Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The first WAFL Eagle topic 5 years 4 months ago #161599

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Cheers Spud, no need for clarification.

I have always put West Perth before Subiaco, but Subiaco before the weagles.

You will be a great sight at a weagles reserves away game all decked out in your weagles-West Perth-Subiaco attire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The first WAFL Eagle topic 5 years 4 months ago #161600

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100
Like I said... Never go full retard.

I have followed WP and Subi over the years due to personal associations with both clubs that still exist.

Never go full retard.

The first WAFL Eagle topic 5 years 4 months ago #161601

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
All good Spud, don't get cranky. If you feel the need to vent good old Fremantle is just down the road, you could have a good bleat about them and make yourself feel better.
No point getting repetitive when your angry Spud.

The first WAFL Eagle topic 5 years 4 months ago #161602

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100
So curious... What was the trigger?

Even Aman and DD keep their shit together and we still talk footy.

The first WAFL Eagle topic 5 years 4 months ago #161604

• Tiger Tales
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135
Ooollllrrrrry2 has channeled his inner Sean...time to take your meds

The first WAFL Eagle topic 5 years 4 months ago #161605

• Champ Kinds
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
Never before have I agreed with UHTB but everyone has to admit that the WAFL has not been the news this much for a long time, especially given it is the off season.
Rightly or wrongly this single topic is making the WAFL relevant again. This can only be a good thing for all clubs.
Imagine how much media coverage this will generate on 7 during the season.
I hope this leads to greater gate and bar takings for the homes clubs.

The first WAFL Eagle topic 5 years 4 months ago #161639

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

anchorman wrote:

anchorman wrote:

Grump wrote:

anchorman wrote: I just hope that the person who has the balls to be moderator here gets far more respect than the Peel moderator was given.
I wonder if Eagles topics will get off topic like they did in Peels forum.I hope OFA will keep a close eye on these topics.

The difference is that the Fledglings are putting money into the WAFL whereas the crabs have consistently been like the CFO of Leighton or the non entity that remains unidentified in the news taken buckets loads away from the other clubs.

So the Eagles raved and savaged one of the great club as of the WAFL, are all of a sudden the saviour of the WAFL?

Grump, are you really serious about that statement on the Eagles ressies!!!!
This is the scourge that sent your much loved club into deep deep depression.You can't be serious.As I said they ravaged and savaged your once magnificent club and now you are giving them a bouquet.
Fremantle have been funding the Peel club since moving down there.They are helping the juniors down there as well.
It surprises me you are backing the Eagles in this.

It is the move that should have happened at the outset, yep they did a viking on my club but I see this as a positive move.

They have tried 3 alignments and none have ever really worked for them and definitely not the clubs, in this move they can play their own team, bring some money into the coffers of the clubs they play unless folk decide to boycott the games due to lack of interest or through some misguided attempt to show contempt.

I think it is a way forward.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

The first WAFL Eagle topic 5 years 4 months ago #161662

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256

Champ Kinds wrote: Never before have I agreed with UHTB but everyone has to admit that the WAFL has not been the news this much for a long time, especially given it is the off season.
Rightly or wrongly this single topic is making the WAFL relevant again. This can only be a good thing for all clubs.
Imagine how much media coverage this will generate on 7 during the season.
I hope this leads to greater gate and bar takings for the homes clubs.

You make a good point about there being increased WAFL media coverage for this time of year, Champ Kinds, and hopefully this flows through to the actual season.
I've never been a fan of West Coast and East Perth's time aligned to them has made me dislike the Weagles even more (if that's possible).
However, with five WAFL matches per round instead of four, I'll be interested to see how season 2019 turns out.
Hopefully Eagles supporters make an effort to attend their team's games, spend a few bucks at their opponent's bar and, in doing so, realise what a great comp the WAFL is.
I'll save my judgement on whether West Coast's admission to the WAFL has been a success until after the 2019 season is over.

Last edit: by Archie Duda Goal Machine.

The first WAFL Eagle topic 5 years 3 months ago #161844

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
I come on to Oz footy to read my favourite 3 or 4 sites, so must admit that I have only just this morning, come across the WCE ressies site. Going back through all the pages of posts, I am now convinced that it will be no more that an Eagles bashing sessions, so good luck to the moderator! While I have stated that I am a rabid Sharks member and supporter and have been for over 60 years, I am also a very keen Eagles supporter, so this will become one of my favourite sites as well. I look forward to all the doom and gloom coming from the “Seans” of Oz footy. Time for some people to adjust their calendars from 1980 to 2019.
Bat on unholytugboat “non corundum bastardos”. :lol: :lol: :lol:
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Last edit: by 58shark.

The first WAFL Eagle topic 5 years 3 months ago #161892

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
I am hoping that the new team will give the competition a bit of life and perhaps attract more people to games particularly some people who would normally only go to AFL matches. It also evens up the competition in that everyone plays each other twice and WAFL clubs get an extra home game so a lot of positives here. I think this model is a lot better than the East Perth alignment arrangement we have been enduring for the past 5 years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archie Duda Goal Machine

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 574 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog