Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

AFL Trade Talk 6 years 5 months ago #138556

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
Not to forget Brandon Starcevich taken at Pick 18 by Brisbane, Mike. Of course, Uncle Craig is coach of the Lions' AFLW team, so young Brandon will at least have family in Queensland. Well done to all those young blokes - WA or otherwise - who were drafted and fingers crossed in the rookie draft for those who missed out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AFL Trade Talk 6 years 5 months ago #138557

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Thanks ADGM. I overlooked Brandon so well done to him as well. Welcome to Ozfooty as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archie Duda Goal Machine

AFL Trade Talk 6 years 5 months ago #138559

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Thanks, Mike, a long-time reader who's finally galvanised himself into action.
I've enjoyed your insights into the WAFL.

AFL Trade Talk 6 years 5 months ago #138563

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
With Sandilands on his last legs and I think only Darcy as the only other genuine ruckman (I think?) I'm not surprised by the purple drafting big Scott Jones Anchor.
Tim Kelly could thrive at the cats I reckon, he could become a better footballer than Menegola this bloke.
Funny to see the Eagles draft Ryan with such an early pick they or any other club could have selected him with their last pick or rookie listed him last years draft. Makes you wonder why there was no interest in him last year.
A big bunch of sandgropers drafted, makes you wonder why our system has needed such a big shake up from the afl and the "Boston consulting group"

AFL Trade Talk 6 years 5 months ago #138574

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Archie Duda Goal Machine wrote: Thanks, Mike, a long-time reader who's finally galvanised himself into action.
I've enjoyed your insights into the WAFL.

Cheers. I assume by your moniker that you are an Archie Duda fan. He was an excellent player for the Royals and caused Swans more than their fair share of pain. I remember one day at Bassendean him kicking 9 or 10 goals when East Perth were down to about 16 players but still rolled Swans.

AFL Trade Talk 6 years 5 months ago #138575

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

anchorman wrote: Some interesting selections from both clubs.
A load of WA boys gone, most in later rounds, but well done to all the boys.
One interesting selection from Fremantle is Scott Jones from East Perth.I wonder if the Eagles din't rate him or think they have enough ruckmen.
Also I wonder if the Eagles hadn't selected Hamish Brayshaw, would the Dockers have selected him!!
I am pleased to see Tim Kelly get a berth at Geelong.I think he will be a good fit there.
And welcome AD.

AM, Geelong have a very potent midfield which has also had one G Ablett added to it so I am wondering if Tim will get a look in to be honest. A developing club like Carlton may have been better for him opportunity wise.I hope I am wrong though.

AFL Trade Talk 6 years 5 months ago #138584

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
The blue and black No.8 would definitely be one of my five favourite Royals, Mike.
I had a quick look at the WAFL Footy Facts website and I reckon that would've been Round 17, 1977.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeh

AFL Trade Talk 6 years 5 months ago #138586

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
I can't work out the Eagles. They would already have the best depth of key position players in the league and they stack their picks with key positions. They would have one of the worst and slowest midfields in the comp. What did they select to improve in that area?
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

AFL Trade Talk 6 years 5 months ago #138587

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358

Archie Duda Goal Machine wrote: The blue and black No.8 would definitely be one of my five favourite Royals, Mike.
I had a quick look at the WAFL Footy Facts website and I reckon that would've been Round 17, 1977.

Welcome Archie. How did the chant go from the ferals at Perth Oval?

Archie Duda is his name...... Duda.. Duda........ Archie Duda is his name Oh Duda Dey!
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

AFL Trade Talk 6 years 5 months ago #138595

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

DD wrote: I can't work out the Eagles. They would already have the best depth of key position players in the league and they stack their picks with key positions. They would have one of the worst and slowest midfields in the comp. What did they select to improve in that area?

If the Eagles had a pick or two in the top 10 they would have selected midfielders,that's where the gun midfielders are.
By pick 13 there aren't many if any pacy gun inside mids left
I don't mind the pick of Brander along with Waterman they could be the future forward line.
Oscar Allen at this level will not be a Kpp,i think they will have him half forward/half back and maybe a run in the midfield.

They have potentially 4 new mids in Ah Chee,Brayshaw,Ainsworth and Venables(fit could debut in 2018).

They also now have 3 genuine crumbing forwards.

All in all I'm pretty pleased with the picks they had at what they got.
The proof on how good or poorly they drafted will be in the next 2 or 3 years.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 304 guests and one member online

• Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL