Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Flogging an insipid Fremantle

Flogging an insipid Fremantle 3 years 3 months ago #130738

swan42 wrote:

Bazza wrote:

JB wrote: I was looking more at the actual coaching, which I believe Neesham was excellent at and a trend setter for the game. No doubt the player selections were bad, was that Neesham or the recruiters or both? I don't know. His game plan was good, just didn't have the players to execute it. I think he is second to Lyon. Lyon is an excellent coach and exactly what Freo need over the next few years to be competitive again. It's a process and we will have more results like this weeks against Sydney from time to time, nobody likes it but Freo will benefit from Lyons coaching as time goes by.


The dockers look like doubling their wins on a shocking last year , what was it 4 wins last year , this year its 8, and they move up maybe 1 or two spots on the ladder.

They have the second lowest points scored , second only to Carlton and that's only by 4 points, 1464, that side of coaching by Lyon hasn't matured much, but he real change has been on what's been conceded , 1898 , giving them a woeful 77.1% , you've had 104 v Swans 100 v Crows and 57 from spooners Brisbane.

As far as you are concerned is Lyon on track with the modern game ? What are you expecting him deliver? and how long are you prepared to wait, if next year is like this year does the club make a move?


What if they win the premiership next year; will the Dockers sack him?


what if he had won the one at the Saints? would he even be here?

What if they win a spoon next year ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Flogging an insipid Fremantle 3 years 3 months ago #130739

JB wrote: It's way to early to judge Lyon on the rebuild, all other clubs, with the possible exception of Hawks and Sydney, take a few years to show much at all. Look at Saints, Melb, Brisbane etc. I would have thought that results so far from last year to this year are positive so far and on an upward move. The next two years will tell the story.


so in 2019 - are you flag contenders? that's the target

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Flogging an insipid Fremantle 3 years 3 months ago #130741

  • JB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Bazza:
so in 2019 - are you flag contenders? that's the target
Brad Hardie might know, I don't. You would think a flag is always the target, when and if is the unknown. They have to be in a much better position by then for sure. Be patient Bazza, its only time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Flogging an insipid Fremantle 3 years 3 months ago #130748

JB wrote: Bazza:
so in 2019 - are you flag contenders? that's the target
Brad Hardie might know, I don't. You would think a flag is always the target, when and if is the unknown. They have to be in a much better position by then for sure. Be patient Bazza, its only time.


That's the problem sponsors tend not to be patient, nor do members and in a cut throat corporate world it runs out pretty quick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Flogging an insipid Fremantle 3 years 3 months ago #130752

  • Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

JB wrote: Bazza:
so in 2019 - are you flag contenders? that's the target
Brad Hardie might know, I don't. You would think a flag is always the target, when and if is the unknown. They have to be in a much better position by then for sure. Be patient Bazza, its only time.


That's the problem sponsors tend not to be patient, nor do members and in a cut throat corporate world it runs out pretty quick.


Not every club gets kissed on the dick by the AFL, if it wasn't for COLA and Sydneys academy where would your' club be , the AFL can't afford to let the Swans bottom out last time that happened had to get Barrassi out of retirement.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Flogging an insipid Fremantle 3 years 3 months ago #130753

  • JB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
They are patient. Been 22 years another few are neither here nor there are they.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Flogging an insipid Fremantle 3 years 3 months ago #130755

JB wrote: They are patient. Been 22 years another few are neither here nor there are they.


are they really,,did someone tell harvey or drum that on the way out?

The dockers have that advantage over the eagles the bar is lower so the tolerance higher.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bazza.

Flogging an insipid Fremantle 3 years 3 months ago #130756

Peter North wrote:

Bazza wrote:

JB wrote: Bazza:
so in 2019 - are you flag contenders? that's the target
Brad Hardie might know, I don't. You would think a flag is always the target, when and if is the unknown. They have to be in a much better position by then for sure. Be patient Bazza, its only time.


That's the problem sponsors tend not to be patient, nor do members and in a cut throat corporate world it runs out pretty quick.


Not every club gets kissed on the dick by the AFL, if it wasn't for COLA and Sydneys academy where would your' club be , the AFL can't afford to let the Swans bottom out last time that happened had to get Barrassi out of retirement.


every club has been kissed except for freo, just wracked by bad luck and misfortune.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Flogging an insipid Fremantle 3 years 3 months ago #130757

The problem remains even in our grand final year and since Ross took charge is we have always struggled to be a high scoring team. We should be throwing the kitchen sink at Rory Lobb who is third in line at GWS behind Jeremy Cameron and Jonathan Patton and also Mitch McGovern and they need to get the young ruckman from East Perth Scott Jones. Sandi is nearly done, Griffen is only a WAFL backup and we can't pin our hopes on Zac Clarke and I reckon if we get 5 years out of Darcy Cameron before Geelong or Hawthorn steal him from us we are doing well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Flogging an insipid Fremantle 3 years 3 months ago #130758

  • JB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Bazza:
are they really,,did someone tell harvey or drum that on the way out?
You were talking specifically about sponsors and members, now your talking coaches so I think they will be patient with Lyon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 869 guests and 3 members online

  • Blackduck
  • Demons Forever
  • smokey

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Nate37
  • Cole Trickle
  • Fatman
  • jazzyfooty
  • jcp