Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Falcons Vs Swan's 8 years 8 months ago #76559

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10

Dirty Weekender wrote: #9 for West Perth was a bloody ball magnet today. Not sure if CH 7 will allow him to play in that jumper in future either.

Yep Trent Manzone... should of been elevated earlier and could of made a difference in a couple we lost.

Interesting point though :)

I find Channel 7 so hypocritical.. Watched 9 news tonight as I knew WP would get a mention as their camera's at the game. Interview with David Crute (CEO WP) and people comming into the game. All were of one voice on how ridiculous the drama is and the WAFC should pick up their game.

Chn 9 covered the Eagles Dockers game in detail with ins and outs etc.
Strange really isnt it when you consider CHN 7 will be broadcasting the game ;)
Ok they knew it was a big game and would be covered whatever their opinion might be so had to include it but Chn 7 refuses to broadcast or even mention WP in a local league

No problems on their part in Covering a game that will be covered and broadcast by their opposition?

Why cant this happen at WAFL level?

THE GAME

www.wafl.com.au/games/view/10543

I see on the stats that Nelly was reported. Missed that one. Will be watching the Tribunal with interest

West Perth Best Players and Goals Kickers
GOALS: 3 C.Chalmers, 2 M.Lourey, S.Nelson, K.Manning, A.Black, S.Potente, 1 C.Keunen
BEST: J.Morrow, D.Rohde, A.Black, C.Chalmers, T.Manzone
REPORTS: S.Nelson

Crowd 2,600
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Cardy.

Falcons Vs Swan's 8 years 8 months ago #76563

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Compliments must be paid to the ladies in the Hot Chips tucker shop up at the Arena. Compared to every other club's offerings they are miles ahead and I'd have to rate them with legendary status. Whilst $5 for a small bucket may seem steep the quality of these steak cut chips could not be ignored and I had to go back for seconds. If Mr Mysterious from out Wanneroo way is still hovering around I'd seriously suggest he gives the ammos a miss one week and go try out these tasty delights. Quite possibly the best hot chip I've ever been served. Kudos to the ladies and to the quality of their work. :cheer:

Falcons Vs Swan's 8 years 8 months ago #76564

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
Great win, Swans were good for the majority but I reckon their hard slog win last week had caught up with them in the last, not to mention we are good finishers. If they were playing any other side following Subi, they would have won.

Falcons Vs Swan's 8 years 8 months ago #76565

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Leedy wrote: Great win, Swans were good for the majority but I reckon their hard slog win last week had caught up with them in the last, not to mention we are good finishers. If they were playing any other side following Subi, they would have won.

Your better use of the ball I felt was the difference Leedy. We had to work much harder to get it back and in the end your mob ran out the game much stronger as you eluded to here. An arm wrestle for much of the day but your mob displayed a little bit more quality when it mattered. Whilst a couple of iffy decisions by the umps either way today I did note they seemed to let the boys play today which is how it should be. My one gripe is players being done for holding there ground in the one on one marking contest. Too often we are seeing one bloke go to ground far too easily against a bloke holding his ground and being awarded a free kick. Was the same in the ressies. Seems stronger players are being punished for holding their feet in the marking contest these days. Just an observation and in no way did this favour either side.

Had to feel for the player Yarran in your ressies who was lining up for his 6th at the 10min mark of the 2nd qtr only to limp off with a hammy injury. Not often you get days like that when you are white hot.

Falcons Vs Swan's 8 years 8 months ago #76566

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Well done West Perth, as DW said they were a bit cleaner with their skills than Swans all day. Brilliant game for 3 quarters but I think the 108 tackles that Swans had to lay to beat Subi last week took its toll in the 4th. Some of our boys appeared to be running up and down on the spot towards the end. No excuses though, beaten by a better side on the day.

Honestly what is Aaron Black still doing in the WAFL?. He is a lot better than many guys running around on AFL lists, I'm sure you guys aren't complaining though. Marcus Adams has also developed into a man mountain! Very good player.

Good luck to all West Perth players and supporters for the finals. I'm sure they won't throw you out as surely even the WAFC will realise it will turn the rest of the season into a sham and a farce. I support you in your stand and I'm sure many other Swans fans do as well.

Falcons Vs Swan's 8 years 8 months ago #76573

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924

mikeh wrote: Good luck to all West Perth players and supporters for the finals. I'm sure they won't throw you out as surely even the WAFC will realise it will turn the rest of the season into a sham and a farce. I support you in your stand and I'm sure many other Swans fans do as well.

If WP were to be thrown out of the finals and the 6th place team took their spot how awkward would that be? :ohmy: ....especially since most folks here think the WAFC and their stance is a joke......be interested to see how supportive other WAFL fans truly would be in their stance, if it was their side getting a finals position by default......thank fark EF are playing crap and won't be put into such a situation......I don't envy the likes of SD, Cl or even SF........gonna be a bit two faced if it was to happen :pinch:

Out of interest mikeh, what would be your stance mate and how supportive would you be if SD secured a finals spot from 6th position?

Falcons Vs Swan's 8 years 8 months ago #76576

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Freezin wrote:

mikeh wrote: Good luck to all West Perth players and supporters for the finals. I'm sure they won't throw you out as surely even the WAFC will realise it will turn the rest of the season into a sham and a farce. I support you in your stand and I'm sure many other Swans fans do as well.

If WP were to be thrown out of the finals and the 6th place team took their spot how awkward would that be? :ohmy: ....especially since most folks here think the WAFC and their stance is a joke......be interested to see how supportive other WAFL fans truly would be in their stance, if it was their side getting a finals position by default......thank fark EF are playing crap and won't be put into such a situation......I don't envy the likes of SD, Cl or even SF........gonna be a bit two faced if it was to happen :pinch:

Out of interest mikeh, what would be your stance mate and how supportive would you be if SD secured a finals spot from 6th position?

It will be friends, relatives and a few stray dogs only that attend this years finals I certainly won't be as a neutral like I normally do ..might as well hold them at that EF bus stop! :dry:

Falcons Vs Swan's 8 years 8 months ago #76582

• Winger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135
I wonder if all three grades will be kicked out????????????????.

Falcons Vs Swan's 8 years 8 months ago #76589

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

Freezin wrote:

As I have stated elsewhere on this thread I would boycott the finals if West Perth are ejected even if it gave Swans a home final as a result of finishing in "4th" spot. I would not see a finals series of this nature as a legitimate one. I am convinced though that not even the WAFC would do something as stupid as this as West Perth would almost certainly take legal action if this was the result.

Falcons Vs Swan's 8 years 8 months ago #76593

• go for gold
  • Thank you received: 0
Was Shane Nelson injured or just copped a hard tag. Does West Perth have the engine room to go with Subiaco, East Perth and Peel?, or have they got the players and Bill needs to play them in position. If you look at the loss to East Perth he moved Marcus in the midfield , pulled Trent and a couple of others out and we just get beat , any thoughts

Moderators: Falcon

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 1953 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric