Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ben Cousins

Ben Cousins 2 months 1 week ago #185879

  • Senior Seagull
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3005
I watched his recent doco and got the strong impression he feels very hard done by. I'm not sure how many chances he thinks he deserves but it seems he feels above it all.

He bemoans the way his ex has reacted but when Benny doesn't get his way he gets aggressive and violent or threatens violence, hence the restraining orders. He has had plenty of family help in the beginning but he has burned that now by not following through with any of his promises to clean up. A real shame, he now seems to be a complete lost cause, so maybe we and the media need to move on, the only person that will get Ben back on track and back in the real world is Ben.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ben Cousins 2 months 1 week ago #185884

BC wrote: Why is this still making headlines?


Because he’s the only drug addict in Australia. :pinch: :angry: The press in WA just doesn’t know how to move on in time. I don’t believe anyone is interested now.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ben Cousins 2 months 1 week ago #185891

jackspratt wrote:

Southerner wrote: This brain dead , ignorant & deliberate FLOG needs to be jailed for 5 to 10 years like every ordinary citizen who does these sorts of crimes


Like who?


He was caught down in Esperance ( when he was supposed to be in Rehab) with a very significant quantity of drugs (Sell and Supply quantity) stashed up his ring - that would of normally attracted a lengthy prison sentence, he was given a huge break with that alone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ben Cousins 2 months 1 week ago #185893

  • jackspratt
  • jackspratt's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1147
I reckon they got it about right - don't you?

No previous drug convictions, minor quantity (4.5g meth, about a teaspoon) etc etc.

Certainly nothing like 5 years worth.

www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa/ben-cousins-...cfed3372a8d508d20136

Not to say he isn't an idiot, but also to recognise he is an addict.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ben Cousins 2 months 1 week ago #185895

I wish channel eagle would recognise the fact that he's an addict and leave him alone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ben Cousins 2 months 1 week ago #185897

  • Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7800

BC wrote: I wish channel eagle would recognise the fact that he's an addict and leave him alone.

Basil is probably sniffing another updated paid 'exclusive' as we speak unfortunately BC! :sick:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Ben Cousins 2 months 1 week ago #185898

  • Roman
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 775

Beasley Hutton wrote:

BC wrote: I wish channel eagle would recognise the fact that he's an addict and leave him alone.

Basil is probably sniffing another updated paid 'exclusive' unfortunately BC! :sick:


He said that Benny's money from the interview went to his lawyers trust fund and not to him. Please??? And then his ex comes out and wanted half.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ben Cousins 2 months 1 week ago #185899

Roman wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

BC wrote: I wish channel eagle would recognise the fact that he's an addict and leave him alone.

Basil is probably sniffing another updated paid 'exclusive' unfortunately BC! :sick:


He said that Benny's money from the interview went to his lawyers trust fund and not to him. Please??? And then his ex comes out and wanted half.


What that actually means, is it went to pay his lawyers bills.

A trust fund is what clients pay into for their lawyers fees.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ben Cousins 2 months 1 week ago #185900

jackspratt wrote: I reckon they got it about right - don't you?

No previous drug convictions, minor quantity (4.5g meth, about a teaspoon) etc etc.

Certainly nothing like 5 years worth.

www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa/ben-cousins-...cfed3372a8d508d20136

Not to say he isn't an idiot, but also to recognise he is an addict.


You only need 2 Grams to be charged with possession with intent to sell and supply and you only need 4 grams to be sent up to the District Court on indictment , which carries a penalty of 5 years. So he was well and truly in the range. he's had more than a few favours along the way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ben Cousins 2 months 1 week ago #185901

  • jackspratt
  • jackspratt's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1147
Get serious Bazz.

I'll take your word that 5 years is the max, but you know, and I know, he would not have got anything like that for a first offence and minor quantity, even if it had mysteriously got through the DPP guidelines and on to the District Court.

So let's get back to Southerners original statement:

...... needs to be jailed for 5 to 10 years like every ordinary citizen who does these sorts of crimes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jackspratt.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 974 guests and 2 members online

  • Shark Tragic
  • TheRock

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Spyboy
  • Dropping Bombs
  • MaccaAlan
  • Longmore
  • Marley