Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161282

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Stand the Test wrote: Any money the WAFC will step in and fix the price the eagles have to pay to buy a game. My guess is it will be $10K.

That figure would not even cover our bar trade for a home game...I much prefer 42's estimate quote if those pr!cks want to buy one of our home games!

BH even on a quiet home game the Black Swan Bar would do about $3500.Over $10,000 for the WP final or A Grade Grand Final.10 k would not cover the Member bar drinks + Catering.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161285

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
As a matter of interest how can they play at Lathlain Park Oval when Perth are at home?

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161303

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

swan42 wrote: As a matter of interest how can they play at Lathlain Park Oval when Perth are at home?

I may be wrong Swan42 but I think the original purpose of the Eagles buying home games of other WAFL clubs was to play them as curtain raisers to AFL games at Optus Stadium rather than at Lathlain Park. This is where they have discovered that the cost of rental of this ground is prohibitive.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161310

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
So as it stands a few weeks out from 2019 and our playing stocks are looking somewhat reduced it would be fair to say in the least!

Confirmed Outs from 2018 playing list-
Ugle (Retired)
Blight (Retired)
Banfield (Retired)
Rogers (Perth)
Yukich (WP)
Faulkner (?)
Watson (Fremantle)
Cameron (WCE)
Edwards (WCE)
Daniels (Bassendean)
Ridley (Bassendean)
Ross (Bassendean)
Holman, Power, O'Brien, Dent....no longer listed, there may be others I have missed.

Ins-
Glass-McCasker
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeh

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161312

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Looks pretty scary BH. What is more concerning is that even with these resources last year we finished 2nd last with 6 wins. The ghost of 2016 looms large at the moment. We seem to be putting a lot of reliance on the expected development of the colts players but those young guys also need experience around them to teach them the right way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161314

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

mikeh wrote: Looks pretty scary BH. What is more concerning is that even with these resources last year we finished 2nd last with 6 wins. The ghost of 2016 looms large at the moment. We seem to be putting a lot of reliance on the expected development of the colts players but those young guys also need experience around them to teach them the right way.

You do have to wonder Mike I must say!!

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161315

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I'd be interested to know why so many outs. Is it a cyclical thing do you think or are there other problems like the coach not connecting with players or similar? It's a genuine question as it does seem like quite a lot and we haven't even got to 2019 yet.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161316

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
certainly need some mature aged players in the squad, cant be relying on our colts kids from 2018 to provide the depth, many are going to need time in reserves.

from the last game of 2018 only 2 of the above players played - Watson and Ugle, we are going to need some improvement from the younger group from last year that got opportunities - Dean, Reidy, O'Sullivan, Hackett, Mackenzie, Raynor, Turner, Italiano, Maguire, Erceg, Bain.
if Glass-McAsker can hold down a key position it may mean Notte doesnt get shuffled around everywhere also

Last edit: by MarkOlsen.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161318

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: I'd be interested to know why so many outs. Is it a cyclical thing do you think or are there other problems like the coach not connecting with players or similar? It's a genuine question as it does seem like quite a lot and we haven't even got to 2019 yet.

BC I think the new coach has gone through a process in 2018 of gradually weeding out players who were regulars under Harding but who for one reason or another haven't fitted in with his style ( e.g Rogers, Faulkner). Even Banfield and Ugle retired suddenly when I thought they had more to give. Fair enough Pickering has the right to develop the team in his mould. The problem now is that he now has a team with a very low experience level and if it stays that way we could be looking at the wooden spoon next year unfortunately as many of the teams who were at or near Swans level in 2018 have recruited and strengthened their lists

Last edit: by mikeh.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161320

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Mike - Banfield took a job up North, nothing the club could do about that.
Ugle has the opporutnity for plenty of weekend work through his job so the financial aspect took over for him also.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 273 guests and 4 members online

• Bazza
  • Whitey
  • satan311
  • Big Blue

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL