Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 8 months ago #153591

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
all those blokes would be on Subi's protected 40 list so you have to pay top dollar to get them out..
Subi is the only club that can pay transfer fees like pocket money...
to say Swans should do what Subi does is illogical.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 8 months ago #153596

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I'm not sure they are as Beverley is only 20 and Eccles 21...and neither has played a league game from memory but both over 186cms so a decent size....it was just a thought as both have had really good games the last few weeks. If you lot want to stay a basket case and not look outside the square then no skin off my nose.

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 8 months ago #153599

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
so your solution is to get ourselves into debt and to recruit blokes just for the sake of it..
wouldnt think we are a basket case at all, we put a team on the park last week that gave 18 local kids a game of WAFL footy, we as a club live within our means financially.
you are either not very smart or a troll
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Beasley Hutton

Last edit: by MarkOlsen.

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 8 months ago #153602

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I don't think you'd have to fork out too much for the couple I've mentioned and there's others at other clubs who could be potential targets....oh...and btw...you put 18 local kids on the park because you can't afford anyone decent and a big chunk of your senior players are either walking out the door or playing ressies.

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 8 months ago #153607

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
you really do have no idea...
and you are a troll or not very bright..
your team is undefeated this year, the 2nd team who you play this week is broke and cant afford to pay their players..
and you reckon Swans issue is as simple as forking out money for reserves players from other clubs..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 8 months ago #153608

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

MarkOlsen wrote: Swans supporters have to face facts - we dont have a lot of money, we need everything to go right and decent senior player on the park every week to be competitive.
Blight and Banfield gone for different reasons, Ellard cant get on the park, Rogers not on the same page as the coach which also happened under Harding, Ugle was working away or unavailable I think for a few weeks.
too much pressure on Palmer to carry the load..Faulkner no longer up to league standard as cant run, Stewart and a few others overweight and unfit for league footy.
blokes will move on but play the kids and see what happens and the pressure is on the footy manager to deliver some decent senior players to the club in 2019 from ammos, country and anywhere else.

yeah whatever....it's just a better option than your brainwave of getting blokes from the country and ammos who've had no exposure to the WAFL system...and besides my suggestion falls within the "elsewhere" you've mentioned above so what's your problem?

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 8 months ago #153616

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

MarkOlsen wrote: BH - in the last 5 years we have made the finals twice, missed out by 3% another time, finshed last and this year will probably miss out again.
take out Subi as they dont count, WP wouldnt be in the 5 if they had to pay players according to their finances as other clubs do and we are in the mix with Perth and Claremont behind South..
young players will only thrive with experience around them, that is the what the club needs to sort out and do it within its financial means.
my only query is whether the footy department have done a good enough job getting in players from other comps though the medal winner in the South West last year Cleggert plays reserves for Subi, we need to get blokes like him to come to Swans and sell the opportunity to play league footy to these blokes..
we should be getting an invite to the best player in every country and local comp in WA, get on the front foot as its been a long time since Swans got a diamond out of the rough from a country or ammo comp.

I agree we need to be doing better out of our country zones MO especially the 3 Bunbury clubs (Bunbury, Carey Park & South Bunbury) although I see Peel have a truckload of South Bunbury boys on their list I always thought that was our zone?????
Dont tell me the WAFC have bent us over again for an alignment club just like Ellenbrook-WCEP!!!!

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 8 months ago #153617

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
BC could you please provide a list of the Subiaco reserves' players we should recruit for 2019?

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 8 months ago #153620

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

swan42 wrote: BC could you please provide a list of the Subiaco reserves' players we should recruit for 2019?

Please 42 take no notice of BC $ubi would be worse than us or EF if they just had to survive on their locals instead of running out with more than 60% of their side from Interstate, ex AFL players and from other WAFL clubs mark my words.
We should continue on our current path of developing our own with a selected quality recruit BUT what I would really like to see is a greater focus on Ball Skills, Fitness and Strength & Conditioning all as a priority!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 8 months ago #153650

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote: BC could you please provide a list of the Subiaco reserves' players we should recruit for 2019?

go and make your own list...I'm just making a suggestion which I think is a valid one....I couldn't care less if you consider it or not.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 1827 guests and 2 members online

• Whitey
  • Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• chaibrA
  • AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple