Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Pick The Crowd - WAFL Grand Final 6 years 7 months ago #134322

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
BC I think you will find the commission go all out to promote the GF.With the hot water there in with this Peel monster they have created.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pick The Crowd - WAFL Grand Final 6 years 7 months ago #134323

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

BC wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: Peel are a soulless footy club.But are playing under the rules that the Football Commission put in place.So it's hard to point the finger at Peel or Freo.
GF1-Peel v Subi -21,000.
GF2-Peel v South Fremantle -24,500.

gee ...they're big numbers gtr...from what I saw yesterday Peel only has about 500 supporters and of those most were probably on bail so who knows?

Some of them might get a Queen's pardon, so you never know!!

From what I've been reading and hearing around the place, 12,000 would be an absolute max if people stick to their guns.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Pick The Crowd - WAFL Grand Final 6 years 7 months ago #134326

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Good Topic

Sadly the dockers have made it through to another GF, this is a real let down fort he last every WAFL GF at Subiaco..ideally two trad clubs should of seen it off, but it was not to be.

As John Townsend wrote, the WAFC will have to reassess their target of 30k now that the dockers are in.

Anyway the numbers , given a perfect day weather wise, decent promo and the last game factor and a early eagles exit from the afl finals...

Subi v Dockers 20,000
South v Dockers 22,000

that is with all the star aligning

bad weather expect 12K

Pick The Crowd - WAFL Grand Final 6 years 7 months ago #134329

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I've gotta say Baz from an entirely selfish perspective and with no disrespect meant towards the other G7 clubs it would have been good if Subi won the final GF at the ground which was our home for 100 years...but unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen....bugger the WAFC and their bloody qualifying rules.

Pick The Crowd - WAFL Grand Final 6 years 7 months ago #134339

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote: you could be right gtr and Peel might attract a few of the Dockers faithful given it's the only silverware they'll win in the next 10 years. ....mind you, if it was say Swans and Souths they'd get close to the 30k they're after.

A problem they will have is who will be playing in the other grades. Having a Swans' team in the GF would have helped.

Whilst I have fond memories of our GF wins and State of Origin wins using the last game at Subiaco as a marketing doesn't wash with me. Bricks and mortar seem to be more important to the WAFC than the actual lifeblood of the WAFL clubs and competition.

I would be hard pressed to suggest that it would be higher than 17,000.

Last edit: by swan42.

Pick The Crowd - WAFL Grand Final 6 years 7 months ago #134343

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: I've gotta say Baz from an entirely selfish perspective and with no disrespect meant towards the other G7 clubs it would have been good if Subi won the final GF at the ground which was our home for 100 years...but unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen....bugger the WAFC and their bloody qualifying rules.

I think it would at least be fitting if Subi played in the last one, that may still happen and they may still win it...obviously we will be doing all we can to prevent it, but tbh would rather of seen this weeks game as the GF.

Pick The Crowd - WAFL Grand Final 6 years 7 months ago #134345

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Considering EF has the most success at winning the big dance at Subi I am pleased at least one of EF teams is in with a chance in a fortnights time....Subi has gotten enough out of Subi Oval financially to forgo any last rights to playing the last game of footy....to be honest if folk hadn't deposited money into those rattling tins there might of been no WAFL club based at Subi Oval for over 3 decades.....I would be more than happy for Peel to win the last game....if it meant the last time they were to be allowed so many Freo players in a finals game ever again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Pick The Crowd - WAFL Grand Final 6 years 7 months ago #134348

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
I think like many on here, I wouldn't be planning to go to the GF unless one of my clubs teams are playing, so if Souths prevail next Sunday I wont be going and vice versa if Subi win. Given the presence of Peelmantle in the GF I think they will struggle to get more that 15k for Subi and 18k for Souths. A lot more neutrals will go if Souths make it. If its wet you can slice around 3k off those numbers.

Pick The Crowd - WAFL Grand Final 6 years 7 months ago #134354

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Freezin wrote: Considering EF has the most success at winning the big dance at Subi I am pleased at least one of EF teams is in with a chance in a fortnights time....Subi has gotten enough out of Subi Oval financially to forgo any last rights to playing the last game of footy....to be honest if folk hadn't deposited money into those rattling tins there might of been no WAFL club based at Subi Oval for over 3 decades.....I would be more than happy for Peel to win the last game....if it meant the last time they were to be allowed so many Freo players in a finals game ever again.

Now that makes good sense freeze. Get this turkey team cut back to a level that is fair to everyone. Then we can get $$$co back to where it is an even playing field.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Pick The Crowd - WAFL Grand Final 6 years 7 months ago #134355

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
A mate and I have decided to go even of Subi get in, and cheer our guts out for them and heap as much shit on the dockers as possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Singha, gtrxuone

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 400 guests and 2 members online

• Dazzler
  • Swansfan

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL