Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Swans V South at Bassendean 5 years 8 months ago #153920

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
Good fight from the Swannies today, great stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V South at Bassendean 5 years 8 months ago #153946

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: Great to see some kids get a run today....we really took it to south for a half then the more mature bodies kicked in in the 2nd half and they dismantled us with their precise 12.5metre passing game. I was really impressed with our endeavour during this one which was great to see early. Amazing what an injection of youth can do for the energy of a side. Pity we ran out of legs manning the mark in the second half but hats off to SF, smart footy on the day to decipher how to beat a home team that came to play. We still make too many disposal errors not hitting up easy targets too many times. Doesn’t always result in immediate turnovers but puts the loose player under unneeded pressure when the ball gets kicked at feet instead of direct to the chest. Little things that make a big difference to a young side.

Observations
Italiano is a lot better footballer than when I last saw him play at colts level.
Erceg needs to be given a consistent run at league level as he is a good size who will become a quality league player given the chance. Give the kid some stability and watch him blossom.
I’d love to see Alby Dean challenge himself to get fit to an elite level over the off season. The only thing holding him back from dominating the comp is 50/50 fitness ...

#17 for SF has got some serious wheels on him or did I just blink too quickly :-0

DW how did you rate Noble's game and should he started on the bench in the third quarter?

Had my eyes on the kids a lot so maybe not the best bloke to comment on Noble. To be honest didn’t notice the big fellas a lot today...probably something to do with the 12.5m chipping game SF installed. Not a lot of kicking down the lines and we seemed to fall in to the same style of game. Apparrently the quickest way to get to Broome from Perth is to drive to Albany first, cross over to Esperance first before retracing your steps back to Albany, you can then drive to Bunbury before heading to Mt Barker from where you can return to Perth in hope that one day you might get to kick the ball forward of centre in the general direction of Broome ie the forward 50. Modern footy shits me at times although this wasn’t a bad game too watch for the first 3/4. We were out on our feet during the last that’s for sure with most of the kids running on the spot.

How did you rate Noble’s game as s matter of interest?

DW interesting comments re the short kicking style and the indirect method of attack that is being implemented by SF ATM.
Do you believe that this style will hold up in Finals matches and against better coached teams.
I have always been a critic of it because I do not believe our kicking skills area good enough and we do not exploit our strength in fwd line enough by going indirect and slowly this allowing teams to get back in numbers in fwd line. It absolutely frustrates the hell out of me.

Swans V South at Bassendean 5 years 8 months ago #153952

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Dwert wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: Great to see some kids get a run today....we really took it to south for a half then the more mature bodies kicked in in the 2nd half and they dismantled us with their precise 12.5metre passing game. I was really impressed with our endeavour during this one which was great to see early. Amazing what an injection of youth can do for the energy of a side. Pity we ran out of legs manning the mark in the second half but hats off to SF, smart footy on the day to decipher how to beat a home team that came to play. We still make too many disposal errors not hitting up easy targets too many times. Doesn’t always result in immediate turnovers but puts the loose player under unneeded pressure when the ball gets kicked at feet instead of direct to the chest. Little things that make a big difference to a young side.

Observations
Italiano is a lot better footballer than when I last saw him play at colts level.
Erceg needs to be given a consistent run at league level as he is a good size who will become a quality league player given the chance. Give the kid some stability and watch him blossom.
I’d love to see Alby Dean challenge himself to get fit to an elite level over the off season. The only thing holding him back from dominating the comp is 50/50 fitness ...

#17 for SF has got some serious wheels on him or did I just blink too quickly :-0

DW how did you rate Noble's game and should he started on the bench in the third quarter?

Had my eyes on the kids a lot so maybe not the best bloke to comment on Noble. To be honest didn’t notice the big fellas a lot today...probably something to do with the 12.5m chipping game SF installed. Not a lot of kicking down the lines and we seemed to fall in to the same style of game. Apparrently the quickest way to get to Broome from Perth is to drive to Albany first, cross over to Esperance first before retracing your steps back to Albany, you can then drive to Bunbury before heading to Mt Barker from where you can return to Perth in hope that one day you might get to kick the ball forward of centre in the general direction of Broome ie the forward 50. Modern footy shits me at times although this wasn’t a bad game too watch for the first 3/4. We were out on our feet during the last that’s for sure with most of the kids running on the spot.

DW interesting comments re the short kicking style and the indirect method of attack that is being implemented by SF ATM.
Do you believe that this style will hold up in Finals matches and against better coached teams.
I have always been a critic of it because I do not believe our kicking skills area good enough and we do not exploit our strength in fwd line enough by going indirect and slowly this allowing teams to get back in numbers in fwd line. It absolutely frustrates the hell out of me.

I can’t answer for SF in other games as I haven’t seen them but in this one it became clear that SF changed tack at qtr time and made the decision to control the ball against a very lively youthful opponent. Class came to the fore the more the game went and as our younger fellas ran out of steam. I thought your mob were good yesterday as in they took the game away from us the longer the game went. To answer your question I do not think this game style has a hope in hell of defeating Subi and would hope SF have a few tricks up their sleeve for that match up. It did however work well yesterday against a team who are still trying to work it out among themselves. Pleasing signs for SD and I’ve been very critical recently. At least we were changing up the mix, hope we learnt something for 2019.

One other thing I did notice was your hit up targets were often smaller blokes as you eventually got the ball deep inside. This won’t cut it in finals either
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

Swans V South at Bassendean 5 years 8 months ago #153953

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Dwert wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Observations

I can’t answer for SF in other games as I haven’t seen them but in this one it became clear that SF changed tack at qtr time and made the decision to control the ball against a very lively youthful opponent. Class came to the fore the more the game went and as our younger fellas ran out of steam. I thought your mob were good yesterday as in they took the game away from us the longer the game went. To answer your question I do not think this game style has a hope in hell of defeating Subi and would hope SF have a few tricks up their sleeve for that match up. It did however work well yesterday against a team who are still trying to work it out among themselves. Pleasing signs for SD and I’ve been very critical recently. At least we were changing up the mix, hope we learnt something for 2019.

One other thing I did notice was your hit up targets were often smaller blokes as you eventually got the ball deep inside. This won’t cut it in finals either

Cheers DW very informed observations. I do hope TC and Co do have some other plans because I cannot see this style holding up against other finalists let alone Subiaco.
It only seems that we are only one dimensional. I would be gladly proven wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Swans V South at Bassendean 5 years 8 months ago #154056

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Thanks for your observations DW. Great to hear that the boys at least put in the effort for Kirks milestone. Sounds similar to the Subi game in that the young legs got tired later in the game and the experienced Souths bodies prevailed.

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 325 guests and 4 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Swedgen
  • one time only
  • waflrules

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple