Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Banning Spammers 10 years 8 months ago #22873

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
Thanks Cardy.:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer: :cheer: Everything is back to normal.
Ran the malware byte programme, removed all the history files, defragmented the disk, ran the windows defender and opened the registry cleaner.
No more adverts appear on the r/h/s bottom of the page when I scroll down.
I had not seen this before, www.microsoft.com/en-au/security/pc-secu...malware-removal.aspx I notice the programme is updated every month. :)
Will start to use the pc cleaning tools more often, I think that will be beneficial.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by westaussieguy.

Banning Spammers 10 years 8 months ago #22876

• MikeXU1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Swan Districts FC
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

Cardy is correct, those using Microsoft Windows need to be cautious. Some programmes will infect your Windows system causing these kinds of popups. They are not anything to do with OzFooty.Net

Unfortunately Windows is not overly safe, and you need to regularly use software such as those mentioned by Cardy to keep your system Clean.

Apple Mac and Linux users please ignore :)

Mike.

Banning Spammers 8 years 11 months ago #66264

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373
I'm heading to Indonesia and Thailand in a weeks time for a month. Just wondering if I will be locked out from access to the site via IPhone/ vodafone Internet service??

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

Banning Spammers 8 years 11 months ago #66292

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
You lucky bastard :cheer: do you need a baggage handler brother ????

Banning Spammers 8 years 11 months ago #66317

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Southy....heading over with Mum so I am the baggage handler mate....quit my job recently due to the dodgy, fraudulent behaviour of the people I was working for which I flat out refused to be complicit in. Now get to use up all the hols I never took over past 4 years. Hopefully SD can get up over your mob this week who are looking good so far this year.Should be a cracker of a game so fingers crossed we can get over the line at home.

Will be looking for new employment opportunities when I return in May so if any body is out there in Ozfootyland who is looking for a new employee who is bright, honest & reliable, a computer savvy 41yr bloke who loves his WAFL footy and is prepared to tackle anything please PM me. I have 20yrs of experience in the retail liquor and hospitality industry managing and operating both large and small businesses and have also done signage quotation and maintenance work in the past to supplement my income. Afraid of no job if it doesn't interfere with catching up with my old boy on a Saturday avo to watch our beloved SD which is way too important for me to sacrifice at this later stage of my fathers life. We only live once.

Banning Spammers 8 years 11 months ago #66320

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
Good on you champion ya blood is worth bottling and yeah I have learnt extremely painfully how brief the peeps you love are with you

Sorry to hear about the employment issue but have a healthy bit of respect for your reasons & I guess there is a line in the sand in the end

Take it easy over there with Mum & enjoy the hell out of it for sure

Banning Spammers 8 years 11 months ago #66327

• MikeXU1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Swan Districts FC
  • Thank you received: 0
The OzFooty.Net service is unavailable in Indonesia. Unfortunately hacking attempts on Australian websites including social and ecommerce is an all to regular event.

A large proportion of attacks against this domain have originated from Indonesia, therefore security has been raised to exclude.

Banning Spammers 8 years 11 months ago #66345

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10

Dirty Weekender wrote: I'm heading to Indonesia and Thailand in a weeks time for a month. Just wondering if I will be locked out from access to the site via IPhone/ vodafone Internet service??

Mate you can change your VPN.. This wont effect your network but give you a different IP address to disguise your location. A lot of Aussies will be doing it soon

Here is a article but many more around if you Google your questions.

I did use Anchor Free Hotspot shield for a while a few years ago and it was pretty good. There are better options though I have found in my research.

www.hotspotshield.com/

One that impresses me is au.pcmag.com/networking/4558/feature/fre...ou-should-know-about

You have to pay for it to get a decent VPN but can get in the short term

Found this one as well and looks good and you can get short term

www.bestvpn.com/blog/11617/nordvpn-revie...e=6412130213429248:0

and a bit about Nord from Whirlpool. Dont take any notice of the guys who tell you to get another site as they are most probably working for the one they suggest.

forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2329468
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Last edit: by Cardy.

Banning Spammers 8 years 11 months ago #66366

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Here is a bit of info on what VPN'S Actually are

lifehacker.com/5940565/why-you-should-st...t-one-for-your-needs

Oops sorry left one out and this is the on I am considering due to good reviews etc etc... I did a lot of googling and this firm got all good reports.
They have a video that tells you a bit about it

hide.me/en/promotion/1/?friend=torrentzz

I havent tried it yet and they do have a free version that uses 3 servers and limited download space but if going on a short trip 2GB should be plently for just getting emails and OZFOOTY etc

A couple of reviews

www.bestvpnproviders.net/provider/hide-me/

www.slant.co/topics/865/viewpoints/3/~wh...vpn-provider~hide-me

In conclusion

Like I said I have only used Hotspot shield (see link above) and it was pretty good. I used it to access programmes from the USA that you could not access in Australia.
It was free and did the job. Maybe if you are going on a short trip or whatever it would be the way to go... I kept it on my computer and they had a simple button to click on to go into it.. When I didnt require it I just closed it down and used my normal internet.
When in the USA last year got the message you are unable to access this network when trying to log onto most Australian websites like IVIEW and a lot of news channels etc etc.
If I had of used my Hotspot wouldnt of been a problem.
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Last edit: by Cardy.

Banning Spammers 8 years 11 months ago #66421

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks for the info Mike and Cardy. Understand Ozfooty's stance and hopefully your info Cardy gives me the ability to keep in touch with the WAFL via Ozfooty for the month.

Cardy, re your comment re " a lot of Aussies will be doing it soon". Is this the future off Aussies avoiding Dallas Buyer Club like persecution???

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 215 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL