Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Trade Talk 5 years 5 months ago #158551

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543

Mr AFL wrote:

BC wrote: I'm not sure it will Freez. Whichever early pick Freo gets for Neale say Brissy's pick 5 would probably be used to get Lobb. I think the swapping of pick 6 with PA's was the move that took Hogan out of the equation as Melbourne were never going to accept pick 11 for him....surely Bell and Rosich must have known that. Were they trying to pull a swifty and get Hogan on the cheap I wonder?

Rory Lobb is not worth a first round draft pick. With the fire sale going on at GWS he's worth a second round at best. Hawthorn look likely to get Tom Scully for a third round pick. Is Lobb better than Scully?

GWS need to get their salary cap down that's why they appear to be happy to let players go for a little less than what they are actually valued.

Freo will probably get Lobb with their pick 11. Scully has some real injury concerns which is why he's going cheap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trade Talk 5 years 5 months ago #158553

• Mr AFL
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
If they give up Lobb for pick 11 then as a supporter of Freo I would not be happy with that. Mostly everyone in the AFL landscape have said he is worth a second rounder.

Trade Talk 5 years 5 months ago #158561

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100

Mr AFL wrote: If they give up Lobb for pick 11 then as a supporter of Freo I would not be happy with that. Mostly everyone in the AFL landscape have said he is worth a second rounder.

Lobbs a great footballer. .. but why the hell would u do a deal for lobb when Hogan is on the
Market and the local netball team understands that a power forward is where it's at.

Mind boggling from Bell, there is being tough at the trade table then there is also being an inexperienced, self promoting flogged. Get a deal done or ........

Trade Talk 5 years 5 months ago #158563

• Mr AFL
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
I’d prefer Hogan over Lobb. There had been talk though that Hogan’s injury isn’t coming along as well as expected. Also his level off commitment has been questioned as well as his professionalism.

Not sure if it’s all smoke and mirrors or there’s more to it. Hogan’s a 50+ goal a year key forward. I still think the deal will get done.

Everyone is blaming Freo for holding up the other trades. If Brisbane get the Neale deal done first then the others can happen.

Trade Talk 5 years 5 months ago #158566

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
The fact that Lobb has nominated Fremantle and they haven't completed that trade yet even after swapping pick 6 and their future second round pick for picks 11, 20, 32 and 49 tells me they are keeping their options open. I have a feeling all the deals will get done, Neale first to Brisbane, either 11 and 20 or pick 5 and 32 to Melbourne for Hogan and one of the second round picks will go to GWS for Lobb. Melbourne will then be able to pick up Steven May.
Get on your bike.

Trade Talk 5 years 5 months ago #158567

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250

DD wrote: The fact that Lobb has nominated Fremantle and they haven't completed that trade yet even after swapping pick 6 and their future second round pick for picks 11, 20, 32 and 49 tells me they are keeping their options open. I have a feeling all the deals will get done, Neale first to Brisbane, either 11 and 20 or pick 5 and 32 to Melbourne for Hogan and one of the second round picks will go to GWS for Lobb. Melbourne will then be able to pick up Steven May.

Pick 20? I thought dockers have pick 23 with West Coast holding 20?. 23 sounds fair for Lobb. GWS have salary cap issues. One player there is due $1.4 million this year and Lobb leaving clears 800K. Pick 11 could secure Hogan. Melbourne do not have a first round pick so may budge, but having said that may happily hold on to Hogan, whom might be quite happy to stay in the big smoke with a team on the rise. Neale who is pissed about supposedly being on a mere 450 K a year wants out and pick 5 in return sounds fair. Use it in the draft as Kelly may be a bridge too far.

Last edit: by Ti Em.

Trade Talk 5 years 5 months ago #158568

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Mr AFL wrote: I’d prefer Hogan over Lobb. There had been talk though that Hogan’s injury isn’t coming along as well as expected. Also his level off commitment has been questioned as well as his professionalism.

Not sure if it’s all smoke and mirrors or there’s more to it. Hogan’s a 50+ goal a year key forward. I still think the deal will get done.

Everyone is blaming Freo for holding up the other trades. If Brisbane get the Neale deal done first then the others can happen.

Neale who original was pick 58 is worth pick 5 this year not two picks.Brisbane doesn't seem to be so stupid as gold coast last year.As for elbourne that pick 5 is worth it for Hogan but not two picks.It isn't Brisbane's fault but as usual freo .

Last edit: by chaddy22.

Trade Talk 5 years 5 months ago #158570

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250

chaddy22 wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: I’d prefer Hogan over Lobb. There had been talk though that Hogan’s injury isn’t coming along as well as expected. Also his level off commitment has been questioned as well as his professionalism.

Neale who original was pick 58 is worth pick 5 this year not two picks.Brisbane doesn't seem to be so stupid as gold coast last year.As for elbourne that pick 5 is worth it for Hogan but not two picks.It isn't Brisbane's fault but as usual freo .

Gold Coast struggle to hold and attract players so have to pay a higher price - not sure it makes them stupid. Dockers probably just want to get the Hogan for pick 11 before they trade Neale and are holding pick 5.

Trade Talk 5 years 5 months ago #158573

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
What does Neale being pick 58 got to do with anything? I guess Freo are only looking out for themselves like what Brisbane and Melbourne are doing......

Last edit: by Freezin.

Trade Talk 5 years 5 months ago #158577

• Cantbuyagoal
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
All 3 players in this deal are worth 2 first round picks, a dual F&B, a 23 year old full forward and one of the most versatile big men in the game (can play fullback or full forward).
This is not a deal with just one club, Freo trying to ensure they get enough out of the trade to be able to satisfy Melbourne who are doing the same to be able to satisfy Gold Coast.
Brisbane trading out pick 24 before getting their priority player in has been what’s held up the deal, because pick 32 is to far from the second first round pick they are all chasing to satisfy everyone wants.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr AFL

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 371 guests and 4 members online

• Mr AFL
  • Success Hill
  • Whinnen
  • Mightymagpie88

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr