Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Test Series V India 5 years 3 months ago #161047

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Australia are really pushing it uphill now. The dismissal of Kohli just before stumps provided a glimmer of hope but to be honest you wouldnt be backing this Aussie line up to score the 166 India are in front at the moment. They are more likely to be chasing 250 plus which is well out of their reach on a wearing pitch against Ashwin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Test Series V India 5 years 3 months ago #161050

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

swan42 wrote:

Leather Stops wrote: Ian Finch is NOT a test opener or player..

Haven't seen Marsh's dismissal. I have seen Finch's dismissal. I think it was the 4th ball of the innings:if that is an appropriate shot when your opposition has only scored 250 all out on (virtually) end of day 1.

Well if you haven't then you should if you want to make a comment on Finch's (as bad as it was) dismissal.

Test Series V India 5 years 3 months ago #161051

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Haven't seen Marsh's dismissal. I have seen Finch's dismissal. I think it was the 4th ball of the innings:if that is an appropriate shot when your opposition has only scored 250 all out on (virtually) end of day 1.

Well if you haven't then you should if you want to make a comment on Finch's (as bad as it was) dismissal.

Firstly, no I don't.

Secondly, no I don't.

Thirdly,no I don't.

I hope you get the message: no I don't.

Test Series V India 5 years 3 months ago #161055

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

gtrxuone wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Maddinson?....surely you jest GTR!

So that's a big no BH.Harris needs an opener that's going to hang around with him.

Maddinson is a big bash player at best GTR. Did you not see his abysmal foray into Test Cricket a couple of Summers back? Scoring a hundred against a dreadful second rate WA side after only getting a call up because half of the Vics side is missing due to test duties is hardly a call for more Test duties imho!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Test Series V India 5 years 3 months ago #161070

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

swan42 wrote:

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Firstly, no I don't.

Secondly, no I don't.

Thirdly,no I don't.

I hope you get the message: no I don't.

Message well received, I'll comment and look at all dismissals other than those woeful and inept ones made by Shaun Marsh.

Jeez, I hope you get my message.

Just for clarity, jeez I hope you get my message.

Test Series V India 5 years 3 months ago #161096

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

Beasley Hutton wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Maddinson?....surely you jest GTR!

So that's a big no BH.Harris needs an opener that's going to hang around with him.

Maddinson is a big bash player at best GTR. Did you not see his abysmal foray into Test Cricket a couple of Summers back? Scoring a hundred against a dreadful second rate WA side after only getting a call up because half of the Vics side is missing due to test duties is hardly a call for more Test duties imho!

BH just heard Maddinson was struck on the arm by one of the Warriers bowlers.Must of been elbow part of his arm.Hes done for a few months.

Test Series V India 5 years 3 months ago #161098

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Agree A/M, we knew our batting was being carried by Smith last summer and the proof is there for all to see in this match. The problem is even if the Australians suffer a heavy defeat in this game,they will probably go into the Perth test with an unchanged XI because there are no batsmen at Shield level belting the door down to come under the consideration of the selection panel. Credit to the Indian bowlers who have completely stifled our batsmen in this match.

Test Series V India 5 years 3 months ago #161105

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
It's true that no batsmen are belting down the door to come under the consideration of the selection panel at a Shield level, that said there are a who haven't belted down the door to get there recently and nor done much to justify their stay.
Be interesting to know, of the current group of Sheffield Shield players how many have played more than 40 first class games and how many have a batting average with a 4 in front of it?

Test Series V India 5 years 3 months ago #161127

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
Finch is not a Test batsman let alone an opener.

Test Series V India 5 years 3 months ago #161129

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
That dismissal of Paine right there sums up the intellect and lack of stickability of the current Aussie batsmen.....seriously, good rear guard innings ended like that....Langer will no doubt say it was Paines inexperience at test level as a captain that resulted in such available shot....absolutely piss poor....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, gtrxuone

Last edit: by Freezin.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 307 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes