Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Hams pulled the pin on WCE 10 years 9 months ago #27411

  • MarkOlsen
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 3131
  • Thank you received: 514
nothing to expand on, top 6 players told to take a haircut or look elsewhere if they want the same money....
and since you know Douglas maybe ask him to clarify our financial situation as despite our expected profit those players have been told that info..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MarkOlsen.

Hams pulled the pin on WCE 10 years 9 months ago #27412

  • swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MarkOlsen wrote: nothing to expand on, top 6 players told to take a haircut or look elsewhere if they want the same money....
and since you know Douglas maybe ask him to clarify our financial situation as despite our expected profit those players have been told that info..


What is the extent of the expected profit? You seem to be privy to far more information than I am MO.

Given we are trying to dig ourselves out of a loss of $900,000 a couple of years ago it would be reasonable to expect that it will take us a considerable number of years to return to a sound financial footing.

I certainly am not in any favoured position with respect to our current situation because I happen to know Paul Douglas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hams pulled the pin on WCE 10 years 9 months ago #27414

  • MarkOlsen
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 3131
  • Thank you received: 514
if you see Paul Douglas on Sunday then you should ask for a rundown on things..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MarkOlsen.

Hams pulled the pin on WCE 10 years 9 months ago #27415

  • swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MarkOlsen wrote: if you see Paul Douglas on Sunday then you should ask for a rundown on things..


Unless he comes to the Belmont Park Tennis Club to vote on Saturday I am not likely to see him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hams pulled the pin on WCE 10 years 9 months ago #27417

  • Freezin
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 9350
  • Thank you received: 930
42 so you do know Mr Douglas!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Freezin.

Hams pulled the pin on WCE 10 years 9 months ago #27420

  • Swandog
  • Swandog's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 3610
  • Thank you received: 386

swan42 wrote:

Swandog wrote: Spoke with a very reliable source last close to a South assistant and I was told Hams pulled the pin as he couldnt stand the thought of playing at East Perth next year and will return to Fremantle oval full-time at this stage


Swandog any chance that he might consider joining his brother at Basso in 2014?

I don't really know Swan, It does seem logical that he would entertain a move to play with Kyle, and he is a regular watching SD when WCE and Sth haven't clashed, plus he and other Swans players get on well, but I don't know about the ins and outs re-finance at SD. Although I do know that a certain ex Champ midfielder is still owed $ from 2 years back which is disappointing. But if his allegiance stays at South then good on him, if he wants to join SD then that's great too. If we were going to target anyone I would think we would be looking at some bigmen to be honest. C.Wilson perhaps?
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hams pulled the pin on WCE 10 years 9 months ago #27425

  • jardine
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 997
  • Thank you received: 0
i hope he stays at Souths. Would be wise to think it through. I think its good to stay a one club player if you can. South has a good culture and history shows they dont stay down for long periods. They showed a bit late in the year so Hams shouldnt just rush a move. He could dominate at wafl level now, and with Saunders in one pocket it could be a dangerous forward line.

Dont forget Cory DelOlio could get delisted from essendon, and end up back at souths too. what a tantalising thought for SFFC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hams pulled the pin on WCE 10 years 9 months ago #27432

  • Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 10979
  • Thank you received: 1170

swan42 wrote:

MarkOlsen wrote: if you see Paul Douglas on Sunday then you should ask for a rundown on things..


Unless he comes to the Belmont Park Tennis Club to vote on Saturday I am not likely to see him.



You voting for Clive Palmer swan??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hams pulled the pin on WCE 10 years 9 months ago #27433

  • Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 10979
  • Thank you received: 1170

jardine wrote: i hope he stays at Souths. Would be wise to think it through. I think its good to stay a one club player if you can. South has a good culture and history shows they dont stay down for long periods. They showed a bit late in the year so Hams shouldnt just rush a move. He could dominate at wafl level now, and with Saunders in one pocket it could be a dangerous forward line.

Dont forget Cory DelOlio could get delisted from essendon, and end up back at souths too. what a tantalising thought for SFFC.


Sounding better and better mate...

Lets hope on top of that the minor grades produce and flag or 2!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bazza.

Hams pulled the pin on WCE 10 years 9 months ago #27496

  • Bulldog82
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 30
  • Thank you received: 0
It will be good if Hamsy stays at Souths & they can lure Callum Wilson & Dell'Olio if he gets axed from the bombers. How good will it be if the saints show some balls and delist Clint Jones after he set the dwarf on fire??? Have all 4 of those blokes playing for South Freo & top 4 could be a strong possibility in 2014.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Southerner

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 423 guests and 3 members online

  • TheRock
  • Demons Forever
  • Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Marianokig
  • ReneeTrock
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020