Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Tigers 5 years 7 months ago #154811

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
So its mothballs for the Swannies on Saturday. Hopefully the boys can give Claremont a good hit out which will assist them to beat whichever alignment team they come up against in the elimination final. I am going along to have a look if only to pay tribute to Matt Riggio who Danger has informed us won't be suiting up again next year.

It would be nice though if the club made an official announcement so supporters can make the effort to get there. Well done Matt, 9 years of loyal service and the 2010 premiership to boot. I'm sure he would have been tempted by more cashed up clubs during this time but he stuck fat with Swans and for that alone he deserves a legendary badge.

He has played some great footy and will be sorely missed.

I'm sure the boys will want to send Riggers out with a win but I think the incentive for Claremont is that victory would give them a home final,so I think they will win by 4 or 5 goals in a hard fought game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V Tigers 5 years 7 months ago #154814

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: So its mothballs for the Swannies on Saturday. Hopefully the boys can give Claremont a good hit out which will assist them to beat whichever alignment team they come up against in the elimination final. I am going along to have a look if only to pay tribute to Matt Riggio who Danger has informed us won't be suiting up again next year.

It would be nice though if the club made an official announcement so supporters can make the effort to get there. Well done Matt, 9 years of loyal service and the 2010 premiership to boot. I'm sure he would have been tempted by more cashed up clubs during this time but he stuck fat with Swans and for that alone he deserves a legendary badge.

He has played some great footy and will be sorely missed.

I'm sure the boys will want to send Riggers out with a win but I think the incentive for Claremont is that victory would give them a home final,so I think they will win by 4 or 5 goals in a hard fought game.

I won't be there but I hope the boys have a good win to send a number of the boys who will be playing their last game for Swans

Swans V Tigers 5 years 7 months ago #154819

• westaussieguy
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
If Riggio is leaving, hopefully Swan Districts don't lose anybody else and can keep the current group together at seasons end.
Going to be a good match this one and can see Claremont with half a nose in front at the final siren.
Swans are averaging 28 Disposals per Goal at Home whilst Claremont are averaging 29.7 for their Away games..
Claremont finished last weeks game strongly whereas Swans had a disappointing second half in their last match.
However Claremont will not wish to sustain any major injuries before the Finals, which may suit Swans.
Just hope the forecasted rain holds off and a good crowd is in attendance.

Swans V Tigers 5 years 7 months ago #154841

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Nothing coming from the club if this is indeed Riggs last game for us which is very dissapointing for such a loyal servant if that is the case.....but there has been plenty of updates on the girl from the SD womens team currently appearing on some pathetic reality show featuring the rugby fella the honey badger.....fair dinkum!! :sick: :unsure:

Swans V Tigers 5 years 7 months ago #154864

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote: Nothing coming from the club if this is indeed Riggs last game for us which is very dissapointing for such a loyal servant if that is the case.....but there has been plenty of updates on the girl from the SD womens team currently appearing on some pathetic reality show featuring the rugby fella the honey badger.....fair dinkum!! :sick: :unsure:

Maybe honey badger should get into politics......:lol:

Swans V Tigers 5 years 7 months ago #154953

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Beasley Hutton wrote: Nothing coming from the club if this is indeed Riggs last game for us which is very dissapointing for such a loyal servant if that is the case.....but there has been plenty of updates on the girl from the SD womens team currently appearing on some pathetic reality show featuring the rugby fella the honey badger.....fair dinkum!! :sick: :unsure:

BH,

It was mentioned on a episode of WAFL World that Riggio was continuing, not sure if they were 100% accurate but thats what was stated.

Swans V Tigers 5 years 7 months ago #154955

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Leedy wrote:

BH,

It was mentioned on a episode of WAFL World that Riggio was continuing, not sure if they were 100% accurate but thats what was stated.

Leedy I hope you are right; but my mail is that his last game will be on Saturday.

Swans V Tigers 5 years 7 months ago #155070

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Looks like a decent team to give the Tigers a tough game in the sunshine tomorrow. Looking forward to it. The colts are already through to play finals. The reserves need to win and hope that 2 other results go their way to sneak through, probably unlikely. I must admit to looking through the reserves list which looks strong on paper and wondering how many of the following players will be lining up for Swans in 2019
Jacob Coniglio
Adam Faulkner
Steven Wityk
Taryce Stewart
Jackson Slater
Freddie Clutterbuck
Chad Daniels
Warrick Wilson

Many of these guys seem to be either out of favour with the coach or pushed out by the increasing emphasis on younger players.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V Tigers 5 years 7 months ago #155071

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: Looks like a decent team to give the Tigers a tough game in the sunshine tomorrow. Looking forward to it. The colts are already through to play finals. The reserves need to win and hope that 2 other results go their way to sneak through, probably unlikely. I must admit to looking through the reserves list which looks strong on paper and wondering how many of the following players will be lining up for Swans in 2019
Jacob Coniglio
Adam Faulkner
Steven Wityk
Taryce Stewart
Jackson Slater
Freddie Clutterbuck

Chad Daniels
Warrick Wilson

Many of these guys seem to be either out of favour with the coach or pushed out by the increasing emphasis on younger players.

My guess would be the three highlighted. With Taryce Stewart if he can get his knee(s) fixed and get fit.

Last edit: by swan42.

Swans V Tigers 5 years 7 months ago #155095

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
For any Swans supporter reading this and who doesnt know, Kirk Ugle is retiring after the match this afternoon. How did I find this out? It was buried in an article in the West by Russell Reid which mainly dealt with the South Fremantle match but mentioned the Swans game as well. Nothing on the clubs website or facebook page and in the article written about him a few weeks ago, Kirk was very positive about continuing into next year. So what has changed over the last few weeks?
I will hold my fire about this until I know all the facts but I would urge any Swans fan who can get to Bassendean this afternoon to go along and pay tribute to a great servant of the club.

Last edit: by mikeh.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 441 guests and 2 members online

• westaussieguy
  • ruddiger

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes