Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131764

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2019
Starting this thread early in the week to block the Claremont loss out of my mind. This is Swans last chance to wrap up a home final. Amazingly we still have our destiny in our hands after 3 bad losses in a row. Even a loss on Saturday could still see us host a final if the other results go a certain way. Talk about rewarding mediocrity!

A loss to East Fremantle should not be on the agenda though because if this happens we just don't deserve our spot in the finals even if we do make it. Swans need to use this game to try and get some semblance of confidence back and try and play in the same style that got them so many wins early in the season. Be brave and take the game on! No more of this passive/defensive style that played into Claremont's hands last week.
Thankfully it appears that we will now have the services of Ellard as his penalty has been reduced to a reprimand.He will be better for the run after a few weeks out. Riggio will bolster the midfield and we will need a stronger output from guys like Blight and Turner so that Faulkner doesn't feel like he is battling it out on his own.

The Sharks will be motivated to win to get off the bottom of the ladder and send out their stalwart Anthony Stephen in style and we only need to cast our mind back 6 weeks ago when they nearly knocked us off at Bassendean but really this game is a non negotiable for Swans if they want to be competitive next week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131774

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

mikeh wrote: Starting this thread early in the week to block the Claremont loss out of my mind. This is Swans last chance to wrap up a home final. Amazingly we still have our destiny in our hands after 3 bad losses in a row. Even a loss on Saturday could still see us host a final if the other results go a certain way. Talk about rewarding mediocrity!

A loss to East Fremantle should not be on the agenda though because if this happens we just don't deserve our spot in the finals even if we do make it. Swans need to use this game to try and get some semblance of confidence back and try and play in the same style that got them so many wins early in the season. Be brave and take the game on! No more of this passive/defensive style that played into Claremont's hands last week.
Thankfully it appears that we will now have the services of Ellard as his penalty has been reduced to a reprimand.He will be better for the run after a few weeks out. Riggio will bolster the midfield and we will need a stronger output from guys like Blight and Turner so that Faulkner doesn't feel like he is battling it out on his own.

The Sharks will be motivated to win to get off the bottom of the ladder and send out their stalwart Anthony Stephen in style and we only need to cast our mind back 6 weeks ago when they nearly knocked us off at Bassendean but really this game is a non negotiable for Swans if they want to be competitive next week.

Sounds like your writing a report about West Perth !!!

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131775

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 925
Hopefully EF stalwart Andrew Stephen has a better game then Anthony Stephen on Sat Mikeh.....but we get your drift mate....hopefully Tommy Ames gets over his injury concerns and is available for SD on Sat

Last edit: by Freezin.

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131778

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
LOL Senior moment. Got his name mixed up with Anthony Stevens the former North Melbourne champ. Good luck Andrew. Not sure if Tommy is going to be right though.......

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131786

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2876

mikeh wrote: LOL Senior moment. Got his name mixed up with Anthony Stevens the former North Melbourne champ. Good luck Andrew. Not sure if Tommy is going to be right though.......

There was a Swans player named Anthony Stephens only a few years back Mike maybe that was the confusion?

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131794

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote:

mikeh wrote: LOL Senior moment. Got his name mixed up with Anthony Stevens the former North Melbourne champ. Good luck Andrew. Not sure if Tommy is going to be right though.......

There was a Swans player named Anthony Stephens only a few years back Mike maybe that was the confusion?

You may be right BH, where did he get to I wonder as I recall he was quite a promising player for a year or two?

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131815

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2876

mikeh wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

You may be right BH, where did he get to I wonder as I recall he was quite a promising player for a year or two?

Is back playing at Swan Valley these days I believe Mike.
Made his League debut in a 2nd Semi Final vs CL at CL.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131837

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Beasley Hutton wrote:

mikeh wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Is back playing at Swan Valley these days I believe Mike.
Made his League debut in a 2nd Semi Final vs CL at CL.

Surprised old Le Victim didnt pipe up :lol:
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, Viper

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131859

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Praying for sunshine this weekend... really looking forward to the colts game. Should be a cracker. Lets hope our league side come out with a suitable game plan to negate the 15m chip kick game EF brought to the table last time we met. The easiest way to win this ball game is to get some efficiency back in to our kicking and general ball use which has been atrocious of late. Sign of a long season and tired footy side usually. Has Harding left a couple of cards up his sleeve for this stage of the season and can our players surprise fans one more time this season be rejuvenating their energy levels for a crack at Sept?? I'm not seeing it but will happily be proven wrong. After a much better season in 2017 when taken as a whole it would be nice to go to the line wherever it may be frothing at the bit :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 6 years 8 months ago #131962

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ames has been named but Mckenzie on an extended bench so I would imagine Tallen will be up for a fitness test prior to the game. Noble and Riggio both good inclusions which will bolster the team.
3 big games at Bassendean this weekend. Swans colts need a win over the top team to retain their double chance. The reserves game is an elimination final and I have a feeling it will be a competitive league game.
Forecast is set fair so will be a great day for footy.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 396 guests and 2 members online

• Success Hill
  • Bulldog1990

Newest Footy Recruits

• Eddieskago
  • chaibrA
  • AbrahamErype
  • whatoma