Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Victorian state election result 5 years 3 months ago #160515

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote:

swan42 wrote:

BC wrote: As far as I'm concerned, when the new GST distribution model kicks in and state debt starts to get paid down and becomes a distant memory, I think a statue to Colin Barnett should be erected at the new stadium. After all, it was his government that built the thing plus Yagan Square, Perth Gateway, City Link, the kids hospital, Elizabeth Quay and so on. Love him or hate him, he actually got stuff done.

BC he certainly did: he lost our triple A credit rating during a mining boom. There was going to be a new stadium: Barnett chose to ignore the report as to the best location for the new stadium. And to preempt your and/or BH's comment the person who produced the report was a former Under-Treasurer and by no means a Labor stooge and to paraphrase Wally Foreman the cost at the time of the production of the report was going to cost an additional $200 million dollars for the footings if the stadium was to be built at its current location.

How anachronistic is the naming of Elizabeth Quay? During Barnett's government's commitment to developing Perth's rail network?

And without be unduly pedantic there has not been a change to the GST distribution. Was Barnett part of the government of the day that signed on for the GST?

The new Children's hospital: maybe wait 10-15 years to see if his decision to not put in an additional floor was typical of his lac of vision.

Yes Sean and might I say Barnett was absolutely on the money in choosing to ignore Langoulant's recommendation don't you think? As for the GST distribution, I could have sworn there was no floor in the amount per dollar states would receive...maybe I was wrong and it's been 75 cents in the dollar all along.

The GST formula has not been changed. There is a top-up to try to save seats in WA for the Liberal Party. I will also point out that Bill Shorten proposed a floor on each State's GST.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Victorian state election result 5 years 3 months ago #160516

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

BC wrote: As far as I'm concerned, when the new GST distribution model kicks in and state debt starts to get paid down and becomes a distant memory, I think a statue to Colin Barnett should be erected at the new stadium. After all, it was his government that built the thing plus Yagan Square, Perth Gateway, City Link, the kids hospital, Elizabeth Quay and so on. Love him or hate him, he actually got stuff done.

BC he certainly did: he lost our triple A credit rating during a mining boom. There was going to be a new stadium: Barnett chose to ignore the report as to the best location for the new stadium. And to preempt your and/or BH's comment the person who produced the report was a former Under-Treasurer and by no means a Labor stooge and to paraphrase Wally Foreman the cost at the time of the production of the report was going to cost an additional $200 million dollars for the footings if the stadium was to be built at its current location.

How anachronistic is the naming of Elizabeth Quay? During Barnett's government's commitment to developing Perth's rail network?

And without be unduly pedantic there has not been a change to the GST distribution. Was Barnett part of the government of the day that signed on for the GST?

The new Children's hospital: maybe wait 10-15 years to see if his decision to not put in an additional floor was typical of his lac of vision.

42 are you suggesting the new 60+k seated Perth Stadium should NOT have been built in its now iconic Burswood location on the beautiful Swan River banks with the parklands and lakes surround???

Yeah, as you know Sean has been pushing that BS ever since Colin did it, its only because its a Liberal and Not Labor plan he hates it, remember Labor basically lost the election when they came and out late just before the election and said he would cancel Burswood and move it back to Subi,,,ffs what a goose.

Bazza LANGOULANT was commissioned to determine the best location. He did NOT CHOOSE where the new stadium is currently located. Now if you wish to try to suggest that he is on the Labor side of politics; you are deluding yourself.

Victorian state election result 5 years 3 months ago #160517

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

swan42 wrote: I know people are interested in what was happening on Sky News tonight. Paul Murray has had an absolute meltdown tonight. I won't mention what he called Julia Banks but in my opinion it is totally unacceptable. And you can google what he said if you are interested but I won't quote what he said and put the owner of this site at risk.

He also chose to refer to Fairfax papers as the Channel 9 papers without referring to Sky News as the Murdoch channel.

FFS Sean ...you are addicted to Sky News, mate I reckon you are Andrew Bolt in drag.[/quote

Bazza it certainly is illuminating that you think people should not try to be informed of counter opinions and views.

Victorian state election result 5 years 3 months ago #160518

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote: The fact remains there hasn't been a decent high achieving Labor state government in the entire history of the state..

WA Inc anyone...

Bazza which side of politics believes in rail networks and which side of politics closed down the Freo line?

Victorian state election result 5 years 3 months ago #160519

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

42 are you suggesting the new 60+k seated Perth Stadium should NOT have been built in its now iconic Burswood location on the beautiful Swan River banks with the parklands and lakes surround???

BH Langoulant a former Under Treasurer was commissioned to determine the most appropriate location for the NEW STADIUM. Langoulant is not on the Labor side of politics. Wally Foreman mentioned several times that the estimate to build the stadium at its current would cost an additional $200 million (at the time of the report).

I would with the greatest respect between you, me and Langoulant Langoulant would have been the best placed to make an informed decision.

Now that it's built and operational clearly Langoulant was wrong and Barnett was right.

That is just complete nonsense.

Victorian state election result 5 years 3 months ago #160523

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
42 have you actually attended our magnificent new world class Perth Stadium at Burswood where Colin Barnett had the visionary foresight to have built rather than that laughable Langoulant report supposed "better site" at Kitchener Park that couldnt handle 40k crowds comfortably let alone 60k?!
And the McGowan 2012/13 election threat to can the Burswood site build and move on with the Subiaco/Kitchener Park build again should never ever be forgotten what an embarrassing mistake that would have been compared to the world class precinct and location we have now! :blush: :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Victorian state election result 5 years 3 months ago #160524

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
42 Do you think there has been a high achieving Labour State Government.

Victorian state election result 5 years 3 months ago #160525

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1350

swan42 wrote:

BC wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Yes Sean and might I say Barnett was absolutely on the money in choosing to ignore Langoulant's recommendation don't you think? As for the GST distribution, I could have sworn there was no floor in the amount per dollar states would receive...maybe I was wrong and it's been 75 cents in the dollar all along.

The GST formula has not been changed. There is a top-up to try to save seats in WA for the Liberal Party. I will also point out that Bill Shorten proposed a floor on each State's GST.

Swannie or anyone actually. Can you please explain to me what it now means that "No state will be worse off" after WA is paid 70 then 75c in the dollar? Does it mean that the extra money some states have been receiving at WA's expense, will still receive that money regardless? And can someone then please explain where that money is going to come from?
Get on your bike.

Victorian state election result 5 years 3 months ago #160526

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: 42 have you actually attended our magnificent new world class Perth Stadium at Burswood where Colin Barnett had the visionary foresight to have built rather than that laughable Langoulant report supposed "better site" at Kitchener Park that couldnt handle 40k crowds comfortably let alone 60k?!
And the McGowan 2012/13 election threat to can the Burswood site build and move on with the Subiaco/Kitchener Park build again should never ever be forgotten what an embarrassing mistake that would have been compared to the world class precinct and location we have now! :blush: :lol:

You are obviously going to be very disappointed in the upcoming Federal election next year and in the next WA state election.

Victorian state election result 5 years 3 months ago #160527

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

DD wrote:

swan42 wrote:

BC wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Swannie or anyone actually. Can you please explain to me what it now means that "No state will be worse off" after WA is paid 70 then 75c in the dollar? Does it mean that the extra money some states have been receiving at WA's expense, will still receive that money regardless? And can someone then please explain where that money is going to come from?

The GST distribution formula wasn't changed so it meant that each state would get the revenue as per the GST formula. The additional revenue to be paid to WA would come out of consolidated revenue.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 324 guests and 4 members online

• Whitey
  • Time For a Flag
  • Whinnen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma