Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WAFL Wrap-Up - Round 1 10 years 1 month ago #37500

• Mr AFL
  • Mr AFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
I have been critical over the last couple of months about the lack of coverage/promotion given to the WAFL by the Football Commission.

Well hats off to WAFL Manager Cameron Knapton who has done a WAFL Wrap-up - Round 1 video on youtube. Here's the link

This is a good initiative and a step in the right direction. Lets hope that these videos continue and that other ways of promotion can be added. The more you promote and keep the public updated with what's happening in the WAFL the more likely I believe we will see people come back to the odd game or two.

Promotion though just can't be left up to the WAFC and clubs need to think of ways to promote their own games and events around the club. Hats off to West Perth who also have Falcon TV. Again it's a small step in the right direction.

Bring on round 2 :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WAFL Wrap-Up - Round 1 10 years 1 month ago #37512

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1163
This bloke any relation to Graham Knapton a trainer at EFFC?

also probablybest if he avoided striped shirts, they stuff up the vision.

good vid thou!

WAFL Wrap-Up - Round 1 10 years 1 month ago #37518

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I wouldn't know Bazza. It is Perth though so highly possible. Looking back, yes the stripped shirt does make you trip out a bit.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

WAFL Wrap-Up - Round 1 10 years 1 month ago #37520

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
re comment above: Well hats off to WAFL Manager Cameron Knapton who has done a WAFL Wrap-up - Round 1 video on youtube.
This is a good initiative and a step in the right direction. Lets hope that these videos continue and that other ways of promotion can be added. The more you promote and keep the public updated with what's happening in the WAFL the more likely I believe we will see people come back to the odd game or two.

Well done there Cameron, a good job with the round one report. Am not here to complain but what a pity one of the tv stations cannot broadcast a similar show. With many more tv stations on air these days, there is a lot of crappy rubbish being broadcast especially in the evenings. Why can't a short Wafl show be shown after each round? For example on a Tuesday night with a time slot somewhere between 730 & 930 for a quarter hour show? I would be happy for Cameron to host the show.
And it's very likely more people will become interested in the wafl again.
Hoping Cameron keeps doing the videos and will be watching them.

WAFL Wrap-Up - Round 1 10 years 1 month ago #37523

• jardine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
without being the doomsdayer and I commend Cameron for making an effort, but it just looks & sounds like its done in a blokes shed somewhere.

I get on the Sanfl site occasionally, and it makes ours look pathetic. I probably harp on about the croweaters a lot, but when they do it, it looks professional and feels like they are doing it because Sanfl means something to them. I don't feel an ounce of anything from what we put up. Get on the SANFL homepage & have a look.

If what Cameron & the WAFL have put up here is an attempt at gaining an audience or promotion, we are slow learners. And I think we are slow learners speaking realistically for a moment. They killed the comp with the alignment back door job, then put up this thing with what I see as an half-arsed attempt at a so called promotion. It just looks cheap and probably sums up their newly formed product. I don't buy any of it. Im sorry.

WAFL Wrap-Up - Round 1 10 years 1 month ago #37537

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Jardine it is a step in the right direction. I two have a look every now and then at the SANFL website and they do a terrific job and this is something we need to strive to achieve or maybe even better it in time.

It's just a camera with the WAFL background and him speaking. In saying that all the preseason videos of the SANFL clubs were down with just a camera on a tripod.

With regards to a short mid week show on the WAFL I can only see this happening on the ABC for it to get some exposure. ABC 2 could have it on every Wednesday night and it only needs to run for 25 minutes. Most sides have squad lists of about 30 by this stage of the week and I'm sure all clubs would co-operate if it's for more promotion of the game. You could review, preview, update on top disposals, goal kickers, give a quick update on reserves and colts even have a quest presenter on each week. Or heaven forbid ABC had a Player of the Year.

Being the ABC I see either one of Clint WHeeldon or Corbin Middlemas (even though he annoys me I can overlook it for the good of the game) being the main host or alternating each week. Ken Judge, past greats that still follow the game, presidents, CEO's or current players could be the special guest each week.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

WAFL Wrap-Up - Round 1 10 years 1 month ago #37558

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Thanks for the input Mr AFL - Good stuff
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

WAFL Wrap-Up - Round 1 10 years 1 month ago #38065

• SAMATT
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

westaussieguy wrote: ...Why can't a short Wafl show be shown after each round?....

This type of show started last week in Adelaide, Sunday after the Footy show, called 'Football SA'. Supposedly talking about SA's afl sides, SANFL and ammo's. From what I've read they spoke about the cows and powder for 28 of the 30 minutes, however, the SANFL's rd 1 is this weekend so we'll see (read) if that improves. The most common complaint I read was "hutchy" ( a Victorian) hosts the show from a Melbourne studio. If he can do that for SA from there, no reason they can't do the same for WA footy.
31/10/2012...The day state footy died.

WAFL Wrap-Up - Round 1 10 years 1 month ago #38119

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Here's the link for episode two. It usually appears on the www.wafl.com.au website. Does anyone know if we are able to watch the SANFL show online?

www.wafootball.com.au/news/3013/video-round-2-wafl-wrap-up

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 449 guests and 3 members online

• Royals78
  • Whitey
  • Demons Forever

Newest Footy Recruits

• EddieAstef
  • Robertseari
  • Lost WAFL