subi was Cashed up between 2010 and 2013 and apart from a surprise Grand Final appearance in 2011,weren't too flash.Were there many complaints then?

I don't think Demon supporters were complaining too much when even we cleaned up a tame bunch of Lions at Leederville in 2013.

Here are a couple of their stats for you-
11 Grand Finals in the last 14 years for 6 flags.
17 Finals series and 38 Finals since Perth's last Final Grassy!
Only had 8 locals in todays GF.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Falcon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Save the WAFL 6 years 7 months ago #135799

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
BH, make that 10 locals that have at least started at the club in colts. Horsely, Cockie, Stevenson, Halligan, Jackson, Wheeler, Phelan, Joyce, Kennedy and Walters. I think that's more or the same as your 2010 GF side.

Save the WAFL 6 years 7 months ago #135802

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Senior Seagull wrote: BH, make that 10 locals that have at least started at the club in colts. Horsely, Cockie, Stevenson, Halligan, Jackson, Wheeler, Phelan, Joyce, Kennedy and Walters. I think that's more or the same as your 2010 GF side.

I dont think so SS as Stevenson from West Coast JFC (CL) & Jackson from Collie (PT)...I believe we had 11 or 12 in our supposed as you termed it "foreign legion" flag side...so what would you call a side with only 8 locals in it???......money not well spent?!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Save the WAFL 6 years 7 months ago #135824

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote: BH, make that 10 locals that have at least started at the club in colts. Horsely, Cockie, Stevenson, Halligan, Jackson, Wheeler, Phelan, Joyce, Kennedy and Walters. I think that's more or the same as your 2010 GF side.

I dont think so SS as Stevenson from West Coast JFC (CL) & Jackson from Collie (PT)...I believe we had 11 or 12 in our supposed as you termed it "foreign legion" flag side...so what would you call a side with only 8 locals in it???......money not well spent?!

BH, both played colts for us which was what I stated as my min qualification, but to each his own. I understand the sentiment that Subi now know what other clubs feel like, but the reality is that Subi were the only club that could even get close to challenging this AFL drenched outfit. The game itself, all issues aside, was a good old fashioned physical stoush, not quite like the 60's, 70's and early 80's but plenty of agro and big physical clashes. Even as the biggest fittest strongest WAFL team we still couldn't get over Freo even with them 1 player short and 2 or 3 carrying injuries, that's how much ahead of the best the WAFL has to offer they are. We got 13 points ahead and should have been 4 goals but I believe they did what they had to and were capable of pulling back a 4 goal lead if they had to. They had so much in the tank in the last qtr it was inevitable. Changes will be made on both sides of the ledger re AFL player quals and WAFL equalization, the sooner that happens the better it is for the comp. I think your boys will continue to improve, EF are definitely on the rise and Cl will also improve. Expect Subi and Souths to be strong again and the two alignments as well but Peel seem to take the WAFL more seriously than the East Eagles. I don't expect either AFL team to make finals next year so hopefully new restrictions on finals quals will see a more acceptable setup, more inline with the SANFL. Geez wouldn't you like to have their standard of management in WA, 39k to their GF with an alignment team in and a 1 point margin, you couldn't write a better script for a comps finally than that.

Save the WAFL 6 years 7 months ago #135854

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grassy wrote: Let's just temper that a bit Senior.Betcha the Power fans jumped right on Ye olde Bandwagon after not being seen for Dust at the SANFL all season.Sure,a few Sturt fans jumped on as well,but Kochy has turned the once Proud Magpies into a pale imitation of it's old glorious self and sadly,the Real PortAdelaide is a thing of the past.

Still,I'm glad Sturt got up by 1 point and gave Kochy another poke in the eye.You gunna give another bunch a gobfull of your dummy spitting vitriol Kochy,ya goose?'

ahh the old conspiracy theory.:whistle: B)

Save the WAFL 6 years 7 months ago #135918

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
I think if you are a WAFL club member you should be expressing your views to your CEO , pres and boards about your thoughts immediatley.

The WAFC is apparently going to conduct a thorough review of the Alignment model and other matters pertaining to the BCG review so get in now before it is too late...

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 595 guests and 8 members online

• Royals78
  • Freezin
  • Demons Forever
  • Success Hill
  • Time For a Flag
  • TheFeds
  • Swansfan

Newest Footy Recruits