Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

the game against the second most subsidised club in the WAFL 4 years 8 months ago #171112

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Well back to the reality a game against the Edsel from Lane Ford in our Gemini 1600, not the coupe.

One a has a BIG engine and company backed by the power and might of the blue oval with its headquarters on Harvest Terraceand the other was a moderately successful little japanese car that well needed a bit more development.

We have AJ playing after getting a reprimand and his battle with the Jones boy will be worth the admittance, it will be an interesting game if we bring the A game with everyone doing their bit to support the backs, Stan continuing to being a force and of course that ubiquitous DOBBO who fast becoming a cult figure to the loyal royals.

The ressies should return to the winning column but the colts will be up against the ladder leaders. Our colts boys have been showing continual improvement and with that luck we all need in life and games could bring home the choccies.

again thx OeR
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Grump.

the game against the second most subsidised club in the WAFL 4 years 8 months ago #171380

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
4 really good games over Friday and Saturday, only saw 3 tho'

The colts lost in what was described as very good, hard and skilled game. I was told that we had our chances but in the End the peel boys just knew what to do at the right times, Well done to both teams but especially to the EP boys for taking it right upto the ladder toppers.

The futures game was a good game for 16/17 year olds. Some skilled players and some chances for both sides with Peel taking theirs better than we did!

The ressies was a game in two halves although I did suggest that we would come home well and that we did! The third quarter was a 5 to 2 goal performance which put us in with a chance that we took and ran out winners. Jacob Msando must be getting close to a league berth on his recent performances. Arbon, Ameduri, Miller and North showed why they are ready replacements in the league side should we need them. Tom Amos was a dominate force in the ruck and around the ground. Good win boys!

In the league I wanted a win but realistically thought Peelmantle would be too strong but with Ajang dominating the ruck, Hille, Ameduri, Ramsay and Stan Wright taking it upto their opponents with hard football we took control of the game and even tho we failed to score in the last we secured the win.

The fast developing cult figured especially in the PP room but I think in the whole club 'the Dobbo' was once again someone that provides us with a lot of fun and enjoyment as spectators.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

the game against the second most subsidised club in the WAFL 4 years 8 months ago #171384

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Great to see the league and ressies win.i thought we might have blown it after we got two goals ahead.i think a certain backman was releved after a couple of poor efforts resulted in peel goals.good to see redhead out there and kicking the winning goal.i had a quiet confidence we could beat peel when I saw there side.With a rookie ruckman and most of the docklers big guys injured or omn more important duties I thought ajang and the midfield could get it done.I also am enjoying the dobbo show.The players just need to relaise how good he is and get it down to him quickly.he won't get out marked and if it hits the deck he can get the job done.I was frustrated with aspects of the last quarter where we went backwards and sideways rather then forwards.Stan Wright is a great long kick but twice after a mark istead of kicking down the wiwas looking sideaways and backwards and the got called to play on and botched a couple of kicks.i think the players need to play to their strengths.stan's is his long kicking and we need ti isolate dobbo more.

the game against the second most subsidised club in the WAFL 4 years 8 months ago #171385

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

chaddy22 wrote: Great to see the league and ressies win.i thought we might have blown it after we got two goals ahead.i think a certain backman was relieved after a couple of poor efforts resulted in peel goals.good to see redhead out there and kicking the winning goal.i had a quiet confidence we could beat peel when I saw there side.With a rookie ruckman and most of the docklers big guys injured or more important duties I thought ajang and the midfield could get it done.I also am enjoying the dobbo show.The players just need to realise how good he is and get it down to him quickly.He won't get out marked and if it hits the deck he can get the job done.I was frustrated with aspects of the last quarter where we went backwards and sideways rather then forwards.Stan Wright is a great long kick but twice after a mark istead of kicking down the wing was looking sideaways and backwards and the got called to play on and botched a couple of kicks.i think the players need to play to their strengths.stan's is his long kicking and we need to isolate dobbo more.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

'the game against the second most subsidised club in the WAFL 4 years 8 months ago #171392

• royallucky
  • Thank you received: 157
''WOW WEE''this is the second time this year we've beaten a fully aligned club with a dozen AFL listed players with a virtual novice team.Its incredible when you consider we had on average 5 of these AFL listed players in the 2000-2001 INTERSTATE ALIGNMENT which apparently made us premiership juggernaut and wev'e managed to achieved this under BARNEYS ''dubious'' game plan...........AMAZING!!!

the game against the second most subsidised club in the WAFL 4 years 8 months ago #171393

• SD351
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 21
Chaddy22, apart for a few raking up the cheapies across half back and switching for no reason. I thought the boys are starting to play a lot more team oriented and consistent brand of footy.
How’s that # 16 going, towelled up his opponent all day, shows what a footballer can do against athlete rower, with footy smarts, and strength. Cahill, Young and Ameduri doing some good things with their tackle pressure. All in all a bloody good win, great to here the chant from the old faithful has the boys walked off
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump

'the game against the second most subsidised club in the WAFL 4 years 8 months ago #171401

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318

royallucky wrote: ''WOW WEE''this is the second time this year we've beaten a fully aligned club with a dozen AFL listed players with a virtual novice team.Its incredible when you consider we had on average 5 of these AFL listed players in the 2000-2001 INTERSTATE ALIGNMENT which apparently made us premiership juggernaut and wev'e managed to achieved this under BARNEYS ''dubious'' game plan...........AMAZING!!!

Grump, just so we know the rules are we allowed to comment on things that happened in the past on ep thread, like 1972 premiership, how good chaddy and ted were, the alignments (x2) or not?

the game against the second most subsidised club in the WAFL 4 years 8 months ago #171402

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

SD351 wrote: Chaddy22, apart for a few raking up the cheapies across half back and switching for no reason. I thought the boys are starting to play a lot more team oriented and consistent brand of footy.
How’s that # 16 going, towelled up his opponent all day, shows what a footballer can do against athlete rower, with footy smarts, and strength. Cahill, Young and Ameduri doing some good things with their tackle pressure. All in all a bloody good win, great to here the chant from the old faithful has the boys walked off

Ajang,Dobbo and Cahill especially improving the longer the season is going.we came into the season not knowing what our best 22 is and with a lot of injuries we have been able to blood a lot of guys who have played ressies the last couple of years.I know peel had a few injuries but to win without PaddyMcginnitty,Angus Scott,Nathan Blee and not having Callum Hart and Ben Miller missing for most of the year will give us some confidence that we can improve for next year.Hopefully Mitch Fraser comes back bigger and better.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

'the game against the second most subsidised club in the WAFL 4 years 8 months ago #171407

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I have made it clear and even for someone of your ilk it ain't difficult, the thread has a title and the thread and its posting are abt that eg the game on the weekend, end of story. If you want to start a thread that discusses other issues related to the EPFC then start another thread don't hijack the thread with your inane and pointless crap and all will be good! Oh and if you and some of your cohorts don'yt like it tuff and if you still don't like get me replaced as the moderator of the EP thread.

'the game against the second most subsidised club in the WAFL 4 years 8 months ago #171408

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

royallucky wrote: ''WOW WEE''this is the second time this year we've beaten a fully aligned club with a dozen AFL listed players with a virtual novice team.Its incredible when you consider we had on average 5 of these AFL listed players in the 2000-2001 INTERSTATE ALIGNMENT which apparently made us premiership juggernaut and wev'e managed to achieved this under BARNEYS ''dubious'' game plan...........AMAZING!!!

Royallucky we played well but there were at least 4 instances where players chipped sideways in to turnovers and clearly it was bad decision making, some worked out but we were playing a team that is frankly a shadow of their former selves.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 319 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes