Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3251

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Leo wrote: Yep, and I have heard young sports presenters like Corbin Middlemass on the ABC that I used to think was quite good prove that he really has no idea of the lay of the land, other than what you would expect a young bloke to know I suppose. He really irritated me late last year in a couple of his shows.

Middlemas is still wet behind the ears and wouldnt know shit from clay really! I reckon the guys on 107.3 do it well, its good listening to blokes like Chambers, Breman and co who know what they are on about and arent biased..too many Claremont ppl on other stations
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3253

• Chopper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
The WAFL is becoming a big joke - It's only us guy's on here who realy give a shit - everyone else couldn't give two crackers !!!

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3265

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2876

Chopper wrote: The WAFL is becoming a big joke - It's only us guy's on here who realy give a shit - everyone else couldn't give two crackers !!!

The reason it is becoming a joke chopper is because it is run by deadset clowns like Cooper, McHenry, Dorrington et al!! :angry:
And as for Middlemas he may think he is the next Glen Mitchell in terms of sports knowledge etc but that is far, far, far from the case ..I had to pull the little smart a$$ up last year after he went to air with the wrong facts about the WAFL & my club in particular! A little research occasionally on the WAFL in his position on the national broadcaster wouldnt go astray!

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3271

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Chopper wrote: The WAFL is becoming a big joke - It's only us guy's on here who realy give a shit - everyone else couldn't give two crackers !!!

The reason it is becoming a joke chopper is because it is run by deadset clowns like Cooper, McHenry, Dorrington et al!! :angry:
And as for Middlemas he may think he is the next Glen Mitchell in terms of sports knowledge etc but that is far, far, far from the case ..I had to pull the little smart a$$ up last year after he went to air with the wrong facts about the WAFL & my club in particular! A little research occasionally on the WAFL in his position on the national broadcaster wouldnt go astray!

I heard that espisode. That was well done mate. Middlemas was stating his opinion and calling it a fact and then trying to make poor old Hughesy look ill informed for having a different opinion. I won't listen to Middlemas again after that.

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3272

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
was that the episode he said Swans went over the cap last year and then wouldnt back down when presented with correct info ?
he's a massive Claremont supporter - enough said.

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3273

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MarkOlsen wrote: was that the episode he said Swans went over the cap last year and then wouldnt back down when presented with correct info ?
he's a massive Claremont supporter - enough said.

Yeah, that's the one and then he said that nothing was written in the media about it so it wasn't his fault. :angry:

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3274

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2876

La Hincha wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

I heard that espisode. That was well done mate. Middlemas was stating his opinion and calling it a fact and then trying to make poor old Hughesy look ill informed for having a different opinion. I won't listen to Middlemas again after that.

Thanks mate like you I havent listened to the little smart a$$ since I had to pull him up! That was the same episode MO I couldnt believe what I was hearing at the time!

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3317

• dogman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
As much as I hate to admit it and say it, the WAFL will be as popular as the Sunday League was in the 80's and 90's. It will attract 800 - 1,500 people to a game, have a few ex - AFL (used to be WAFL players) come back to their club of choice for a few extra dollars and be run by families, friends and ex-players of current players.

Write ups in the paper will drift to just having the scores in the back section in the summary of sport pages and perhaps an article when the GF comes around.

Cars will be let in soon around the bigger grounds to make it look full and the radio broadcast will be cut to one "special" station which will do a match of the day and have around the grounds scores every 15 mins. That will be the extent of the coverage.

The footy budget will disappear within 3-5 yrs and become another thing of the past just like cheersquads, cheergirls, run through banners, player stickers and cards, team stickers and cards, player school visits, WAFL memrobilia, painted logos and sponsorships on the grounds, WAFL Tv shows, radio coverage and newspaper information.

Sponsors fall off because of different reasons, (one being the aligned club situation), clubs don't have the revenue anymore to recruit players, any young players who are good are taken by the AFL and the standard of footy drops quickly.

The only reason WAFL clubs have just survived as of now is due to wce and freo dividends to the WAFC and draft money, otherwise we would all be gone like Fitzroy - ALL OF US.

The only people that really care about the WAFL is us on here. I'd say about 6,000 people per week will consistantly go to a WAFL game. Slowly those numbers will decrease as folks fall off the perch or become that disgruntled with the continuous changes that their passion does off.

Soon we have no supporters, media or passion as everyone's first priority is the AFL because lets face it, it is better footy (skills wise I mean, not flooding wise) and it a national comp with huge exposure etc.

Time for radical thinking right now to get KIDS at the WAFL, 20/twenty style radical thinking to capture that generation and keep the WAFL going during the next 10-30 yrs.

Otherwise it will be just a friends and family competition run by friends and family which it really already has become and I reckon most of us on here have done our part for our clubs in some kind of way.

AFL clubs and the AFL aren't worried about the WAFL clubs, they are worried about the next group of draftees coming through. Now they could be recruited from SF, CL or EP OR from Jandakot Jets, Scotch College or Nollamara JFC, they don't really care at all as long as they are somewhere. I can see that happening soon with AFL academies being created in each state, starting at 14 yrs old and being taken from their junior clubs and not even seeing WAFL time at all.

I'm just glad that I got to see WAFL footy in the late 70's and 80's when I was a young tacker and have the stories to tell. Sad part is there aren't too many these days that even want to hear them.
SFFC - WOOF WOOF

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3322

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
If all 200 of us forum members put in $5 per week, we could publish a full page ad in The West every Sat morning promoting the matches. Do we have the organisational skills to do it? It would at least be a start.

Last edit: by La Hincha.

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3340

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

La Hincha wrote: If all 200 of us forum members put in $5 per week, we could publish a full page ad in The West every Sat morning promoting the matches. Do we have the organisational skills to do it? It would at least be a start.

Thats a great idea! I would be into that!
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 326 guests and one member online

• Bulldog1990

Newest Footy Recruits

• Eddieskago
  • chaibrA
  • AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple