Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Coaching succession plan

Coaching succession plan 1 month 2 weeks ago #178422

  • KCEF
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 676
  • Thank you received: 63
well done Perth. Decisive

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Coaching succession plan 1 month 2 weeks ago #178424

  • DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3878
  • Thank you received: 775

smokey wrote: Yes, the new broom has been kept very busy right through the 2019 season and gained momentum since the start of the off season.
We must not underestimate the signing of Chris Masten. It was huge and the catalyst for the ongoing change happening at the club. Compare that signing and subsequent recruiting with what is happening at other clubs. A quick glance at the ins and outs topic tells us that most other clubs are experiencing difficulty finding quality recruits.
Of the other recruits being brought into PFC it is likely that not all of them will be world beaters but there is a solid influx to back up the Masten signing and the existing players.
Now we see changes to the coaching structure and a new role for Earl post his senior coaching role. This new role and the appointment of Garry Moss as Senior coach in waiting is a new and refreshing approach.
Yes Dazz, we can dare to put aside hope and go forward with expectations. A refreshing new era for the club awaits methinks.

Big changes happening at board level too Smokey. The club is attracting some heavy hitters. For the first time in a long time there looks like being a fierce battle to be a Perth Director.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Coaching succession plan 1 month 2 weeks ago #178441

  • Stand the Test
  • Away
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1625
  • Thank you received: 237
Yes I think quite exciting being a Demon at the moment because at least we are having a crack!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Coaching succession plan 1 month 2 weeks ago #178444

  • Demons Forever
  • Demons Forever's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3424
  • Thank you received: 172
Not necessarily so fierce as you may think.
I think you will find some of the candidates are fairly obvious (heavy hitters).
I'm backing the Captain's Club and the new regime.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Coaching succession plan 1 month 2 weeks ago #178448

  • smokey
  • smokey's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1972
  • Thank you received: 143

Demons Forever wrote: Not necessarily so fierce as you may think.
I think you will find some of the candidates are fairly obvious (heavy hitters).
I'm backing the Captain's Club and the new regime.


Me too DF.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Coaching succession plan 1 month 2 weeks ago #178449

  • Stand the Test
  • Away
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1625
  • Thank you received: 237

smokey wrote:

Demons Forever wrote: Not necessarily so fierce as you may think.
I think you will find some of the candidates are fairly obvious (heavy hitters).
I'm backing the Captain's Club and the new regime.


Me too DF.


Who are they backing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Coaching succession plan 1 month 2 weeks ago #178452

  • Demons Forever
  • Demons Forever's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3424
  • Thank you received: 172
My votes are in.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Coaching succession plan 1 month 2 weeks ago #178485

  • PD1899
  • PD1899's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 262
  • Thank you received: 20

smokey wrote: Yes, the new broom has been kept very busy right through the 2019 season and gained momentum since the start of the off season.
We must not underestimate the signing of Chris Masten. It was huge and the catalyst for the ongoing change happening at the club. Compare that signing and subsequent recruiting with what is happening at other clubs. A quick glance at the ins and outs topic tells us that most other clubs are experiencing difficulty finding quality recruits.
Of the other recruits being brought into PFC it is likely that not all of them will be world beaters but there is a solid influx to back up the Masten signing and the existing players.
Now we see changes to the coaching structure and a new role for Earl post his senior coaching role. This new role and the appointment of Garry Moss as Senior coach in waiting is a new and refreshing approach.
Yes Dazz, we can dare to put aside hope and go forward with expectations. A refreshing new era for the club awaits methinks.

This can also be written differently: Yet another year of no significant recruiting. 1 old midfielder with poor disposal skills and a potential key forward that only scored 20 goals last season. Still the club fails to recognize and recruit exactly what is needed - a gun forward and a dominant ruckman. This is what you guys have been harping on about for years , so why are you letting this administration off so lightly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Coaching succession plan 1 month 2 weeks ago #178501

  • smokey
  • smokey's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1972
  • Thank you received: 143
PD, who would you have recruited? Just have a look at ins and outs for all clubs.
Not a lot stands out over our ins. Recruiting is not a shopping trip. You cannot just pick up the players you want off the shelf. It is complicated with salary and points caps to contend with.
You underestimate the signing of Chris Masten and the impact he will have on the club.
I did say that not all of the ins will be world beaters. Some may not make the final cut.
You can put whatever spin you like on it but IMHO with Masten as the lynchpin the final squad will allow us to go into the new season with reasonable expectations.
Will we win a flag in 2020? Probably not but my expectation is a finals campaign as a contender and not just making up the numbers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by smokey.

Coaching succession plan 1 month 2 weeks ago #178504

  • jackspratt
  • jackspratt's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 848
  • Thank you received: 231
You seem to have very high expectations for Masten, smokey. I hope for your club's sake they are realised, but I reckon history says otherwise.

I am sure others can help me here - but how many AFL veterans, with zero chance of being picked up by another AFL club, have come back and performed at a sustained level in the WAFL?

More likely to be just going through the motions, to squeeze the last dollar out of their faded football skills.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 322 guests and 4 members online

  • Blunder
  • Freezin
  • Stand the Test
  • Warwick Greenwood Bulls

Newest Footy Recruits

  • jeffbrian22
  • Weathers
  • Ozi250
  • jasontodd
  • VicParkboy