Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

C2 Grand Final 9 years 8 months ago #53962

• Maggies
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Along with a lot of other people went and watched Basso cause some pain to Canning Vale. A 10 goal win. Interested to hear LAG point of view on the game a big show down at steel blue on Saturday. LAG I believe you were number 1 the lads in the tent were discussing your crying from the last game and you got chopped again by the same defender that beat you last time. M8 maybe need to do what I did a few years ago and hang up the boots. Game was played in good spirits even though the conditions were not the best a good standard by both teams.

Peoples thoughts on next weeks GF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

C2 Grand Final 9 years 8 months ago #54207

• Loves-A-Goal
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Woweee, after such a good win by your club it is a shame for a retiree like you to come on here and get personal! Cheers for the attention though, I appreciate it.

However, having 5-minutes spare - in response;

I couldn't give two f*cks who I play on each week... As a bloke who has trained once all season, and who had retired from League Footy at the end of last year and who started the season in the two's (playing with his mates) and only when our League FF injured himself did I answer a call from the playing group and agree to come up again to help out. Averaging just under 3-goals a game I think I did ok this season for an old man... Nevertheless, I appreciate the respect you blokes give me by playing a good defender on me who plays a tight, disciplined brand of footy.

Also, I have no idea what you are talking about by having a cry?? I am the first to admit he comfortably beat me two weeks ago, and this week, when we had less than 15 inside-50's, I found myself having to head to the backline and midfield to get a kick and as any forward will admit, when the ball doesn't come down there it isn't much fun! However, you did get one thing right in your post. I am retiring.... again!! haha

To the game itself. Bassendean far too good. Their class when delivering it forward, and their out and out silky skills were a feature of their game. AK made it look like it was a dry day and Papers and Yaz were VERY dangerous up forward. Our blokes just couldn't match them.

This leaves Carlisle and Bassendean playing off in the Granny. The X Factor of Basso vs the out and out discipline of Carlilse, who have been the best team all year. I would expect a close game, but Carlisle are my tip as they play on a big oval, with better fitness, and a much more even spread of good players.

Looking to next year, I think Bassendean might struggle as a team who loses 8-games in a season, going up to C1 with a Reserves side that struggled in parts as well. Carlisle should match it with the C1 sides as we have seen with Quinns this season.

From a CV point of view; I think we exceeded expectations this season (including our own) by finishing 3rd. Our League had largely the same side as last year, but just our younger guys are a year older and stronger, 5 or 6 still able to play Colts next season which shows the age of some of our guys. We had numerous injuries, one career ending in Damo, and yet we were still more than competitive, right till the end.

Finally, I wish all the best to those guys playing in the Grand Finals this week(through all three grades). To Ace and your boys, you have done really well again, I missed you for a beer on Saturday, but I am sure we will meet again. To the Carlisle League side, one team in the Granny out of three, I am sure you will put all your efforts into bringing home another Flag! Enjoy the opportunity and good luck.

Time again for this old man to do what he loves most, don the whites and sit at first gripper for the next 6-months.. Take care, Loves-A-Goal.
Loves kicking goals, passing them off is only an option.

Canningvale SFC - Established 2011
C2R Premiers 2015
C2 (Colts - Laurie Keene) Premiers 2013
C3 Premiers 2012
C4 Premiers 2011

C2 Grand Final 9 years 8 months ago #54257

• Explayer
Well said LAG!! Maggies, you put a ban on ur players being on this site - stay of it yourself!

Thoughts this week - Carlisle by 6 goals

C2 Grand Final 9 years 8 months ago #54304

• Maggies
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes I was told by my mate that there was a ban put on at the club that was a while ago now and I don't think I have said anything which shouldn't be allowed freedom of speech.

C2 Grand Final 9 years 8 months ago #54413

• kirbs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17

Loves-A-Goal wrote: Woweee, after such a good win by your club it is a shame for a retiree like you to come on here and get personal! Cheers for the attention though, I appreciate it.

However, having 5-minutes spare - in response;

I couldn't give two f*cks who I play on each week... As a bloke who has trained once all season, and who had retired from League Footy at the end of last year and who started the season in the two's (playing with his mates) and only when our League FF injured himself did I answer a call from the playing group and agree to come up again to help out. Averaging just under 3-goals a game I think I did ok this season for an old man... Nevertheless, I appreciate the respect you blokes give me by playing a good defender on me who plays a tight, disciplined brand of footy.

Also, I have no idea what you are talking about by having a cry?? I am the first to admit he comfortably beat me two weeks ago, and this week, when we had less than 15 inside-50's, I found myself having to head to the backline and midfield to get a kick and as any forward will admit, when the ball doesn't come down there it isn't much fun! However, you did get one thing right in your post. I am retiring.... again!! haha

To the game itself. Bassendean far too good. Their class when delivering it forward, and their out and out silky skills were a feature of their game. AK made it look like it was a dry day and Papers and Yaz were VERY dangerous up forward. Our blokes just couldn't match them.

This leaves Carlisle and Bassendean playing off in the Granny. The X Factor of Basso vs the out and out discipline of Carlilse, who have been the best team all year. I would expect a close game, but Carlisle are my tip as they play on a big oval, with better fitness, and a much more even spread of good players.

Looking to next year, I think Bassendean might struggle as a team who loses 8-games in a season, going up to C1 with a Reserves side that struggled in parts as well. Carlisle should match it with the C1 sides as we have seen with Quinns this season.

From a CV point of view; I think we exceeded expectations this season (including our own) by finishing 3rd. Our League had largely the same side as last year, but just our younger guys are a year older and stronger, 5 or 6 still able to play Colts next season which shows the age of some of our guys. We had numerous injuries, one career ending in Damo, and yet we were still more than competitive, right till the end.

Finally, I wish all the best to those guys playing in the Grand Finals this week(through all three grades). To Ace and your boys, you have done really well again, I missed you for a beer on Saturday, but I am sure we will meet again. To the Carlisle League side, one team in the Granny out of three, I am sure you will put all your efforts into bringing home another Flag! Enjoy the opportunity and good luck.

Time again for this old man to do what he loves most, don the whites and sit at first gripper for the next 6-months.. Take care, Loves-A-Goal.

Great reply LAG.

Winners can be grinners, but some still cannot do it with humility.

I notice he has not come up to a response to your excellent reply.

Last edit: by kirbs.

C2 Grand Final 9 years 8 months ago #54422

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Enjoy ur retirement LAG, appreciated ur informative write ups during the year re C2.

As to my old club Basso, good luck on the weekend. You have a great opportunity to win if you can pull together as a team against a quality opponent. All the best and be brave!!!!

C2 Grand Final 9 years 8 months ago #54521

• kirbs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Missing a previous chirpy Magpie, has what happens to continual attacking Magpies happened to him :P

Last edit: by kirbs.

C2 Grand Final 9 years 8 months ago #54532

• retired
Lag your commentry has been great to Carlisle and Basso good luck
Lag u r right quinns adapted well and finished fourth.
Speed and fitness is the key as you move up the grades .
Good colts and res helps.
From what i here of c2 carlisle will do well.
Bassendean may if they can do the above otherwise they will do a canning and drop back.

C2 Grand Final 9 years 8 months ago #54820

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Anyone sober enough to give this match a bit of a write up???

How'd Kraks and the FF play. Read Carlisle had 2 players sent off. Why? Did they blow a fuse? 7 goal 3rd qtr set the win up obviously...sorry to ask but work commitments ruined my plans to get down to Basso yesterday. By all reports Carlisle were clearly the best team in C2 throughout the year so why did they lose yesterday?
Well done to my old club Basso & good luck to both clubs in C1 next year

C2 Grand Final 9 years 8 months ago #54823

• The Major
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18

Dirty Weekender wrote: Anyone sober enough to give this match a bit of a write up???

How'd Kraks and the FF play. Read Carlisle had 2 players sent off. Why? Did they blow a fuse? 7 goal 3rd qtr set the win up obviously...sorry to ask but work commitments ruined my plans to get down to Basso yesterday. By all reports Carlisle were clearly the best team in C2 throughout the year so why did they lose yesterday?
Well done to my old club Basso & good luck to both clubs in C1 next year

There were four yellow cards handed out (two to each club) before the last quarter started for a melee that occurred at 3/4 time

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 227 guests and one member online

• Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MyzhCow
  • MyzhRearo
  • EddieAstef
  • Robertseari
  • Lost WAFL