Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161699

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
Heard the Hampson interview on 6PR tonight. Going to have a playing and coaching development role. Was interesting listening to his version of his departure at EF. Said all seemed fine with his initial interview with Bill Monaghan, he explained some things he needed to do differently in his recovery sessions and Bill seemed fine with it. Then did all the first 3 training sessions, completed everything and won the Yoyo test. Then called in by Bill and given his marching orders. George said people around the club were stunned including team mates.

He's got round 8 next year pencilled in already. Good on him for coming out and giving his side of the story. Said he'd spoken to a few clubs but didn't name them but thought SD were the best fit.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DD.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161702

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

DD wrote: Heard the Hampson interview on 6PR tonight. Going to have a playing and coaching development role. Was interesting listening to his version of his departure at EF. Said all seemed fine with his initial interview with Bill Monaghan, he explained some things he needed to do differently in his recovery sessions and Bill seemed fine with it. Then did all the first 3 training sessions, completed everything and won the Yoyo test. Then called in by Bill and given his marching orders. George said people around the club were stunned including team mates.

He's got round 8 next year pencilled in already. Good on him for coming out and giving his side of the story. Said he'd spoken to a few clubs but didn't name them but thought SD were the best fit.

Spoke to Perth too but they weren't interested in the slightest I am told
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161704

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
On paper SD have picked up two good players.....not sure a club of EF depth and quality can afford to have them.....but good luck to them both at SD.....a firing Simpson is good for putting buns on seats for any club.....whilst Hampson is a State player and a ball winner.....interesting SD offer the guy a coaching and development role.....esp with his history.....Will be interesting to see how long the honeymoon period lasts...

Last edit: by Freezin.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161708

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
As I said previously I don't think Pickering will tolerate any undermining type behaviour by any player. Giving George a leadership type role could either be a stroke of genius or a disaster, hopefully its the former. He is obviously a very talented player with a lot to offer so fingers crossed that it works out because Swans are going to need all the experience they can get in 2019.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161709

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Good pick ups there Swannies, in a different environment these two guys are potential game winners!

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161710

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Xavier Ellis, Rhys Palmer, Josh Simpson, George Hampson - is there no-one who SD are not prepared to waste money on?

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161713

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Ellis was recruited as a coach
Palmer played 16 out of 18 games
Hampson played 17 out of 18 games in 2018 so dont see how he is a waste of money if his body holds together, Swans need some experience
Simpson is the only risk.

Perth have had plenty of misses so could write a book on wasting money, not sure why you are having a go at Swans .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

Last edit: by MarkOlsen.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161716

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
Please tell me about PFC wastage...

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161719

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Spencer White - 26 games in 3 years
Angus Graham - 1 year
Nelson Ansey - cleared from Swans - 7 games and gone
Giobbi - 1 year
Cox - never played a game
Mortons
Reimers
thats just off the top of my head..

I have no problem with the demons and hope they do well, Earl is a top bloke but not sure why a Perth supporter would have a dig at at another club about wasting money on players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Beasley Hutton

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 months ago #161722

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
Probably cos I'm dirty Ellis played one decent game for you and his 4 goals were enough to just do us. Ha. Fair point mate.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 670 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog
  • FremantlesFinest