The Osborne Park Amateur Football Club (OPAFC) is looking for an experienced and committed League Coach to take the reins for the 2023 season and beyond.
OPAFC is a small, but very proud club that plays within the C4 division of the Perth Football League (PFL) competition. We have high aspirations of progressing up the C grades and steadily increasing our playing numbers and teams fielded to solidify the longevity of our club.
In the 2023 season we are expecting to field a C4 League and C4 Reserves team in the Perth Football League men’s competition.
At OPAFC we pride ourselves in our off-field contribution to the local community, including our annual Beyond Blue fundraiser where we have raised nearly $100,000 since its inception.
As the Senior League Coach, you will be required to demonstrate:
• The ability to create and maintain relationships with a broad range of players across both the league and reserves, as well as other stakeholders including the reserves coach and the OPAFC committee.
• Strong leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
• The ability to make strategic on field decisions at a moment’s notice.
• The ability to implement a strategic game plan/s as well as a well-rounded club game plan that involves players of diverse experience and ability.
• You will need to hold (or be willing to obtain) a Level 1 Senior Coaching Certificate and a Working with Children Clearance.
• Previous experience coaching a league side is essential.
• Bringing players of league quality is ideal but not essential.
• Bringing an Assistant coach is ideal but not essential. OPAFC is well placed financially thanks to years of astute management, for the right candidate we are willing and able to offer a very competitive salary.
Why choose OPAFC?
• New New New!
o New clubrooms – our brand-new clubrooms will be finished before Christmas
o New sponsors – we have already begun locking in new major sponsors
o New jumpers – with new sponsors come new playing jumpers, we will look great as we run out!
• A core league playing group in the prime of their playing years, with an average age of 25 and plenty of potential to climb up the C grades.
• An opportunity to coach a group of great young men and get paid well for doing so.