Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

AFL Trade Talk 6 years 4 months ago #138603

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

DD wrote:

Archie Duda Goal Machine wrote: The blue and black No.8 would definitely be one of my five favourite Royals, Mike.
I had a quick look at the WAFL Footy Facts website and I reckon that would've been Round 17, 1977.

Welcome Archie. How did the chant go from the ferals at Perth Oval?

Archie Duda is his name...... Duda.. Duda........ Archie Duda is his name Oh Duda Dey!

I remember John K Watts used to call him zippety Duda....pretty funny old Wattsy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AFL Trade Talk 6 years 4 months ago #138604

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

anchorman wrote: I hope you are wrong about Kelly at Geelong Mike.I think he will fit in nicely.I don't just see him as an onballer. I can see him fitting nicely in the forward line somewhere.He is a very talented player.

I agree with Mike...as an outside mid I think he'll struggle to get a gig along with Selwood x 2, Danger, Mitch Duncan, Menegola, Blicavs....

AFL Trade Talk 6 years 4 months ago #138606

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
Thanks, DD, pretty sure that's how the Duda chant went.
I only realised in recent years that Archie's actual first name was Arthur.
Of course, he ended up at Lathlain Park via Subi.
Though Archie and fellow prolific goalkicker Murray Couper were vastly different players, they both had short stints at two other clubs after leaving their "spiritual homes".

AFL Trade Talk 6 years 4 months ago #138607

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
Indeed, BC, were he still with us, JKW would add a bit of life into the sometimes "vanilla" analysis of the modern game.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 369 guests and 4 members online

• one time only
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977