Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160542

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It is quite remarkable how after resigning from the Liberal Party Julia Bank's eligibility to sit in the House of Representatives is suddenly in question by Liberal party politicians and their supporters.

Also,it is amazing that Bronwyn Bishop thinks that being a parliamentarian has the same level of danger as being a soldier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160543

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

gtrxuone wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: The original Narrows Bridge was built in the late 1950s, it opened in 1959.

BH there was two Wa Premiers in the 1950's.They both done about 5 years each.
Sir Ross Mclarity LNP 1950-55..,,,,,Albert Hawke ALP 1955-59.
They probably both contributed to the building of the Narrows.

Speaking of bridges GTR how magnificent is the Matagarup Bridge especially at night when all lit up...another WA icon from the Barnett era!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160545

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: The original Narrows Bridge was built in the late 1950s, it opened in 1959.

Speaking of bridges GTR how magnificent is the Matagarup Bridge especially at night when all lit up...another WA icon from the Barnett era!

Seriously BH? Laughable.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160546

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
A reader's comment from an article form today's The Age:

h.maberley

Out here in regional Australia Sky has been inflicted on Free To Air so we do not even have to subscribe to the stupidity for in a desperate attempt to increase its dismal ratings I have glanced at it while going through to other channels.

The Sky After Dark Comedy Show appears to be like some strange US sitcom set in a TV station where the inmates appear to be paranoid, scared of the other, black/brown/yellow/alie, people who have the temerity to question them and are all very shouty at such and even at their own cohort

Last edit: by swan42.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160547

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Beasley Hutton wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

Maby we put that bridge on the quiet.Although I agree it looks great.That made in Malaysia didn't work out that we'll for us taxpayers.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160548

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273

BC wrote: Shit mate...that's going back a bit. ;-) In a former life I worked at the airport doing shift work from 1979 and used to go to the Orbit for a few sherbets after work...certainly brings back memories.

I suspect you are being a bit economical with the truth here, BC - à la the Donald. I would suggest (based on 1st hand experience) that the sherbets didn't always wait until after work - particularly on the night shift. :blush:

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160549

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273

BC wrote:
Now that it's built and operational clearly Langoulant was wrong and Barnett was right.

Give it a couple of years to see if one of those rusted car bodies suddenly pops up to affect the centre bounce, or make a sharp leggie turn 120 degrees. :ohmy:

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160557

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

jackspratt wrote:

BC wrote:
Now that it's built and operational clearly Langoulant was wrong and Barnett was right.

Give it a couple of years to see if one of those rusted car bodies suddenly pops up to affect the centre bounce, or make a sharp leggie turn 120 degrees. :ohmy:

Maybe they will make a public announcement prior to footy games that only polite, gentle clapping will be allowed (of course that won't impact the Eagles' supporters).

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160560

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

jackspratt wrote:

BC wrote: Shit mate...that's going back a bit. ;-) In a former life I worked at the airport doing shift work from 1979 and used to go to the Orbit for a few sherbets after work...certainly brings back memories.

I suspect you are being a bit economical with the truth here, BC - à la the Donald. I would suggest (based on 1st hand experience) that the sherbets didn't always wait until after work - particularly on the night shift. :blush:

Maybe in your day Jack but I don't recall going down to the Orbit during a shift. On night's we used to send a runner down to make sure it stayed open when we had almost finished the last aircraft but that was about it....my how times have changed from then until now....zero tolerance for alcohol consumption with random testing during workng hours right across the thin blue line these days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160565

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Gee that brings back memories of Perth Airport the Orbit Inn and the Black Swans in the pond welcoming visitors to gods own country!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 199 guests and 3 members online

• Demons Forever
  • premiership hangover
  • HOMERSIMPSON

Newest Footy Recruits

• Helenusaph
  • DJbem
  • kyliefrisp
  • chaibrA