Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 7 months ago #153261

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
GTR Leederville Oval (or Centre Of Excellence) is apparently the jewel in the WAFC's crown according to numptys like Grunt Duddington & Kneel Scandall.....if it is not the putrid playing surface, it is the dim lighting or the malfunctioning scoreboard where you can barely see the time left from the EPFC stand.......Centre Of Effluent would be a more appropriate title!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 7 months ago #153273

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

Danger wrote:

BC wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: A good 1st half up against the bought foreign legion mob were we had a red hot go and put them under pressure but one thinks a certain commissioner who was at the game in a capacity for the foreign legion mob would you believe well actually you would knowing who it was and he does not hide his biased allegiance for $ubi even as a supposed unaligned commissioner he might have gone into the changerooms at half time and dropped in the usual cheque as 4 extremely soft free kicks to $ubi resulted in goals in the 3rd qtr effectively ending the contest but the 50m penalty to Horsley that resulted in a goal had to be seen to be believed talk about complete maggot incompetence!
And what a piss poor turn out by the "$ubi faithful" there obviously wasnt a Bowra & O'Dea, Mareena Purslowe or Chippers conference on at Leederville Oval to boost their grossly inflated attendance numbers as per usual!
As for the "Centre of Effluent" what a disgrace of a ground...pity $ubi couldnt put some of their money towards buying a super sopper or similar instead of spending on annual recruiting!

You bogans would actually make me laugh if you weren't so pitiful ....does anyone at bogandean know who that clown is that yells out all through the game and intermingles his stupidity with foul language? he was seated in the main grand stand today on the EP social premises side. this idiot is an embarrassment to your club and needs to pulled into line.

Agree,this bloke is an A grade flog!!! At home games he sits in the Macca stand,I dare say if he was up in the members or either of the Can bars acting like he does then he’d have been pulled up.

I will second that. I avoid the Macca stand because of this bellend and his mates.

I was not there yesterday and had no interest in attending to be honest. The result was so predictable and $15 seemed a high price to pay for watching a one sided romp. Yes 50 points isn't a complete flogging but you would have to say that it was probably worth 80 -90 given the state of the ground

I have been a Swans fan since I was a little kid and have attended games week after week in the past years win, lose or draw and believe me there have been lots of floggings in that lot. But I would always say to myself that next week is another game and butter up again.

Its different now in that never have I been less interested in a WAFL season than I am at this very moment. Not just because Swans have fallen away, there have been lots of seasons like that (2016 for example) but I kept going back for more. Its just the total disregard for the competition by the WAFC which has led to diminishing crowds, clubs living on the edge financially and hopes of a premiership out of reach for most clubs. Swans have got caught up in the need to survive and diversify which has obviously taken their focus more on to engaging with the community as a key goal and winning premierships are now a secondary goal I believe.

I am seriously considering terminating my long standing membership with the club in 2019 as I now think the WAFL has gone so far away from the competition that I fell in love with in the 70's and 80's that I would now be better off spending my money and time on other pursuits.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 7 months ago #153276

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote:

Danger wrote:

BC wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: A good 1st half up against the bought foreign legion mob were we had a red hot go and put them under pressure but one thinks a certain commissioner who was at the game in a capacity for the foreign legion mob would you believe well actually you would knowing who it was and he does not hide his biased allegiance for $ubi even as a supposed unaligned commissioner he might have gone into the changerooms at half time and dropped in the usual cheque as 4 extremely soft free kicks to $ubi resulted in goals in the 3rd qtr effectively ending the contest but the 50m penalty to Horsley that resulted in a goal had to be seen to be believed talk about complete maggot incompetence!
And what a piss poor turn out by the "$ubi faithful" there obviously wasnt a Bowra & O'Dea, Mareena Purslowe or Chippers conference on at Leederville Oval to boost their grossly inflated attendance numbers as per usual!
As for the "Centre of Effluent" what a disgrace of a ground...pity $ubi couldnt put some of their money towards buying a super sopper or similar instead of spending on annual recruiting!

You bogans would actually make me laugh if you weren't so pitiful ....does anyone at bogandean know who that clown is that yells out all through the game and intermingles his stupidity with foul language? he was seated in the main grand stand today on the EP social premises side. this idiot is an embarrassment to your club and needs to pulled into line.

Agree,this bloke is an A grade flog!!! At home games he sits in the Macca stand,I dare say if he was up in the members or either of the Can bars acting like he does then he’d have been pulled up.

I will second that. I avoid the Macca stand because of this bellend and his mates.

I was not there yesterday and had no interest in attending to be honest. The result was so predictable and $15 seemed a high price to pay for watching a one sided romp. Yes 50 points isn't a complete flogging but you would have to say that it was probably worth 80 -90 given the state of the ground

I have been a Swans fan since I was a little kid and have attended games week after week in the past years win, lose or draw and believe me there have been lots of floggings in that lot. But I would always say to myself that next week is another game and butter up again.

Its different now in that never have I been less interested in a WAFL season than I am at this very moment. Not just because Swans have fallen away, there have been lots of seasons like that (2016 for example) but I kept going back for more. Its just the total disregard for the competition by the WAFC which has led to diminishing crowds, clubs living on the edge financially and hopes of a premiership out of reach for most clubs. Swans have got caught up in the need to survive and diversify which has obviously taken their focus more on to engaging with the community as a key goal and winning premierships are now a secondary goal I believe.

I am seriously considering terminating my long standing membership with the club in 2019 as I now think the WAFL has gone so far away from the competition that I fell in love with in the 70's and 80's that I would now be better off spending my money and time on other pursuits.

To those who think that it is just me whinging should read mikeh's comments, particularly the ones I have highlighted. I would refer comments from DW expressing a similar sentiment that it is not just me that is becoming more and more disillusioned with the direction the WAFL is heading. And before posters say it is just because Swans are second last, check out our 2016 season. The views expressed NOW were not expressed during or post the 2016 season.

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 7 months ago #153280

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
[quote="swan42" the WAFL has gone so far away from the competition that I fell in love with in the 70's and 80's that I would now be better off spending my money and time on other pursuits.[/b][/color][/size][/quote]

And indeed it has, sadly!
The writing was on the wall in bloody big black letters ten feet tall at the end of the 2013 season when that terrible announcement came through.
And how many more lies will officialdom tell?
Attendances have dwindled away alarmingly. Take this match of Subiaco and Swans yesterday reportedly only having a small congregation.
And sad to say, sponsors also seem to be walking away too. Hard to see how to attract everyone back once they've gone.

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 7 months ago #153343

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373
To those who think that it is just me whinging should read mikeh's comments, particularly the ones I have highlighted. I would refer comments from DW expressing a similar sentiment that it is not just me that is becoming more and more disillusioned with the direction the WAFL is heading. And before posters say it is just because Swans are second last, check out our 2016 season. The views expressed NOW were not expressed during or post the 2016 season.[/quote]

I wanna watch the club I have always supported playing to win not playing to survive as mikeh has pointed out. We have adopted the model of a feeder club and nothing I have seen in 2018 could convince me otherwise.

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 7 months ago #153348

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355

Dirty Weekender wrote: To those who think that it is just me whinging should read mikeh's comments, particularly the ones I have highlighted. I would refer comments from DW expressing a similar sentiment that it is not just me that is becoming more and more disillusioned with the direction the WAFL is heading. And before posters say it is just because Swans are second last, check out our 2016 season. The views expressed NOW were not expressed during or post the 2016 season.

I wanna watch the club I have always supported playing to win not playing to survive as mikeh has pointed out. We have adopted the model of a feeder club and nothing I have seen in 2018 could convince me otherwise.[/quote]

Sorry for getting off topic again.
Sadly, that's what the whole bloody Wafl has become. I don't think it's just a Swan Districts thing.
Has been like that for some years.

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 7 months ago #153349

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
WAG you are so spot on....just surprised some folk have taken so long to state the obvious.....been the obvious since 1987...like you say WAG.every WAFL club is and has been for a good while a feeder club since WCE and Freo were formed.......

Just amazed a few SD boys are thinking of jumping off the WAFL ship now, even when it's been cast adrift for decades because they think it's sinking.....it's been sunk for ages....SD have won only 2 flags and have played in 3 GF since WCE birth in 1987.....Common knowledge Perth have won and played in none...EF have won 3 flags since 1987 and played in 6 GF, their last flag 20 years ago.....SF have won 2 flags and played in 7 GF, whilst WP have won 4 flags and played in 8 GF during that time......Subi and Cl have dominated during this period....more so Subi....especially of late......not sure why folk are concerned now.....the good ole SS WAFL/Westar/whatever its been called sailed away 20 odd years ago....though it was fun when it existed pre 1987......as mikeh said had some great memories watching it during my formative years through the 70's and 80's........not everything lasts sadly

Last edit: by Freezin.

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 7 months ago #153359

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Beasley Hutton wrote: GTR Leederville Oval (or Centre Of Excellence) is apparently the jewel in the WAFC's crown according to numptys like Grunt Duddington & Kneel Scandall.....if it is not the putrid playing surface, it is the dim lighting or the malfunctioning scoreboard where you can barely see the time left from the EPFC stand.......Centre Of Effluent would be a more appropriate title!

Brilliant Beas :)

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 7 months ago #153407

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
I read John Townsends article in the West this morning and he mentioned the knob heads in the grandstand that BC was referring to. He also confimed that Matt Rogers had walked out on the club after being dropped to the reserves. When someone of the calibre of Matt leaves, it rings massive alarm bells as far as I am concerned. What the hell is going on within the four walls?

Swans v Subi at Leederville 5 years 7 months ago #153430

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872

Dirty Weekender wrote: To those who think that it is just me whinging should read mikeh's comments, particularly the ones I have highlighted. I would refer comments from DW expressing a similar sentiment that it is not just me that is becoming more and more disillusioned with the direction the WAFL is heading. And before posters say it is just because Swans are second last, check out our 2016 season. The views expressed NOW were not expressed during or post the 2016 season.

I wanna watch the club I have always supported playing to win not playing to survive as mikeh has pointed out. We have adopted the model of a feeder club and nothing I have seen in 2018 could convince me otherwise.[/quote]

42, DW and Mike have you spoken to our SDFC board & football department about your concerns re our non football focus?
We are certainly in a catch 22 situation as without current members not renewing their membership for next year and beyond we could well be in the same position as WP are currently (possibly no SDFC) into the future but then I guess on the other hand members would like to think we would at least be trying to win a flag if not next year at least by 2020 as you can only push the development first card for so long and it seems we have been on that path for at least 4 or 5 seasons already?!
Maybe the club has deduced only $ubiaco and or a loaded up alignment side are realistic chances of winning a WAFL premiership currently and are focusing on a comp that has them 3 sides come back to the field due to funds dwindling and or end of alignments.....hopefully both the SDFC and the WAFL can survive post both!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 270 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes