Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 8 months ago #76473

• Winger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 8 months ago #76478

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Senior Seagull wrote: I think Swandog sums up a lot of what opposition supporters are thinking. No one seems to be able to present irrefutable facts around this issue, but that will certainly happen if WP are removed from the finals which in my opinion will make the finals a farce. If that happens expect WP will take immediate legal action and probably initially in the form of an injunction which would prevent any action being taken until a full court hearing, so if the timing is right they will be free to play in the finals.

Until then, until the actual facts are tabled for all to see we are just guessing what has happened to date, but this is making the WAFL a laughing stock and it is the WAFC that should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute for not getting this resolved months ago.

But on the other hand ........ in the highly unexpected event that WP are shown to have miss-lead everyone about the timing of contract signings then they will become a true WAFL pariah.

SS a couple of simple questions:

Is Channel 9 in its second year of sponsoring West Perth?

When did the WAFC and Channel 7 sign their agreement?

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 8 months ago #76480

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
As a Swans supporter have to say its disappointing that the 8 wafl clubs are ganging up on West perth.In bed with the football commission and Channel 7.Some one will correct me but didnt the Falcons sign the Channel 9 sponsorship deal before the Seven/Wafc telecast arrangment..LOVLEY DAY TOMMOROW,great weather,pivotal game in the 2015 season.lets get a big crowd up North to Joondalup.Cant believe how messy this is getting.

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 8 months ago #76481

• Cardy
  • Cardy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10

swan42 wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote: I think Swandog sums up a lot of what opposition supporters are thinking. No one seems to be able to present irrefutable facts around this issue, but that will certainly happen if WP are removed from the finals which in my opinion will make the finals a farce. If that happens expect WP will take immediate legal action and probably initially in the form of an injunction which would prevent any action being taken until a full court hearing, so if the timing is right they will be free to play in the finals.

Until then, until the actual facts are tabled for all to see we are just guessing what has happened to date, but this is making the WAFL a laughing stock and it is the WAFC that should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute for not getting this resolved months ago.

But on the other hand ........ in the highly unexpected event that WP are shown to have miss-lead everyone about the timing of contract signings then they will become a true WAFL pariah.

SS a couple of simple questions:

Is Channel 9 in its second year of sponsoring West Perth?

When did the WAFC and Channel 7 sign their agreement?

SWAN42 if you bothered reading the article I have put on here 3 times re the article between the WAFC and CEO WP you would have your questions answered.

WP signed Channel 9 on as a sponsor on Feb 28 2014
WAFC Signed the contract with CHN7 on 7 March 2015

Here is the article again

www.communitynews.com.au/news/TV-issue-h...-finals-loom/7673158

I am a bit confused about the first para that says the money was not paid to Chn 7 but to a production company...... Production company????? what production company... another play on words by Waldron as all media reports say CHN 7 were paid 1 million for televising the WAFL... I suspect this is another play or words for want of a better term as you would most probably find the Production company is owned by 7 :dry:
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Last edit: by Cardy.

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 8 months ago #76482

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Today show TV today...

He's normally known for his calm on-air delivery, but TODAY Perth News presenter Tim McMillan took aim over the threat to ban West Perth from the WAFL finals, calling the situation "absurd" and saying the WAFL clubs and the WA Football Commission “need to grow some balls”.
Read more at www.9news.com.au/national/2015/08/14/15/...#01PkSTcgrV4sJfW8.99

Includes interview with Brett Raponi

Also on Channel 9 NEWS tonight.. Wonder if channel 7 had anything to say on their news??

Poll from PERTH NOW website.. click for larger image

Attachments:

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 8 months ago #76485

• Dazzler
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 393

Growler wrote: www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/wafl-clubs...a4e5917fb04126ffe8f5

Perth now site --- VOTE NOW against the bully!!!!!!!!!!!!

Certainly the first and hopefully the last time I ever support WP on anything but this is outrageous and I cannot believe six club presidents have been co-opted to put pressure on WP.

The WAFC are effectively gangsters doing the bidding of the AFL and now corporate frauds like 7.

Cardy - it is Eddie McGuire's "production company" McGuire Media that broadcasts the WAFL for 7 as it does the VFL and SANFL.

A vile, incestuous, tangled web isn't it?

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 8 months ago #76486

• Winger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135
WEST PERTH FOOTBALL CLUB MEDIA STATEMENT

Friday, August 14, 2015 - 12:33 PM

WEST Perth has read the joint statement of the 8 other WAFL Clubs and unequivocally agrees with them that it is in the best interests of all stakeholders that the 2015 WAFL finals are televised.

The Club’s partnership with its major sponsor Channel 9 was developed and agreed well before the WAFC’s current agreement on WAFL broadcast rights was secured. West Perth is proud to have secured a reputable major sponsor in Channel 9 who is aligned with our vision and values.

With regards to this major sponsorship, the West Perth Football Club has at all times strictly complied with the terms and conditions of its Licence Agreement with the WAFC. Moreover the Club’s management and board have adhered to good corporate governance and followed the required procedural steps to inform and consult with the WAFC. The display of the Channel 9 logo on our playing jumpers is a key obligation of our partnership agreement with Channel 9.

West Perth looks forward to an outcome where no WAFL Club or stakeholder suffers damage to its reputation or finances from the broadcast rights agreement negotiated by the WAFC subsequent to West Perth entering into its Channel 9 partnership. Any imputation concerning bringing the game into disrepute completely lacks relevance in these circumstances.

The WAFC and its WAFL broadcast partner are vital to resolving this issue in a satisfactory manner. The Club has supported and will continue to support the efforts of the WAFC and the other 8 WAFL Clubs.

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 8 months ago #76487

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
www.theaustralian.com.au/news/wafl-clubs...frg6n6-1227483439845

Pass the word around people. Voting on the issue also at the above webpage.

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 8 months ago #76507

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Good to have guys like Liam Bartlett on side..

Strange isnt it... look at this picture... TOYOTA AFL SPONSER.
Volkswagon Sydney swans sponser... wearing the VW LOGO..

Didnt worry Toyota :) that another car company was sponsoring a club.
click on image for larger size

Talking of competitive sponserships working together..

Sydney Swans wearing Volks Wagon logo on shorts when TOYOTA Major sponsers of the AFL.

From the Sydney Morning Herald today... The WAFC are making themselves the laughing stock of Australia... What a bunch of fools and THEY ARE BRINGING HE WAFL into disrepute and making our comp look pretty ordinary... When we are the current Australian state side who have beaten SA and Vic to make ourselves the top Grass roots Australian state.

www.smh.com.au/wa-news/west-perth-falcon...20150814-giz81c.html
Attachments:

TV ISSUE HOTS UP 8 years 8 months ago #76511

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Steve Butler on The Footy Fix tonite was adamant that West Perth were warned that the WAFC were negotiating with Ch7 over TV rights and warned against signing any agreement with 9 at the time West Perth were looking to..As I said before its all sounding like he said, she said, someone is telling fibs. Hopefully we can find out who very soon and put an end to this farce! Also another thing I was thinking tonite is no matter who is right or wrong you cant beat city hall. But sanity has to prevail and would be nice if 7 wouldn't be so precious
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Moderators: Falcon

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 2134 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric