Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 6 years 6 months ago #136736

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
The bottom line is that Kyrgios needs to find something that he actually enjoys doing which is obviously not playing tennis. His behaviour is cringeworthy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 6 years 6 months ago #136739

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
mike: 'cringeworthy' -- a great word -- a good discription of the whole business too.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 6 years 6 months ago #136745

• premiership hangover
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 131
I think the best aussie word to describe him is tosser, fair dinkum how we allow him to still represent this country with that behaviour and attitude is a stain on Tennis Australia. I refuse to watch any matches he plays and if I do I will not be supporting the Aussie player (Unless he is playing another Aussie)
Save a tree and eat a beaver

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 6 years 6 months ago #136747

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Let me start by saying I don't condone what he did in the match. I didn't see the match, but on balance it would have been highly unlikely that he would have completed the match prior to being defaulted.

To put it into perspective I will reiterate that the rules are not applied equally when it comes to players' behaviour and the application of the rules. I challenge anyone to watch a match featuring Nadal or Djokovic and see if the chair umpire applies the 25 or 20 second rule for those two players. Alternatively watch an Andy Murray match and see if he gets a code violation every time he swears.

You might like to check out the sanction imposed on Fabio Fognini.

Finally, I expect the same indignation and outrage over the behaviour of players in the Australian cricket team when they are representing Australia.

As a postscript, I repeat I am not condoning what he did in China this week, I am providing a context to compare and contrast other sportsmen's behaviour.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 6 years 6 months ago #136753

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 133
Not condoning Swan but he has a bad time though doesn't he so it's no wonder.
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 6 years 6 months ago #136755

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Time For a Flag wrote: Not condoning Swan but he has a bad time though doesn't he so it's no wonder.

Selective is the word I would use. Of the posters who have commented on this thread how many have condemned or criticised any poor behaviour of the Australian cricket team?

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 6 years 6 months ago #136756

• Tiger Tales
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135
When was the last time the Australian Cricket team or a player pulled out of a match because they were behind in the first innings or at drinks break in a one dayer and thought they weren’t getting the right calls from the umpire?

Has it ever happened?

Kyrgios deserves all the criticism he gets and every cent he got fined.

Last edit: by Tiger Tales.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 6 years 6 months ago #136759

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Tiger Tales wrote: When was the last time the Australian Cricket team or a player pulled out of a match because they were behind in the first innings or at drinks break in a one dayer and thought they weren’t getting the right calls from the umpire?

Has it ever happened?

TT a response I expected. I will just give His Holiness a call so he can put in train the process for the beatification of the Australian cricket team. It is mind-numbing how you won't acknowledge there have been MANY examples of appalling behaviour by members of the Australian cricket team in the past 2 decades.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 6 years 6 months ago #136777

• premiership hangover
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 131
Swan, I'm puzzled by your comments, as someone else has raised please show me where the Australian cricket team, or any other Australian sporting organisation has continually quit games when they cant win? That's the behaviour we are focusing on here, not the fact Michael Clarke threatened to break a poms arm a few years ago. Heated comments in the moment happen at all sports, but to pack up and stop playing because you don't like the umpires mistake is a bit precious
Save a tree and eat a beaver
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiger Tales

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 6 years 6 months ago #136783

• Tiger Tales
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135

swan42 wrote:

Tiger Tales wrote: When was the last time the Australian Cricket team or a player pulled out of a match because they were behind in the first innings or at drinks break in a one dayer and thought they weren’t getting the right calls from the umpire?

Has it ever happened?

TT a response I expected. I will just give His Holiness a call so he can put in train the process for the beatification of the Australian cricket team. It is mind-numbing how you won't acknowledge there have been MANY examples of appalling behaviour by members of the Australian cricket team in the past 2 decades.

Hi Swan42 you really do struggle to put forward a reasonable argument in most of your posts so I’ve taken pity on you and will help you out...take particular note of points 2 & 3 as this is where you fall down most often.
The five basic steps in argumentative structures are as follows:
1. Introduction.
Express your message and why it's important to your audience, as well as yourself.
2. Statement of fact.
Break down the general thesis of your argument into smaller parts. This is where you name reasons why the current issue exists.
3. Confirmation, or proof.
Craft your main argument here, as well as reasons why your argument is a successful one.
4. Refutation.
Acknowledge your opposition, giving some credence to their argument, before challenging their point-of-view.
5. Conclusion.
Wrap up your main points of your argument and give instructions on what you want your audience to do or think.

Last edit: by Tiger Tales.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 884 guests and 3 members online

• BC
  • Senior Seagull
  • Kick it long

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric