Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Is Shorten about to blow it. 5 years 1 month ago #164014

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
there very lucky to have Morrison to prosecute the case on illegal immigration, which of course, was why i supported the move against his lordship. Lord Malcolm would have stood there apping government policy, but deep down sympathising with Shorten's policy. Those people whom are in the liberal party or vote liberal need to realise that Turnbull lost the government 1 million votes at the last election. If they pull this election out of fire it will be because of the following:

Tony Abbott
Dutton
Morrison
Corrmann
Bolte

and of course, William Shorten.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

Is Shorten about to blow it. 5 years 1 month ago #164019

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
AR...if the Libs had gone to the 2016 election with Abbott as PM they would have lost a hell of a lot more than 1 million votes...they would have lost government according to the polls back then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Is Shorten about to blow it. 5 years 1 month ago #164021

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
BC I remember at the time the media was saying Turnbull should go straight to an election after dumping Tony Abbott while his approval rating was sky high and no one had a chance to see how he performs as PM. He chose not to and stumbled and mumbled his way to the election at the end of term and nearly lost the unlosable election. The bloke was an abject failure and I believe we've now got the right bloke as PM, while not the ideal way to go about it but is there ever a smooth transition when it comes to change of leaders?

Even our longest serving and most successful Prime Ministers in the last 30 or so years have been reluctant to hand over power. Hawky had to be pushed and lost a party room ballot to Keating in the face of the so called Kirrabilly agreement, and Howard refused to pass the batton to Costello and got his arse kicked by Kevin 07.
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Is Shorten about to blow it. 5 years 1 month ago #164024

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
BC -- I hear/read what your saying about the Abbot government. He went wrong when he tried to impose what the country regarded as a harsh budget even though he had promissed not to do so before the election. From that position, as you know, he was always going to find it difficult to win. He had lord turnbull on his flank never mind bill to his front.

Is Shorten about to blow it. 5 years 1 month ago #164026

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

ArkRoyal wrote: there very lucky to have Morrison to prosecute the case on illegal immigration, which of course, was why i supported the move against his lordship. Lord Malcolm would have stood there apping government policy, but deep down sympathising with Shorten's policy. Those people whom are in the liberal party or vote liberal need to realise that Turnbull lost the government 1 million votes at the last election. If they pull this election out of fire it will be because of the following:

Tony Abbott
Dutton
Morrison
Corrmann
Bolte

They would of lost 2 Million with Abbott in charge and been in opposition for the last 3 years. Don't kid yourself, his polling was horrendous.

The last election was heavily impacted by Mediscare which the public bought,

Is Shorten about to blow it. 5 years 1 month ago #164027

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

DD wrote: BC I remember at the time the media was saying Turnbull should go straight to an election after dumping Tony Abbott while his approval rating was sky high and no one had a chance to see how he performs as PM. He chose not to and stumbled and mumbled his way to the election at the end of term and nearly lost the unlosable election. The bloke was an abject failure and I believe we've now got the right bloke as PM, while not the ideal way to go about it but is there ever a smooth transition when it comes to change of leaders?

Even our longest serving and most successful Prime Ministers in the last 30 or so years have been reluctant to hand over power. Hawky had to be pushed and lost a party room ballot to Keating in the face of the so called Kirrabilly agreement, and Howard refused to pass the batton to Costello and got his arse kicked by Kevin 07.

Smooth transition, well yes there is , Morrision is the FIRST ever change of PM to go backwards in the polls on taking over, its supposed to give you a sugar hit not a shit hit.

The Libs 2 PP isn't even back to were it was the night before MT was axed. In other words so far all that's happened is SCMO is slowly dragging the 2PP back to what MT had, and that's only based on 1 poll IPSOS which is pretty crap TBH, ( they also had the greens at 13% !!!) so don't get too excited just yet.

Is Shorten about to blow it. 5 years 1 month ago #164028

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

Bazza wrote:

ArkRoyal wrote: there very lucky to have Morrison to prosecute the case on illegal immigration, which of course, was why i supported the move against his lordship. Lord Malcolm would have stood there apping government policy, but deep down sympathising with Shorten's policy. Those people whom are in the liberal party or vote liberal need to realise that Turnbull lost the government 1 million votes at the last election. If they pull this election out of fire it will be because of the following:

Tony Abbott
Dutton
Morrison
Corrmann
Bolte

They would of lost 2 Million with Abbott in charge and been in opposition for the last 3 years. Don't kid yourself, his polling was horrendous.

The last election was heavily impacted by Mediscare which the public bought,

...funny how labor is crying about the Libs and their scare campaign about the boats, but not one journo mentions the mediscare campaign!!

Is Shorten about to blow it. 5 years 1 month ago #164029

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ArkRoyal wrote: BC -- I hear/read what your saying about the Abbot government. He went wrong when he tried to impose what the country regarded as a harsh budget even though he had promissed not to do so before the election. From that position, as you know, he was always going to find it difficult to win. He had lord turnbull on his flank never mind bill to his front.

The first budget was an unmitigated disaster, the problem with Abbott he just didn't have the public persona or interpersonal skills to sell cold beer at a footy match, Hockey proved to be a dud as well, then he failed to consult his cabinet, he was warned to change his ways, given another chance promised to change and then 6 months later came the Prince Phillip Knighthood, no cabinet approval or discussion - a nutty pointless political suicide note which was exactly the type of thing he had been warmed not to do. Tone deaf Tony.

Is Shorten about to blow it. 5 years 1 month ago #164030

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351

Bazza wrote:

DD wrote: BC I remember at the time the media was saying Turnbull should go straight to an election after dumping Tony Abbott while his approval rating was sky high and no one had a chance to see how he performs as PM. He chose not to and stumbled and mumbled his way to the election at the end of term and nearly lost the unlosable election. The bloke was an abject failure and I believe we've now got the right bloke as PM, while not the ideal way to go about it but is there ever a smooth transition when it comes to change of leaders?

Smooth transition, well yes there is , Morrision is the FIRST ever change of PM to go backwards in the polls on taking over, its supposed to give you a sugar hit not a shit hit.

The Libs 2 PP isn't even back to were it was the night before MT was axed. In other words so far all that's happened is SCMO is slowly dragging the 2PP back to what MT had, and that's only based on 1 poll IPSOS which is pretty crap TBH, ( they also had the greens at 13% !!!) so don't get too excited just yet.

Are you calling Turnbull to Morrison a smooth transition? Surely not Baz? That was as ugly and clumsy as it gets and the reason they didnt get the "sugar hit" in the polls was Turnbull wasn't removed for falling public opinion rather disunity within his own party that was dissatisfied with his leadership or lack thereof.

So in short, the public was not happy with the PM being shown the door by his own party, hence the voter backlash in the polls. Morrison is still preferred PM by quite some margin and I believe at the end of the day people will vote for whoever they think they can trust, and I think that's where Shorten and Labor will lose the election. And I bloody hope so.
Get on your bike.

Is Shorten about to blow it. 5 years 1 month ago #164038

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
No mate, I'm saying the exact opposite it was the worst ever. Turnbull polled better and was Preferred PM.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 389 guests and 3 members online

• Shark Tragic
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes