Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160589

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

jackspratt wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:
But already knew the Sir status was not something you got out of a Wheeties box .lol.

But you can get it gifted from a completely empty vessel.

ARISE.............. Sir Prince Philip. :whistle:

Good point..Maby QEII put it in his Wheetie box.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160597

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Kroger resigned.

Hawthorn looks like being won by Labor for the first time since the 1950s I believe.

Latest poll for NSW Labor 51 Coalition 49 - a remarkable poll given Labor's drama with their former leader recently.

Latest odds for Labor to win Federal election $1.18

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160601

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

swan42 wrote: Kroger resigned.

Hawthorn looks like being won by Labor for the first time since the 1950s I believe.

Latest poll for NSW Labor 51 Coalition 49 - a remarkable poll given Labor's drama with their former leader recently.

As the PM says, you lot are very cocky and happy with yourselves over there aren't you? 6 months out from the election and you are acting very smug like you've got it in the bag. Voters decide who wins elections not polls.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Last edit: by DD.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160606

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

DD wrote:

As the PM says, you lot are very cocky and happy with yourselves over there aren't you? 6 months out from the election and you are acting very smug like you've got it in the bag. Voters decide who wins elections not polls.

By cocky do you mean continuing to announce policies on a regular basis?

By the way DD would that be the same person who described his party as the Muppet show?

Would that be the leader of the party that Julia Banks resigned from?

Would that be the leader of the party Kelly O'Dwyer described as and I quote ""homophobic, anti-women, climate-change deniers"?

Also, DD I am domiciled in WA so I am not quite sure who you mean when you refer to "over there".

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160608

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

DD wrote:

By the way DD would that be the same person who described his party as the Muppet show?

Would that be the leader of the party Kelly O'Dwyer described as and I quote ""homophobic, anti-women, climate-change deniers"?

Also, DD I am domiciled in WA so I am not quite sure who you mean when you refer to "over there".

You know exactly what those "over there" or "those opposite" means no need to play dumb here. Which policies would those be Swannie?

Taxing franking credits that are already taxed from self funded retirees?

Reinstating full penalty rates that will result in more businesses closing their doors?

Targeting 45% emissions reduction that will result in further increases to energy charges that are already resulting in extreme hardship for thousands of vulnerable Australians?

Let me know when Labor comes up with something that will actually result in a buoyant economy which will see retailers profiting resulting in jobs creation and lowering the unemployment rate and delivering surpluses.

Let me know also what your policies are to protect our boarders from illegal immigrants and what your party will do to strengthen our defence forces as the rise up of China continues to march on.
Get on your bike.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160614

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

DD wrote:

swan42 wrote:

DD wrote:

You know exactly what those "over there" or "those opposite" means no need to play dumb here. Which policies would those be Swannie?

Reinstating full penalty rates that will result in more businesses closing their doors?

Targeting 45% emissions reduction that will result in further increases to energy charges that are already resulting in extreme hardship for thousands of vulnerable Australians?

Let me know when Labor comes up with something that will actually result in a buoyant economy which will see retailers profiting resulting in jobs creation and lowering the unemployment rate and delivering surpluses.

Let me know also what your policies are to protect our boarders from illegal immigrants and what your party will do to strengthen our defence forces as the rise up of China continues to march on.

Let's start with the lie in your above post. The people who came by boat to seek refugee status are not illegals. Secondly when you show me the Morrison et al voted in support of the "Malaysian solution" legislation then we can start a discussion.around people seeking refugee status.

The reinstatement of penalty rates will increase not decrease economic activity.

Also, I note that you chose to ignore the internal criticism of the Liberal Party. I suppose you would find it difficult to defend the indefensible.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160638

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

DD wrote:

swan42 wrote:

DD wrote:

Let's start with the lie in your above post. The people who came by boat to seek refugee status are not illegals. Secondly when you show me the Morrison et al voted in support of the "Malaysian solution" legislation then we can start a discussion.around people seeking refugee status.

The reinstatement of penalty rates will increase not decrease economic activity.

Also, I note that you chose to ignore the internal criticism of the Liberal Party. I suppose you would find it difficult to defend the indefensible.

Unfortunately the Liberal party followed your parties precedent where a leader voted in as Prime Minister was deposed by an ambitious man who wanted to be Prime Minister. I'm not privy to to the intimate details behind both ultimately being deposed, Abbott was it seems a bit like what Rudd was accused of, ie being a bit aloof, then Turnbull was labeled arrogant and seemed to tippy toe around things and the karma bus got him. Again, just like Gillard.

The way I read it, it worked out well in the end and I think we've got the right man in charge and the ambitious Peter Dutton wasn't rewarded for wanting to knife a Prime Minister. Unfortunately in these events there tends to be a lot of collateral damage. Your party would know all about that so I don't think you should be pointing the finger and asking questions.

Scott Morrison is the man in charge with a new team around him and I think he's doing a good job and for me he is proving to be a very competent and capable Prime Minister. Your man Bill Shorten won't be getting my vote and if Labor do get up I doubt he will see out a first term as Prime Minister.
Get on your bike.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160642

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

DD wrote:

swan42 wrote:

DD wrote:

swan42 wrote:

DD wrote:

Unfortunately the Liberal party followed your parties precedent where a leader voted in as Prime Minister was deposed by an ambitious man who wanted to be Prime Minister. I'm not privy to to the intimate details behind both ultimately being deposed, Abbott was it seems a bit like what Rudd was accused of, ie being a bit aloof, then Turnbull was labeled arrogant and seemed to tippy toe around things and the karma bus got him. Again, just like Gillard.

The way I read it, it worked out well in the end and I think we've got the right man in charge and the ambitious Peter Dutton wasn't rewarded for wanting to knife a Prime Minister. Unfortunately in these events there tends to be a lot of collateral damage. Your party would know all about that so I don't think you should be pointing the finger and asking questions.

Scott Morrison is the man in charge with a new team around him and I think he's doing a good job and for me he is proving to be a very competent and capable Prime Minister. Your man Bill Shorten won't be getting my vote and if Labor do get up I doubt he will see out a first term as Prime Minister.

Everyone saw what happened because of what happened during the Rudd Gillard brouhaha. Given that, what the Liberals did is worse and the damage will be worse.

I will point out the latest Newspoll is 45-55; hardly a bounce with Morrison as PM.

On what basis do you assert that there will be a change to the Labor Party leadership if Labor win the next Federal election?

By the way have you heard of Billy McMahon and John Gorton?

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160645

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Because your mob get spooked easily by the polls and yes both sides are as bad as one another in that regard. They (Labor) if they win government won't go to the next election with Shorten as PM if the polls show they are headed for defeat. Albo, Bowen and co will be crunching the numbers and working the phones in no time.

What is your point about past Prime Ministers? Trying to deflect and make me look silly? I'm not a, student of politics nor a historian like a few people on here so what's your point?
Get on your bike.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160656

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

DD wrote: Because your mob get spooked easily by the polls and yes both sides are as bad as one another in that regard. They (Labor) if they win government won't go to the next election with Shorten as PM if the polls show they are headed for defeat. Albo, Bowen and co will be crunching the numbers and working the phones in no time.

What is your point about past Prime Ministers? Trying to deflect and make me look silly? I'm not a, student of politics nor a historian like a few people on here so what's your point?

DD my point is that (silly) Billy McMahon deposed Gorton a sitting PM.

With respect to your assertion that Shorten would be replaced as PM is predicated on Labor winning government and then the polls going south post the election is unlikely in the extreme given what is likely to be the result in the next Federal election.

What do you think of the proposal that there will only be 10 sitting days leading up to the election in 2019? Is Morrison trying to hide from being held accountable by Parliament.? If there is only going to be 10 sitting days, why doesn't Morrison call an election now?

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 331 guests and 2 members online

• Mcbob
  • alahoy

Newest Footy Recruits

• CarlosPhymn
  • Helenusaph
  • DJbem
  • kyliefrisp
  • chaibrA