Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

here we go again 5 years 6 months ago #158645

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

ArkRoyal wrote: MrAFL -- As far as I know they are getting the same as every other club; some people, it seems, are peeved because that financial equality comes on the back of making a lot of money from the alignment.

Part of the reason we made huge profits is because we had a salary cap of $100,000 less then g7 clubs.That means we spent $100,000 less then the g7 clubs which this year we will most probably have to spend to be competitive plus we have to pay for coaches.We are only getting what all the other non alignment clubs are getting.we are not getting more then any of the g7 clubs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

here we go again 5 years 6 months ago #158655

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Yeah whatever. Thank fk we robbed you of a flag in 2014 thanks mainly to George in the premiership qtr although the drug cheat almost single handily got you over the line...
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

here we go again 5 years 6 months ago #158658

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

DG wrote: Yeah whatever. Thank fk we robbed you of a flag in 2014 thanks mainly to George in the premiership qtr although the drug cheat almost single handily got you over the line...

any mud sticking to ya.

here we go again 5 years 6 months ago #158662

• alahoy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32

Mr AFL wrote: Was a bit surprised when I read that Grump. Obviously every club recruits but to say that he needed 5-6 Victorian recruits was a bit strange. Why not say we have about 5-6 positions that we need to try and strengthen in the off season for the team to be competitive next year.

Don't need to pay transfer fees for Vic players - assumedely cheaper, although clubs often pay players relocation costs. Point being the old G7 ain't going to part with players to EP cheaply.

here we go again 5 years 6 months ago #158749

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

chaddy22 wrote:

DG wrote: Yeah whatever. Thank fk we robbed you of a flag in 2014 thanks mainly to George in the premiership qtr although the drug cheat almost single handily got you over the line...

any mud sticking to ya.

Know that feeling
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

here we go again 5 years 6 months ago #158790

• WCE1987
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Geez Grump, I follow your posts and write ups during the year and some are of value. But you aren't ever happy with EP. You have complained constantly about the alignment and now that's gone your still not happy. We are getting approx 6 senior players to help out the younger boys so hopefully we are competitive on the field as well as off. Take a bex and a lay down and actually support the club. :)

here we go again 5 years 6 months ago #158802

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

WCE1987 wrote: Geez Grump, I follow your posts and write ups during the year and some are of value. But you aren't ever happy with EP. You have complained constantly about the alignment and now that's gone your still not happy. We are getting approx 6 senior players to help out the younger boys so hopefully we are competitive on the field as well as off. Take a bex and a lay down and actually support the club. :)

I won't defend Grump as he is more than capable of doing it himself. However, why should EP be afforded any consideration given it was East Perth's decision to align the club with West Coast Eagles. They weren't compelled to do take that decision. Therefore, they should live with the consequences of those decisions just as other clubs have had to live with decisions made by their respective boards.

I would also point out that any help EP receives to improve their competitiveness is at the detriment of other club(s).

here we go again 5 years 6 months ago #158811

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Swan 42: keep in mind that once the clubs had votted 9-0 against expanding the wafl, the commisson would have forced the alignment down some poor clubs throat.

here we go again 5 years 6 months ago #158821

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

ArkRoyal wrote: Swan 42: keep in mind that once the clubs had votted 9-0 against expanding the wafl, the commisson would have forced the alignment down some poor clubs throat.[/quote

How could they have done that?

here we go again 5 years 6 months ago #158825

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Swan 42: they have forced a partial alignment on South in the past which is why Peel ended up with Fremantle this time around.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 453 guests and 3 members online

• Dazzler
  • premiership hangover
  • That_slick_left

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag