Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: George Hampson Sacked

George Hampson Sacked 10 months 3 weeks ago #161839

  • Ti Em
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 543
  • Thank you received: 129

Swandog wrote:

strono wrote: 2 sides to very story it would seem
www.sportfm.com.au/20181219_bill_monaghan.mp3

Bill contradicts himself massively in the inteview saying he said the players were not doing 100% of what they could re injury managment and preparation yet he arseholes your F & B who strung together more games than he has for several years and played state footy because he was diligent in his injury/recovery managment. Makes little sense. Good on George he is the one who has to live with his body in latter years not Bill or any other coach. If Swans can achieve the same outcomes as he did at EF last year with that kind of managment then kudos to us


I see your point and actually thought exactly the same thing. Little bit (or maybe much) more to this than what is being let on. Anyway George has been shown the door and rest of the playing group that no one is bigger than the club.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

George Hampson Sacked 10 months 3 weeks ago #161840

  • Freezin
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6646
  • Thank you received: 638
Didn't realize Bill outlined that was the reason for Hampson getting the flick in that interview?.......actually did Bill even air the reason for the club's decision re Hampson in that interview....besides to those folk who actually needed to know?.... but interesting as you say SwanDog, the most games the fella plays in a few years, he still gets the flick despite winning the F&B....perhaps suggesting other attitude reasons besides Hampsons obvious lack of injury management diligence for the club's decision?....being a plonker perhaps? ....who knows come end of the day, anyway it's a done decision......

but hey George and Josh are in a safe place now...... SD are well versed in successfully rehabilitating folk with "troubled plonker souls" within the WAFL, esp after their "hang their hat on" success in turning around Walter's footy fortunes.....can think of a few others who have been through the "program", but don't want to upset BH naming them, in case I get the names muddled up, can't handle the bold highlights and exclamation marks TBH.......good luck to both George and Josh in their future footy success....no prayers for ex players ripping hammys off the bone from this footy fan.....eh SwanDog?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Freezin.

George Hampson Sacked 10 months 3 weeks ago #161843

  • KCEF
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 541
  • Thank you received: 54
It's pretty clear George isn't telling the full story in his interview. You don't get turfed at 2 clubs by the playing group by being a good citizen. Those that have been around the place don't have many nice things to say about George- little respect for others and only cares about himself. Bit like he plays.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

George Hampson Sacked 10 months 3 weeks ago #161847

  • 58shark
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3409
  • Thank you received: 345
Thanks for that snippet kcef, that has given me an insight as to what really happened.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

George Hampson Sacked 10 months 3 weeks ago #161849

  • ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 859
  • Thank you received: 203

KCEF wrote: It's pretty clear George isn't telling the full story in his interview. You don't get turfed at 2 clubs by the playing group by being a good citizen. Those that have been around the place don't have many nice things to say about George- little respect for others and only cares about himself. Bit like he plays.


That's true, did anyone actually expect Hampson's version to be the same as Monaghan or that Hampson may put his hand up to any failings.
The views from Subi posters are striking, along with the fact that Perth weren't interested either and they are in as much need for talent as East Fremantle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

George Hampson Sacked 10 months 3 weeks ago #161851

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar
  • Away
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5092
  • Thank you received: 1322
I agree that Swans are taking a risk with Hampson given his history. It will be up to the coaching staff to keep him in line if he doesn't follow the team protocols. However given his obvious talent I am happy to give him a chance to show what he can do for the team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

George Hampson Sacked 10 months 3 weeks ago #161856

  • Freezin
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6646
  • Thank you received: 638
Hasn't Hampson been offered a development coaching role at SD?....interesting...considering the stories I have heard...LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Freezin.

George Hampson Sacked 10 months 3 weeks ago #161878

  • ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 859
  • Thank you received: 203
Maybe he is in charge of managing recovery sessions - what with his knowledge and expertise in that area and a capacity to articulate that to others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

George Hampson Sacked 10 months 3 weeks ago #161887

  • Leedy
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2077
  • Thank you received: 143

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote:

KCEF wrote: It's pretty clear George isn't telling the full story in his interview. You don't get turfed at 2 clubs by the playing group by being a good citizen. Those that have been around the place don't have many nice things to say about George- little respect for others and only cares about himself. Bit like he plays.


That's true, did anyone actually expect Hampson's version to be the same as Monaghan or that Hampson may put his hand up to any failings.
The views from Subi posters are striking, along with the fact that Perth weren't interested either and they are in as much need for talent as East Fremantle.


From a reliable source and Freeze already made a brief point on it, Hampson told Monaghan that he will do his own preseason and join the main club sessions in February due to his "knowing his own body". The seed for this was planted right from the outset when Monaghan rang Hampson on a number of occasions when he first took over the role and he never called back for days and then just sent a text saying to send his contract through to him and he will make a decision on what he does from that. This in a nut shell explains his character when $$$ will dictate before meeting the coach and listening to the new direction.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Leedy.

George Hampson Sacked 10 months 3 weeks ago #161889

  • Freezin
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6646
  • Thank you received: 638
Leedy I heard similar.....anyway water under the bridge....If the SD fans are happy for George to construct his own preseason and can back it up with some good footy, then so be it....can understand their short term logic.....Bill hopefully in for the long haul thus George had to go

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Custodian

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 564 guests and 4 members online

  • Demons Forever
  • mikeh
  • Mr AFL
  • TheRock

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Truimo
  • Carroll
  • Austom
  • maaaaaate
  • cloudy