Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151290

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote: Half way through the last qtr I was driving past and noticed our ex skipper didn’t make it through to the final siren as he crossed the road. Replacing Tallen and all the enthusiasm he brought to the team can not be underestimated. Rog is about the only other one who seems to have that ability to inspire within him. Who is the current ring leader of our mob?

Another question...anyone know why Banners has retired?

I was told he has a job up north.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151291

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Banners has retired due to work commitments unfortunately he will be sadly missed.

On team selection why on earth has Daniels not been given a League game this season?

Why is the transition from our Colts through to Senior football just not happening at our club? I have seen so many talented young guys lose their way after Colts footy and the question really has to be asked why is that?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151293

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Beasley Hutton wrote: Banners has retired due to work commitments unfortunately he will be sadly missed.

On team selection why on earth has Daniels not been given a League game this season?

Why is the transition from our Colts through to Senior football just not happening at our club? I have seen so many talented young guys lose their way after Colts footy and the question really has to be asked why is that?

BH are colts players allowed to be elevated to league level with the new colts setup this year.

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151294

• Beasley Hutton
Graydon Wilson played League today for us mate so I would dare say they are allowed now.
Also Cameron played Reserves today as did Bain, More, Rowlinson, Curtis etc over the last few weeks and funnily enough our Reserves have played well with these Colts boys stepping up a grade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151310

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
Similar questions at Shark Park where we always have strong Colts teams but that doesn’t filter through. Great to see Wilson play League. It’s a big jump from Colts to League so we’ll done to Pickering and coaching staff for selecting him. How’d he go?

I think Swans have been pretty good at pushing kids up over the years- certainly one of the better clubs
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151315

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

gtrxuone wrote:

swan42 wrote: How many Eagles' players were playing today in the EP team?

Tony Mc on 91.3 said 17

I went to the the game yesterday and you just can't rule the Ferals out when they have a full contingent. They may not beat $ubi but they take up a final 5 spot and could very easily slip into a GF. I also listened to Micale's summary and he mentioned twice that both EP and the Eagles have a bright future :) :) :), has he been under a rock for a week ???
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151317

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Beasley Hutton wrote: Banners has retired due to work commitments unfortunately he will be sadly missed.

BH,

Have a chat with Bill Monaghan because our Colts are shit most years but we get the transition right with many going on to play League footy.

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151318

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Leedy wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

Tony Mc on 91.3 said 17

I went to the the game yesterday and you just can't rule the Ferals out when they have a full contingent. They may not beat $ubi but they take up a final 5 spot and could very easily slip into a GF. I also listened to Micale's summary and he mentioned twice that both EP and the Eagles have a bright future :) :) :), has he been under a rock for a week ???

Leedy did he say 17 Ferals played.

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151320

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

gtrxuone wrote:

Leedy wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

Tony Mc on 91.3 said 17

Leedy did he say 17 Ferals played.

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151331

• Beasley Hutton
14 current Eagles (plus a couple of ex ones) + 6 in the Reserves played yesterday from memory but it is the quality of them that is the weekly raffle yesterday Barrass, Ryan & Sheed played rare games for the Eagles Reserves yesterday whilst a couple of weeks ago it was Brad Hill, Sean Darcy, Harley Bennell etc when we played Freos Reserves but to be honest we are not playing well enough to beat the Widgiemooltha 3rds let alone topped up afl reserves teams!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender, gtrxuone

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 290 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric