Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 2 months ago #164099

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
She has decided not to contest the seat of Curtin at the next election and it was clear she feels confident the government will be returned to office at the next election and she's already had several approaches, some are women, who will nominate for her seat if she decided not to go on. And she's going to throw her support behind the next Liberal candidate.

No doubt the Libs will put another woman in that seat. At least she's not off sulking as an independent. Though she didn't single out Scott Morrison for praise what I read into her decision was she was impressed with the leader and his front bench.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DD.

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 2 months ago #164102

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I actually think she did a pretty good job as FM but so many front benchers pulling the pin is not a good look for ScoMo that's for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 2 months ago #164103

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I guarantee you BC if Labor lose the election it will be the end of the career in politics for many even for those who win their seat. Julie won her seat at the last election with a 65% primary vote so it seems like a safe Liberal seat.

I've been watching a fair bit of question time lately and I'm tipping the member for Rankin to be the next big thing to take Labor going forward. His name is Jim Chalmers and looks like a good operator in parliament.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 2 months ago #164106

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Real pity to lose her as my local member, but it was pretty obvious she was on the way out a while back.

I wonder if Porter will try and save his skin and jump into Curtin.

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 2 months ago #164107

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: I actually think she did a pretty good job as FM but so many front benchers pulling the pin is not a good look for ScoMo that's for sure.

There isn't much there left BC, Ive got a feeling Pyne will lose his seat as well, Porter is in trouble as well.

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 2 months ago #164112

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Will be interesting to see what Christian Porter does as he has been linked with potentially moving to Curtin if it became vacant. As for Julie Bishop she probably didn't fancy another stint on the opposition benches and a diplomatic post may be available for her in New York shortly!

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 2 months ago #164116

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I think the election is a whole new ball game now Labor supported the Phelps bill. The Australian electorate has been given a reminder of what Labor is capable of. They have removed the discretionary powers of the minister and once these people are allowed in on doctors advice they won't be forced to go back and will be processed here which will probably give them a better chance to be granted asylum. I reckon the next poll will put the coalition in front.
Get on your bike.

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 2 months ago #164121

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Libs all the way from here, Bishop gave them Morrison, Dutton and co a huge wrap on the way out the door. Libs may not be in front nationally at the next poll(although they will no doubt be closer) however they will surge in WA on the back of this and Julie's support for her Liberal colleagues left there.
Porter won't need to switch, safe as houses now where he is and the Australian electorate are waking up.

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 2 months ago #164122

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote: Libs all the way from here, Bishop gave them Morrison, Dutton and co a huge wrap on the way out the door. Libs may not be in front nationally at the next poll(although they will no doubt be closer) however they will surge in WA on the back of this and Julie's support for her Liberal colleagues left there.
Porter won't need to switch, safe as houses now where he is and the Australian electorate are waking up.

Oh and it was a quick trip out the door, couldn't wait to get to the airport. No time to stay and listen to Scott and co but they will surge from here on in.

Julie Bishop pulls the pin 5 years 2 months ago #164140

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote: Libs all the way from here, Bishop gave them Morrison, Dutton and co a huge wrap on the way out the door. Libs may not be in front nationally at the next poll(although they will no doubt be closer) however they will surge in WA on the back of this and Julie's support for her Liberal colleagues left there.

Surge on the back of Bishop leaving??? How do you work that out, she was their biggest face here and biggest fund raiser, my tip is the Liberal vote in Curtin will go back some way - meanwhile another WA MP Corman is taking dodgy trips with Helloworld.

Porter is on very thin 5.5% in Pearce , even on current improved polling he would be gone.

Last edit: by Bazza.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 362 guests and 4 members online

• Success Hill
  • Time For a Flag
  • premiership hangover
  • That_slick_left

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple