Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 7 years 2 months ago #112152

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
why are so many Aussies outraged, he isn't representing Australia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 7 years 2 months ago #112156

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grassy wrote:

Peter North wrote: why are so many Aussies outraged, he isn't representing Australia.

You are right there.

He is pretty much,Self,self,self!

Yeah well that's what I just said he isn't playing for his country hes playing for himself.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 7 years 2 months ago #112175

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grassy wrote: So you tell us Swan.

Do the Djoker act the pork chop,like a goose,a fool,an idiot,a twit?

If so,for Shane!Guess who's grabbing the limelight for all the wrong reasons,as Always?

You highlight others all you want mate and good on you.But Nick hit a new low yesterday and the negative reaction came thick and fast in the aftermath today.Even some who have defended him,realised they were being played for fools!

Interesting comments Grassy. Out of these two players Djokovic and Kyrgios who hit a ball in the crowd and hit a spectator in a earlier tournament this year? Hint: the answer is NOT Kyrgios.

Whilst I don't condone some of the behaviour of Kyrgios I think it is important to see if there is an attempt to improve his behaviour. In my opinion there has been an attempt to improve his behaviour, and I suspect that he will continue to show that improvement. Will there be lapses? I suspect there will be. He should be judged on how he behaves as a 25; if it is the same as now, then that would not be acceptable.

I would also point out to you and others on here that are critical of Kyrgios that he apparently came down to Melbourne in December to hit up with some of our younger up and coming players. Is this highlighted? Of course not because that doesn't fit the agenda.

As for John McEnroe's criticism: pot, kettle and black come to mind immediately.

Finally, some of the posters on here critical of Kyrgios don't appear to be as critical when it comes to critiquing their behaviour.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 7 years 2 months ago #112176

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Peter North wrote:

Grassy wrote:

Peter North wrote: why are so many Aussies outraged, he isn't representing Australia.

You are right there.

He is pretty much,Self,self,self!

Yeah well that's what I just said he isn't playing for his country hes playing for himself.

PN of course you are right: it is analogous to the fallacious comment that the Eagles' players represent WA.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 7 years 2 months ago #112192

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grassy wrote: I think Ausrralians expect a lot better than what he has been showing in the last
6 - 12 months.We all know he is "a kid with Potential".

But a lot of us are Fed Up with the Petulant Act!Even some of his Stout defenders have had enough of his antics.

As at 16/1/2017 he was ranked 13th in the world. That means that there were ONLY 12 better performers on the ATPtour and Grand Slams in the past 12 months.

Whilst I am not going to defend some of his actions; I will state categorically that others have behaved as badly if not worse than him during the AO 2017. It suits the media to highlight some of his errant behaviour.

A question for you grassy and others: did the current Australian cricket captain get fined for dissent in the past 6 weeks or so?

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 7 years 2 months ago #112201

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

swan42 wrote:

Grassy wrote: I think Ausrralians expect a lot better than what he has been showing in the last
6 - 12 months.We all know he is "a kid with Potential".

But a lot of us are Fed Up with the Petulant Act!Even some of his Stout defenders have had enough of his antics.

As at 16/1/2017 he was ranked 13th in the world. That means that there were ONLY 12 better performers on the ATPtour and Grand Slams in the past 12 months.

Whilst I am not going to defend some of his actions; I will state categorically that others have behaved as badly if not worse than him during the AO 2017. It suits the media to highlight some of his errant behaviour.

A question for you grassy and others: did the current Australian cricket captain get fined for dissent in the past 6 weeks or so?

I don't think you're on the same page as most people swanny. Apart from Tomic, who has acted as a bigger idiot than krigos? As for the Aussie cricket captain, did he carry on endlessly like the 2 Aussie overpaid, over exposed snotrags? Not interested in Australian tennis any more...we produce the biggest cockheads in the world atm.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 7 years 2 months ago #112213

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grassy wrote: How long did Smith's act last,Swan?

Shark beat me to it.He gave you Bernard Tomic and I second it.Whilst the carry in came mostly from his Entourage in his loss the other day,I don't seem to recall the slightest hint of Bernie of asking them to quieten down and cut out the Rubbish behaviour.

On another level,coaches have come out in numbers,being very alarmed about the amount of Juniors who worship the worst aspects of guess who?

Nick and Bernie.Nobody else!Oh joy!A whole new generation of little Aussie Brats,with very little respect for the game,just around the corner for our amusement. :woohoo:

You keep saying you are not defending Kyrgios.You could have fooled me!Yes,there are others,but Nick and Bernie stand out like Sore Thumbs in bringing Tennis into Disrepute!

I will start with the last comment first. I am not defending Kyrgios; rather I am providing some balance. If one compared and contrasted the behaviour of Kyrgios and Tomic in toto with that of the Australian cricket team; clearly and demonstrably the Australian cricket behaves far worse than the two aforenamed tennis players. Given the supposed paragon of virtue that is the Australian Cricket team captain is not that in reality.

If we are going to discuss boorish crowd behaviour; how well-behaved are Australian cricket crowds?

Interesting you are referring to the match that Tomic played where the opposition was a FRIEND and DOUBLES' partner of Kyrgios.

Whilst we are discussing behaviour it was interesting that the umpire in the Nadal Zverev match consistently allowed Nadal to exceed by a considerable margin the time allowed to serve many, many times.

As for your comment re coaches let me ask how do junior cricket teams thinkabout the Australian cricket team's sledging?

Last edit: by swan42.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 7 years 2 months ago #112214

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
Please 42 give up whilst you are behind.
To compare the moronic antics of the 2 tennis goons with the highly esteemed national cricket team is laughable to say the least (i have already listed the achievements of both on a previous post).
Also if that numpty can make #13 in the world (wow what an achievement) :woohoo: it doesnt say much for the sport of tennis which lets face it has been completely dominated by only a handful of players (in both mens & womens) for the last 15 years!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 58shark

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 7 years 2 months ago #112218

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Australian misbehaviour on the cricket goes back forty years and should not best swept under the carpet. The truth of the matter is that Smith, as captain, openlly questions the umpires which is completelly unacceptable -- even Brendan Julian has highlightted his antics. The only reason the current team does not openlly sledge is that is not good enough to do so.

This is behaviour on the cricket field, which players, such as Connors and Mcenroe, would have recognised as they played tennis. The two aforementioned Americans, of course, were the start of the trouble in tennis.

Is Nick Kyrgios for real 7 years 2 months ago #112226

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Grassy: true enough, true enough. I often forget how popular tennis is in this country.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 750 guests and 2 members online

• Swedgen
  • KCachard

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL