Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: WAFL Footballers - WA Cricketers

WAFL Footballers - WA Cricketers 1 month 2 weeks ago #186681

  • waflfootyfacts
  • waflfootyfacts's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 814
Tom Mullooly. SD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WAFL Footballers - WA Cricketers 1 month 2 weeks ago #186682

SD - Tom Mullooly.
EP - John Maguire.
Stephan Coniglio would of done both if he was playing in the 60's or 70's of 80's.
Alex Carey played for Gws now Cricket for the Adelaide Strikers.But not a West Aussie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WAFL Footballers - WA Cricketers 1 month 2 weeks ago #186683

  • Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7800

ArkRoyal wrote: BH -- good topic: Bruce Duperiziel. Can you pick a side in position, Bease? The forward line would have some ability, looking quickly through those names.

Cheers AR.
Yes I will attempt to name both the best of football & cricket side's in position after we have gathered all of those who have played both WAFL (League - TRSM) & for WA in first class cricket.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

WAFL Footballers - WA Cricketers 1 month 2 weeks ago #186684

  • Custodian
  • Custodian's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 793
Graeme Watson played for Australia, WA , Victoria and Melbourne Demons

Max Walker played for Australia, Victoria and Melbourne Demons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WAFL Footballers - WA Cricketers 1 month 2 weeks ago #186685

  • Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7800

Custodian wrote: Graeme Watson played for Australia, WA , Victoria and Melbourne Demons

Max Walker played for Australia, Victoria and Melbourne Demons

Yes as did Keith Miller, Laurie Nash, John Scholes, Peter Bedford, Doug Gott, Geoff Parker, Robert Rose, Les Stillman, Simon O'Donnell, Jamie Siddons, Craig Bradley, Nick Jewell etc all played cricket for VIC & VFL footy.
Harry Frei played for QLD & Footscray.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

WAFL Footballers - WA Cricketers 1 month 2 weeks ago #186687

  • Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7800

gtrxuone wrote: SD - Tom Mullooly.
EP - John Maguire.
Stephan Coniglio would of done both if he was playing in the 60's or 70's of 80's.
Alex Carey played for Gws now Cricket for the Adelaide Strikers.But not a West Aussie


GTR John McGuire was probably the most unluckiest cricketer in WA history to have never played for WA. He scored well over 10,000+ runs in WACA 1st Grade Cricket. He did tour England with in an Australian Indigenous XI side.

Stewart Walters played League footy for SD & County Cricket for Glamorgan & Surrey but never played for WA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

WAFL Footballers - WA Cricketers 1 month 2 weeks ago #186688

Beasley Hutton wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: SD - Tom Mullooly.
EP - John Maguire.
Stephan Coniglio would of done both if he was playing in the 60's or 70's of 80's.
Alex Carey played for Gws now Cricket for the Adelaide Strikers.But not a West Aussie


GTR John McGuire was probably the most unluckiest cricketer in WA history to have never played for WA. He scored well over 10,000+ runs in WACA 1st Grade Cricket. He did tour England with in an Australian Indigenous XI side.

Stewart Walters played League footy for SD & County Cricket for Glamorgan & Surrey but never played for WA.

BH was John Maguire 12 man a number of times for Wa.Was John a medium pace seamer allrounder.. Remember the first of the waflvideoarchives 1978 GF.He was sensational in that first half.And Armstrong had to move one of his best runners on him in the second half,Hill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WAFL Footballers - WA Cricketers 1 month 2 weeks ago #186689

  • Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7800

gtrxuone wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: SD - Tom Mullooly.
EP - John Maguire.
Stephan Coniglio would of done both if he was playing in the 60's or 70's of 80's.
Alex Carey played for Gws now Cricket for the Adelaide Strikers.But not a West Aussie


GTR John McGuire was probably the most unluckiest cricketer in WA history to have never played for WA. He scored well over 10,000+ runs in WACA 1st Grade Cricket. He did tour England with in an Australian Indigenous XI side.

Stewart Walters played League footy for SD & County Cricket for Glamorgan & Surrey but never played for WA.

BH was John Maguire 12 man a number of times for Wa.Was John a medium pace seamer allrounder.. Remember the first of the waflvideoarchives 1978 GF.He was sensational in that first half.And Armstrong had to move one of his best runners on him in the second half,Hill.


Not sure mate he could have been 12th man a few times?
TBH I cant believe he didnt play even 1 game for WA with his great record at Mt Lawley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WAFL Footballers - WA Cricketers 1 month 2 weeks ago #186690

  • Dazzler
  • Dazzler's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 978
Absolute legend John McGuire both on the cricket pitch and footy field. Definitely could have played Shield cricket though some say he had some flaws. I see his picture on the wall at Mt Lawley and wonder what could have been for him.

Sad that he asked for his name to be removed from U15s comp mid way through last season. Would love to see him down at Mt Lawley again where he's one of the greatest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dazzler.

WAFL Footballers - WA Cricketers 1 month 2 weeks ago #186694

  • ArkRoyal
  • Away
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4174
BH -- thanks
All-- great posts: They don't have any excuse when it comes to John Mcguire; in the early 1980s, his contemporary at Mt lawley, Malcolm Wolf, played one Shield game when the test players were away.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 897 guests and 3 members online

  • ArkRoyal
  • Shark Tragic
  • TheRock

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Spyboy
  • Dropping Bombs
  • MaccaAlan
  • Longmore
  • Marley