Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161714

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Oh and I too got that email from Chubby and am pretty sure he wasn't at the AGM?????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161721

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
The first step in the change process is to admit that change is necessary.
My apologies but 3 finals campaigns in 40 years is dismal failure.
The group looking for change are successful people on and off the field.
During that 40 years we have never had anybody with the nous to bring success to the Club.
That is of course with due respect as those people have given their time to try.
We are not going anywhere we need to look for new ideas.
As Bob Shields has alluded to our future will require higher levels of business accumen.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Last edit: by Demons Forever.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161728

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Don't judge people by attendance at an AGM.
Chubby Stiles has been to more than you or I.
He has also done more for our great Club than you or I as well.
Over the past 50 years.
We have a group of football people with other skills prepared to put their hand up.
Time to unite behind them and change direction and bring our great Club back to where it belongs.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161733

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 218
PD and STT, you obviously are happy with40 years of mediocrity, but that aside, get your facts right.
The so-called challengers DID NOT cause the delay in the election. That was caused when compliance with the Constitution was called into question resulting from the ineptitude of the club administration. There were absolutely no options but to postpone the ballot.
It was not in the interests of Bob Shields and the challenge group for this to occur as it delays their ability, should they eventually win the ballot, to start putting their plans into action.
And don't be mislead. The Captains Group are not only ex champion players but all successful business people....Shields, Lofts, Inman, Edwards, Cook, Rosbender Stiles, plus club sponsors and patrons. All pretty influential people. Do not question their "savvy".
No-one is "creaming themselves". Just recognising the need for big changes and showing support for those who have the guts to put up their hands and accept the challenge to make the changes.
You could have attended the AGM and put your views or even put up your own hands but then, perhaps you are not members.

Last edit: by smokey.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161738

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
I received the following email from the club today regarding the board elections.

BOARD APPROVE RECASTING OF VOTING IN 2018 CLUB ELECTIONS
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM) ADJOURNED TO 21st FEBRUARY 2019.
At our AGM on Monday evening (10th December) the Members approved the adjournment of the AGM. This was required as the Board approved the cancelling of the current voting in the President and Board Elections and requested the Returning Officer provide for a new ballot to take place.

This was brought about when the Club Returning Officer approached the Board and recommended the voting be redone. The Board considered the reasons and agreed to the recommendation.

Whilst this is regrettable it is important the process has integrity.

The main concerns were:

Our ‘Sponsors Agreements’, at the request of the sponsors, may include Club Memberships, however they are subject to correct completion of membership applications. It appears the correct member applications and processes were not followed in some instances. As a result, voting slips have been sent to ineligible voters. The membership register has been corrected.
Some Members have complained the voting system is not foolproof enough and whilst it meets constitutional requirements, to avoid any mischief, a more thorough process would stop any professional photocopying (however slight this chance might be) and give confidence to the member their vote has been received.
It was suggested candidates in the election may have appealed because of the voting slips going to ineligible voters. This might eventuate in voting being recast anyway and perhaps legal costs incurred.
Recasting the Votes during January would be unfair and inconsiderate due to the holidays. Taking this into account the Returning Officer has been requested to post all voting paperwork to eligible members on 29th January, with voting closing on Tuesday 19th February.

The results will be announced at the adjourned AGM on Thursday 21st February.

Should you have any queries regarding the above please do not hesitate to contact either of the below PFC representatives;

Daryle Mann - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 0402035647
Greg Dart (Returning Officer) - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Marty Atkins (Club CEO) - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Board believe the integrity of the voting process is paramount and outweighs the inconvenience. We confirmed that all received voting slips will be destroyed and directed that any current voting slips being held be destroyed.

The candidates and only those members eligible to vote at the original closing dates of nomination will stand.

On a more exciting note it was great news to hear that Corey Byrne, Corey Yeo and Brant Colledge have extended their contracts with the Club stating their belief, that the Club has a good future and are excited about our prospects over the coming years. I am sure we all agree with them.

On behalf of the club I hope all our members have a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.

Daryle Mann

President

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161739

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

Stand the Test wrote: Oh and I too got that email from Chubby and am pretty sure he wasn't at the AGM?????

The email was sent by the Captains Club, not from Chubby directly.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161745

• personal demon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
It’s a pretty trying debate. Simply asking questions of the challengers does not equal accepting 40 yrs of mediocrity. You sound like a disciple Smokey. And that’s dangerous in my book. It’s time weighing up the alternatives not Pie in the Sky stuff. Plus Bob Shields and Chubby are hardly young men. What have they been doing for the last 40 yrs? Accepting mediocrity?
I’ll say it again footy champions don’t necessarily makechanpion board members or Presidents. Or wasn’t Brian Lawrence a good enough footy person for you?
Returning this club to success on the field will take a lot of hard work. But since the boards I’ve known since 97 have been full of hard work, I find your representation of the last 20 years at least highly disrespectful and frankly I’ll informed. Much like your support for Bob Shields.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161747

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
Chubby has been a part of the establishment for decades and sat by and done nothing. Not sure why he is suddenly linked with this "Captains Club" movement for change. I think Chubby will go wherever there's a free lunch and probably too close to the existing establishment. Those other former players haven't been around until recent times perhaps observing from afar.

Maybe it's a case of having more time on their hands as their working life winds down and want to do something about bringing on field success back to the club. They certainly know what it takes to achieve on field success. Yes I recall Bob Shields getting into some sort of trouble in real estate post his playing career but that was probably around 35 to 40 years ago. I'm sure he's learnt his lesson. I believe he's been involved in property development down Fremantle way in recent years.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Last edit: by DD.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161751

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 218
Brian Lawrence was a very good man and the fact that the club has survived to this day is very much due to his time as President and his astute leadership. He was a true blue Demon in every respect, an Academic by profession and an ex player of the club.
You call me dangerous, disrespectful and ill informed. As a passionate supporter and member of the club for over 60 years I have seen some of the very best and the very worst. Believe me when I say that Brian Lawrence was amongst the very best. I find your assertions about me most offensive.
The past 20 years that you allude to has been mediocre by any measure that you might apply but by no means do I imply that there has been no hard work done by all those that have been involved in those years.
As for my support for Bob Shields and his group, I am on the same wave length with them and see them as the best option for the club going forward. That is my humble opinion and I will not shrink from that.
PD, I respect your own opinion to which you are most entitled but I will not debate the matter further with you as long as you continue to make it personal.

Last edit: by smokey.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161754

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43
As I see it, the current board cannot be blamed for the past 40 years. Nor can they be congratulated for any on field successes during their time at the helm. What they can also be criticised for is lack of communication. The only messages I get are when they need me to buy something. Where is that bloody report from this time last year????

My big concern about changing to a new hierarchy is how can they make any changes to on field success? they cant change our zones and will have the same recruiting issues as the past board... No one wants to play for Perth. That simple.

So my question how can the Mr Shields change that?

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 270 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL