Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Perth v East Fremantle 11 years 2 weeks ago #11237

• Mr AFL
  • Mr AFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Really looking forward to this game hopefully the Dee's can put FOUR quarters together and continue on their winning ways. It's going to be tough though as the Sharks have plenty of midfielders that can find the ball.

The crowd could be good as well with the club having their district gala day. If you bring your child along you get in free. Kids get in free anyway. I reckon we can get 2000 general crowd there. There are 12 junior clubs in the Perth District. Lets say 50 kids from each club, that's 600 and then 300 parents. I reckon we could get 2900 there. There is a free sausage sizzle as well from 1pm. So get on down and make a day of it :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Perth v East Fremantle 11 years 2 weeks ago #11240

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Yes EF are one of the top teams so it would be nice to put in a good performance.

We shouldn't underestimate our performance against SD. Our intensity attack on the footy and pressure was top class.

We have to do that every week and sustain it for 4 quarters.

We are learning.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Perth v East Fremantle 11 years 2 weeks ago #11245

• Lucifer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I watched the scratch match against them and considering how poorly we played in the first half and the amount of top players we had out we could of won it in the last quarter!

We will miss chance in the middle but I think Jacobs or Hodge will probably fill that ok. Daniel Murray must play. Sullivan's 50th game on Saturday always good to have milestones in tough games,

Perth v East Fremantle 11 years 2 weeks ago #11247

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Haven't we missed O'Sullivan?

Nice to have him back and looking extremely fit.

He has turned into a top class WAFL footballer and I like his hard at it approach.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Perth v East Fremantle 11 years 2 weeks ago #11251

• Lucifer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
He is an honest footballer who puts his body in for his team mates everytime. He looks to have bulked up a bit over preseason too I reckon.

Perth v East Fremantle 11 years 2 weeks ago #11258

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
Yes, another big test this week that will really tell us how much we have progressed so far.
IMO Murray must come into the side. Donovan should return and release Bevo and Reimers to alternate in Chance's midfield role.
I would like to see Jacobs back in the side to replace Florio and provide a bit more hardness and I think it is time for Johnston to show us what he has got by replacing Ransted and adding some height.
We will probably have Ash Smith again. He could possibly move up to the wing in Florio's place with Jacobs going to half back. Ash played a great game last week and could be even more damaging with his run from the midfield.
Unless there are any injuries I can't see any other changes.

Last edit: by smokey.

Perth v East Fremantle 11 years 2 weeks ago #11269

• Sacko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15

smokey wrote: Yes, another big test this week that will really tell us how much we have progressed so far.
IMO Murray must come into the side. Donovan should return and release Bevo and Reimers to alternate in Chance's midfield role.
I would like to see Jacobs back in the side to replace Florio and provide a bit more hardness and I think it is time for Johnston to show us what he has got by replacing Ransted and adding some height.
We will probably have Ash Smith again. He could possibly move up to the wing in Florio's place with Jacobs going to half back. Ash played a great game last week and could be even more damaging with his run from the midfield.
Unless there are any injuries I can't see any other changes.

I agree with all of that. I've never been a huge fan of Florio. He's just comes across as a bit soft and doesn't hurt sides. Murray and Donovan must come in. Jacobs and Johnston are great for depth but there must be a swap for them. I think you're right also about Ransted dropping out

Perth v East Fremantle 11 years 2 weeks ago #11273

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Mr AFL wrote: Really looking forward to this game hopefully the Dee's can put FOUR quarters together and continue on their winning ways. It's going to be tough though as the Sharks have plenty of midfielders that can find the ball.

The crowd could be good as well with the club having their district gala day. If you bring your child along you get in free. Kids get in free anyway. I reckon we can get 2000 general crowd there. There are 12 junior clubs in the Perth District. Lets say 50 kids from each club, that's 600 and then 300 parents. I reckon we could get 2900 there. There is a free sausage sizzle as well from 1pm. So get on down and make a day of it :)

Good stuff. Stand alone game with no Eagles/Dockers to worry about too! Looking good.

Perth v East Fremantle 11 years 2 weeks ago #11276

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
So judging by what has been said on here already this is how the side will look come Sunday.

Out:

Florio, Ransted and Bateman. McInnes could possibly go. Looked good in the first qrt but then faded as the game went on.

In, Donovan, Murray, Johnston and Jacobs

B: Kane, Johnston, Sketcher

HB: Tedesco, Risol, Ash Smith

C: Mather, Ali Smith, Moody

HF: Reimers, Eyres, Bevan

F: Donovan, Stack, Boyle

R: Murray, O'Sullivan, Hodge

IC: Leyendekkers, White, Sinclair, Jacobs

If Murray comes back in would like to see Leyendekkers and Eyres keep their spot. Keeps Symonds on his toes. Also if McInnes goes out that would leave us with 1 or 2 talls still down forward.

Also just remembered that one of you boys mentioned last week that Tunbridge got a three week suspension from the EF scratchie. That would mean his name comes up for selection as well. If Tunbridge does come in who would it be for? You'd have to think it would again be out of McInnes, Leyendekkers, Eyres and Murray.

Perth v East Fremantle 11 years 2 weeks ago #11277

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

La Hincha wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: Really looking forward to this game hopefully the Dee's can put FOUR quarters together and continue on their winning ways. It's going to be tough though as the Sharks have plenty of midfielders that can find the ball.

Good stuff. Stand alone game with no Eagles/Dockers to worry about too! Looking good.

Exactly LH. These Gala days are very important for ALL WAFL clubs. If they can market it enough and hopefully the clubs in their district can get on board and support it then there's generally a good crowd. When you look at it 50 kids from each club from Auskick to U/12 (Year 7) isn't an unreasonable expectation. The bigger the crowd the more $ the club makes as well.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 404 guests and one member online

• KickTheBall

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL