Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Changes Coming 6 years 10 months ago #122785

• OzFooty
  • OzFooty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
Hi Ozfooty loyalists. Soon there will be an upgrade to Ozfooty which should fix a few bugs that have crept in. The current version needed to be upgraded, or migrated to the latest software version and it doesn't come cheap so there will be Google ads soon on Ozfooty.net. I hope you all understand this is necessary to help recover costs of my investment and new upgrades and any further development that will enhance the site.

Ron Head has been unable to blog lately, this has been one of the problems so hopefully Ron will be able to put his great interviews of past greats up again soon.

There will be a like button on each post and I aim to have Ozfooty available on Tapatalk. There may be other changes and enhancements.

If anyone has any requests or ideas feel free to post them here.

Regards
Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Beasley Hutton, Mr AFL, ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Changes Coming 6 years 10 months ago #122787

• ruddiger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 16
My company that I work for is based in Sweden. I have to log onto a VPN at work to access the softwsre which is SAP, and up until recently I have never had an issue with websites such as ozfooty as my hard drive/computer was local.

4 weeks ago we had an upgrade to the VPN and now my computer thinks I'm based in Sweden, even though I am here in Perth.
Of course this means I now cant access ozfooty at work, which is a real bummer!!

I don't suppose there is any way around this??

Changes Coming 6 years 10 months ago #122794

• OzFooty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

ruddiger wrote: My company that I work for is based in Sweden. I have to log onto a VPN at work to access the softwsre which is SAP, and up until recently I have never had an issue with websites such as ozfooty as my hard drive/computer was local.

4 weeks ago we had an upgrade to the VPN and now my computer thinks I'm based in Sweden, even though I am here in Perth.
Of course this means I now cant access ozfooty at work, which is a real bummer!!

I don't suppose there is any way around this??

Hi ruddiger, unfortunately the only way to access Ozfooty from countries that has their IP blocked is by using a VPN which you are already doing. I am no expert on VPN's but I guess you have to find a way to make your computer local (in Australia) again.

The reason for blocking most countries is to protect the site from cyber attacks and spam which has brought sites like this one undone in the past. There are a few countries considered "safe" that you can access Ozfooty from such as USA, Canada, UK, Singapore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza, ruddiger

Changes Coming 6 years 10 months ago #122805

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Do you need some testers to test the upgrade before you go live? PM if you would like me to be one.

Changes Coming 6 years 10 months ago #122815

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
It's only minor but on the private messages the time is never right.

Changes Coming 6 years 10 months ago #122834

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
Bugger the adverts! :(
Just hoping there are not too many!
One of the previous strong points of this site is freedom from all that crap.
Just my 5c worth

Changes Coming 6 years 10 months ago #122858

• OzFooty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Mr AFL wrote: It's only minor but on the private messages the time is never right.

Check what time zone you have set I think the default is Sydney time, you can change it in your profile settings.

WAG perhaps you would like to pay an annual subscription? Along with every other member? That's not the way I want to run it and if I did I would say this site would die off real quick. Unfortunately advertising is a fact of life in this digital world. Nothing comes for free someone has to pay or do you think I should keep bearing the cost out of my own pocket?

Last edit: by OzFooty.

Changes Coming 6 years 10 months ago #122867

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373
A small one here Admin but as a moderator the reply topic and delete topic button are a whisker's breath away from each other especially when using smart phone and Ipad. Any chance you can separate these buttons. As you are aware i have mistakenly hit delete topic button a few times accidentally.

As for the advertising so be it. If that's what is required to keep the site up and running then I support it. A necessary evil for the greater good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Changes Coming 6 years 10 months ago #122870

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

anchorman wrote: Just on the Thank you thing, it needs to change, maybe to well said and your kidding, or agree disagree.
not sure, I know it is hard but the Thank you doesn't sit well with me.

Believe it is changing to a 'Like" button Anchor reading the initial post here. I'd like a BS button so by seasons end weed have an unquestionable result as to who is the biggest bullshitter on this site.

Changes Coming 6 years 10 months ago #122877

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

anchorman wrote: Oops missed that part DW.It will be a plus for sure.
LOL like the BS button.Who would be your favourite to take out the title?
By the way Admin, though not a lover of ads, there is no way this site would survive if we all had to pay a yearly fee.Love em or leave, the ads will keep the site alive.

I believe Freeze and BH would challenge each other to the death ;)

Here's to hoping we get a BS button and that moderator delete topic button becomes a little harder to press..over to you Admin

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 685 guests and 2 members online

• Time For a Flag
  • Danger

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma