Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Sheffield Shield resumes 5 years 3 weeks ago #165280

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
I agree with you, Mike, though it was encouraging the way the Warriors finished off the season given that so many "first team" players were in the Australian ODI squad (and aren't the signs encouraging for the World Cup).
A tremendous debut by Aaron Hardie and it will be interesting to see how his career progresses.
Hardie was one of five English-born players (the others being Charlie Hemphrey, Josh Inglis, Matt Renshaw and Sam Whiteman) to play at the WACA, which you'd think would be a near record for a Shield match.
Trivia aside, I think the Vics should win the Shield final, which I believe will be decided by bonus points in the event of a drawn game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sheffield Shield resumes 5 years 3 weeks ago #165282

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Geez that was a piss poor show by Tasmania....Abbott is average at best and he picks up 7 for fark all.....Copeland is steady at best.....can't see NSW getting close to Vic....especially with the bowling attack the Victorians have....one has to miss out of Boland, Tremain, Siddle and Pattinson I guess....or with Maddinson gone, do they just play all four with Holland and hope the likes of Harris, Dean, Pucovski, Short and Gotch can score enough runs?

Yep frustratingly close for the WA side....I guess with all those guys out in Pakistan, it enabled the likes of Hardie and Guthrie to show their talent....gonna be a tight squeeze at times next season with the likes of NCN, Behrendorf, Stoinis and Richardson back.....also batting wise with Turner and Marsh back.....can see a few sides like SA and Tasmania having a look at a few of those WA players....
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Sheffield Shield resumes 5 years 3 weeks ago #165320

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

Freezin wrote: Geez that was a piss poor show by Tasmania....Abbott is average at best and he picks up 7 for fark all.....Copeland is steady at best.....can't see NSW getting close to Vic....especially with the bowling attack the Victorians have....one has to miss out of Boland, Tremain, Siddle and Pattinson I guess....or with Maddinson gone, do they just play all four with Holland and hope the likes of Harris, Dean, Pucovski, Short and Gotch can score enough runs?

Yep frustratingly close for the WA side....I guess with all those guys out in Pakistan, it enabled the likes of Hardie and Guthrie to show their talent....gonna be a tight squeeze at times next season with the likes of NCN, Behrendorf, Stoinis and Richardson back.....also batting wise with Turner and Marsh back.....can see a few sides like SA and Tasmania having a look at a few of those WA players....

Maybe a tad harsh about Copeland mate, I would take in in my Shield attack currently especially when you have to sit back behind Starc, Cummins and Hazelwood when available for Shield duties and he has taken over 300 Shield wickets.
I'd rate him better than steady, if he is steady then I'm not sure where that places Sam Gannon and Chris Matthews.

Sheffield Shield resumes 5 years 3 weeks ago #165579

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Marcus Harris is making every post a winner in the shield final. He is lock in for one of the openers spots for the ashes tour and has certainly outperformed Bancroft in the latter part of the shield season.

Sheffield Shield resumes 5 years 3 weeks ago #165591

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Can't really see the two mini me's opening v Eng mikeh…..Warner and Harris are two much alike in everything they do...Eng will have 2 gullys and 2 points for both these guys when they bat......Harris definitely deserves a crack tho….going to be some tough decisions being made come selection time that is for sure. Renshaw and Bancroft will definitely good early county form to get a look in.... Renshaw hasn't done anything at all this season, quite disappointing TBH....so he would need to score some big 100's in the first few county games, even then they won't be enough.

Sheffield Shield resumes 5 years 3 weeks ago #165592

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Harris deserves his Ashes spot due to weight of runs in the Sheffield Shield this summer but I reckon he will be a walking wicket for Anderson, Broad & co in the Pommy conditions with the Duke ball.

Sheffield Shield resumes 5 years 3 weeks ago #165613

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
Vics all out for about 290. NSW all out for 121 with six out for 2 or less. Vics batting & 0 / 20
Siddle 5 wickets.. Last session about to start on 2nd day.

Sheffield Shield resumes 5 years 3 weeks ago #165615

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Reckon WA would of given Victoria a better game....121 is a piss poor effort...great to see Pattinson take 3....get him in that Ashes squad

Sheffield Shield resumes 5 years 2 weeks ago #165755

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Surely James Pattinson has to be picked for the ashes tour after his stand out performance in the Sheffield Shield final. His ability to swing the Duke ball would have him in my team for the 1st test TBH. He is also a very good mid to lower order batsman and along with Cummins would provide a lot of depth to the batting line up which you think they will need. Puts the acid on Starc and Hazelwood to fight for their places as well.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 543 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog