Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

McGovern 6 years 2 months ago #141931

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Let’s see what sort of person McGovern is. Offered 4 mil over 5 years at the Eagles, but reportably wants 5 mill from any other takers. I would have thought that 1 mil over 5 years was not a great difference considering all the extra lollies he will get. Is he a loyal person or just another mercenary?
Loyalty plays no part in today’s sports.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

McGovern 6 years 2 months ago #141933

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
He is entitled to test the market.

Having done so, if he still reckons he is worth $1m per season, let him go. Those figures are reserved for match winners ie elite forwards and mids, not defenders.

McGovern 6 years 2 months ago #141972

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

jackspratt wrote: He is entitled to test the market.

Having done so, if he still reckons he is worth $1m per season, let him go. Those figures are reserved for match winners ie elite forwards and mids, not defenders.

He certainly is entitled as is any other footballer. We’ve seen some players shopping around and it becomes an unsightly circus. Being old fashioned when it comes to loyalty, I think if he does a Judd et al, let him go because I think these people are loyal to the money and not to the club.

McGovern 6 years 2 months ago #141981

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
58, do you reckon Judd left for the $$$$ - surely the Eagles would have matched anything Caaaaarlton had offered.

My impression was he left for 2 other reasons ie he was unhappy with the WCE culture, and the fact that Bec was a native of Bleak City.

I could be wrong. :unsure:

McGovern 6 years 2 months ago #141983

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

jackspratt wrote: 58, do you reckon Judd left for the $$$$ - surely the Eagles would have matched anything Caaaaarlton had offered.

My impression was he left for 2 other reasons ie he was unhappy with the WCE culture, and the fact that Bec was a native of Bleak City.

You’re probably right jack, money wouldn’t have been the issue. Becky probably told Judd that “this little gadget is going to Melbourne, so if you want to use it again, you’d better come with me”. Power of the pouch.
I just don’t like the way these public entertainers strut around like royalty simply because two or three clubs are chasing them.
Humble, humility....two words that come to mind.

Last edit: by 58shark.

McGovern 6 years 2 months ago #141994

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

jackspratt wrote: 58, do you reckon Judd left for the $$$$ - surely the Eagles would have matched anything Caaaaarlton had offered.

True, only to add that he is a native of the 'bleak city' also. He wasn't/isn't a West Australian and just because the weagles draft you does not automatically make you so.

McGovern 6 years 2 months ago #141999

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote:

True, only to add that he is a native of the 'bleak city' also. He wasn't/isn't a West Australian and just because the weagles draft you does not automatically make you so.

I think everyone knows he was a Vic. I'm struggling to find in my posts where I said he was a West Aussie. I used his name as an example, maybe I should have picked a player that didn't play for the Eagles :dry:

McGovern 6 years 2 months ago #142177

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230

Ridiculous, are you saying elite defenders aren't match winners? Every bit as valuable as an elite forward in simple footy law
And Judds missus was a Perth chick wasn't she

Last edit: by Tiger of old.

McGovern 6 years 2 months ago #142192

• one time only
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Rebecca Judd (nee Twigley) grew up in Perth after spending her early years in Leeman.

Her sister Kate is married to former East Perth player, Matthew Seal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

McGovern 6 years 2 months ago #142194

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Tiger of old wrote:

Ridiculous, are you saying elite defenders aren't match winners? Every bit as valuable as an elite forward in simple footy law
And Judds missus was a Perth chick wasn't she

Quite right Rebecca is a Perth girl.
From memory she was keen on a Melbourne move to help her modelling and TV aspirations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 506 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020