Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160504

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

BC wrote:

DD wrote: Ahh you mean the underground train tunnel experiencing one problem after another? I can tell you now that will be one of the most expensive pieces of rail on the planet with a train station in no man's land that as a result closed the main road to Terminal 3 & 4 which the donkeys want to shut down which will prove to be a catastrophic mistake in decades to come.

Anyone is a fool who thinks a one size fits all airport terminal will service the needs of a state with enormous scope for growth.

Bazza who takes responsibility for the car park fiasco at the PCH that cost us about a $100,000 per week we've had to write a cheque to some interstate car park management company for a car park built by our government?

DD...did you miss the announcement last week that work has started on the airbridge to link the station with the airport terminals? also you must also have missed the other one a couple of months ago announcing a $1.5 billion commitment by the airports corporation to bring it up to 21st century future requirements.

Yep, Bazza, this is the sort of BS that annoys me, I'm in the rail transport business now, and most of the stuff you read in the media is just hyped up BS, the project is going bloody well, and you beat me to the air bridge that will link it all up...the whole project is a great asset for generations to come.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160505

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

gtrxuone wrote:

Bazza wrote: The fact remains there hasn't been a decent high achieving Labor state government in the entire history of the state..

WA Inc anyone...

Baz there was a one term Labour in the early 1970's.John Tonkin he was a good Premier .But unfortunately ran into Sir Charles Court in his bid for re-election.
Dr Gallop was also a good Premier for 6 years.And as soon as he left the Carpenter government went into meltdown.
Carmen Lawrence inherited a poison chalice. And almost beat Richard Court in 1993.In a dead in the water election for the ALP.After Burkey and Dowding.

I don't rate anyone of them as outstanding, Tonkin was a one term wonder, Lawrence was a disgrace and Gallop couldn't hack the pressure and ran off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160506

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: I'm certainly not bragging about the airport DD....just stating facts. I arrived back from Vietnam on Tuesday of last week and whilst it wasn't too painful an experience coming in as it was the only flight on the deck, it shits me that we still have to go through a Marshall before leaving the arrivals hall. No other international airport I've been through in recent times has similar. If more than one plane is arriving at the same time, we see queues a mile long at the Marshall point. Also we have those woeful stairs to navigate when boarding an aircraft going out....so no...I'm not a huge fan either but thought you were off the mark in your comments about the rail link and future development of the airport.

In saying all that its a vast improvement on the days of the shared terminal Orbit Inne days...lol, No Air Con but I miss the Swans.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160507

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
What Marshall are you talking about BC? Do you mean the bit before Quarantine?

We are one of the few places in the world that has strict Quarantine Laws I guess hence the delay.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160508

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Shit mate...that's going back a bit. ;-) In a former life I worked at the airport doing shift work from 1979 and used to go to the Orbit for a few sherbets after work...certainly brings back memories.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160509

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Bazza wrote: What Marshall are you talking about BC? Do you mean the bit before Quarantine?

We are one of the few places in the world that has strict Quarantine Laws I guess hence the delay.

No mate, the Marshall is the person who directs whether you go to a search table or straight out the exit. Back in the old days you'd go though the Immigration line and the primary officer would mark your declaration with a code which was the determinant on whether you got tipped out or not. These days it's just a subjective decision by the Marshall and whether you've declared anything. Most airports I've been to have a red and green channel which is what should happen in Perth with ABF officers retaining the right to search someone and their luggage if they choose to.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160510

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

BC wrote: As far as I'm concerned, when the new GST distribution model kicks in and state debt starts to get paid down and becomes a distant memory, I think a statue to Colin Barnett should be erected at the new stadium. After all, it was his government that built the thing plus Yagan Square, Perth Gateway, City Link, the kids hospital, Elizabeth Quay and so on. Love him or hate him, he actually got stuff done.

I would erect that giant statue of Colin Barnett at Faulkner Park in the City of Belmont BC! :dry:
Those accomplishments you have listed will go down in WA history as icons of our great state and we should be forever grateful regardless of one's political persuasion!

With the greatest respect I suggest you wait 10-15 years to see whether Barnett's refusal to add an extra floor to the PCH was a correct decision. My opinion it won't be seen to be a good decision.

Also,it is an absolute disgrace to mention Emperor Barnett's name in the same breath as Ruth Faulkner.

Did she build a world class Perth Stadium, Elizabeth Quay, Yagan Square, Childrens Hospital etc?

To state what should be obvious, but is glaringly NOT OBVIOUS, there would have been a new stadium built. Emperor Barnett did not come up with the idea of building a new stadium.

Exactly how many months or years was the PCH late? We shall see in 10-15 years whether Emperor's Barnett decision not to increase the number of floors of the PCH.

What sort of extension to our rail network occurred in Emperor Barnett's government?

By the way which side of politics closed down the Midland rail workshop?

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160512

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

BC wrote: As far as I'm concerned, when the new GST distribution model kicks in and state debt starts to get paid down and becomes a distant memory, I think a statue to Colin Barnett should be erected at the new stadium. After all, it was his government that built the thing plus Yagan Square, Perth Gateway, City Link, the kids hospital, Elizabeth Quay and so on. Love him or hate him, he actually got stuff done.

BC he certainly did: he lost our triple A credit rating during a mining boom. There was going to be a new stadium: Barnett chose to ignore the report as to the best location for the new stadium. And to preempt your and/or BH's comment the person who produced the report was a former Under-Treasurer and by no means a Labor stooge and to paraphrase Wally Foreman the cost at the time of the production of the report was going to cost an additional $200 million dollars for the footings if the stadium was to be built at its current location.

How anachronistic is the naming of Elizabeth Quay? During Barnett's government's commitment to developing Perth's rail network?

And without be unduly pedantic there has not been a change to the GST distribution. Was Barnett part of the government of the day that signed on for the GST?

The new Children's hospital: maybe wait 10-15 years to see if his decision to not put in an additional floor was typical of his lac of vision.

42 are you suggesting the new 60+k seated Perth Stadium should NOT have been built in its now iconic Burswood location on the beautiful Swan River banks with the parklands and lakes surround???

BH Langoulant a former Under Treasurer was commissioned to determine the most appropriate location for the NEW STADIUM. Langoulant is not on the Labor side of politics. Wally Foreman mentioned several times that the estimate to build the stadium at its current would cost an additional $200 million (at the time of the report).

I would with the greatest respect between you, me and Langoulant Langoulant would have been the best placed to make an informed decision.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160513

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

I would erect that giant statue of Colin Barnett at Faulkner Park in the City of Belmont BC! :dry:
Those accomplishments you have listed will go down in WA history as icons of our great state and we should be forever grateful regardless of one's political persuasion!

With the greatest respect I suggest you wait 10-15 years to see whether Barnett's refusal to add an extra floor to the PCH was a correct decision. My opinion it won't be seen to be a good decision.

Also,it is an absolute disgrace to mention Emperor Barnett's name in the same breath as Ruth Faulkner.

Did she build a world class Perth Stadium, Elizabeth Quay, Yagan Square, Childrens Hospital etc?

Not to mention the Airport Train Link.

What a remarkable achievement of rail development in 70+ years of the Liberal Party. In case you missed it, I was being sarcastic.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160514

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

BC he certainly did: he lost our triple A credit rating during a mining boom. There was going to be a new stadium: Barnett chose to ignore the report as to the best location for the new stadium. And to preempt your and/or BH's comment the person who produced the report was a former Under-Treasurer and by no means a Labor stooge and to paraphrase Wally Foreman the cost at the time of the production of the report was going to cost an additional $200 million dollars for the footings if the stadium was to be built at its current location.

How anachronistic is the naming of Elizabeth Quay? During Barnett's government's commitment to developing Perth's rail network?

And without be unduly pedantic there has not been a change to the GST distribution. Was Barnett part of the government of the day that signed on for the GST?

The new Children's hospital: maybe wait 10-15 years to see if his decision to not put in an additional floor was typical of his lac of vision.

42 are you suggesting the new 60+k seated Perth Stadium should NOT have been built in its now iconic Burswood location on the beautiful Swan River banks with the parklands and lakes surround???

BH Langoulant a former Under Treasurer was commissioned to determine the most appropriate location for the NEW STADIUM. Langoulant is not on the Labor side of politics. Wally Foreman mentioned several times that the estimate to build the stadium at its current would cost an additional $200 million (at the time of the report).

I would with the greatest respect between you, me and Langoulant Langoulant would have been the best placed to make an informed decision.

Now that it's built and operational clearly Langoulant was wrong and Barnett was right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 419 guests and 4 members online

• Royals78
  • Success Hill
  • Froggy
  • Time For a Flag

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL