Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

V EF 5 years 8 months ago #152797

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Was wondering how on earth we were going to kick a winning score with from our Top 4 goalkickers in the season so far one has retired (Banfield), one was astonishingly playing Reserves (Rogers), one was equally astonishingly playing Full Back (Gault) and the other playing midfield/ruck (Noble). But regular defenders Ugle and Notte went forward along with 2nd game midfield goer Italiano chipped in for 10 goals between them which is more than we have kicked in a game for months!

Notte goes forward and kicks goals...wowee who woulda guessed that no brainer move would ever get employed by our brains trust. Astonishing it has taken so long

DW Notte has always shown his versatility and kicking goals. And yes it was worth a try. But there are two sides to the coin and by moving Notte forward we moved Gault. I think Gault's return to Swans has been a huge plus for Swans but he was far too loose playing on Loersch Notte scored 3.1 to Loersch's 6.2

I am not sure why Rogers was in the ressies. There were some promising signs with the younger guys performing well. I thought Blakely had a good game as well.

My gripe with the Notte situation is why the hell in games we can’t buy ourselves a goal does he not get swung forward and give the team a chance to score. I hear what you are saying but as BH pointed out with the Toddy comment swinging players around ain’t exactly rocket science when the team ain’t bothering the scoreboard attendant .

Absolutely DW you can go back to guys like Brent Hutton. And I agree with you about the lack of moves to put Notte up forward in other games and in yesterday's game it was the lack of the move of Notte to the back line when Loersch was threatening to snatch the game from us yesterday.

It would be wonderful for coaches to sudden have an epiphany and realise that you need a forward line to win games. I am not sure whether you saw the ressies yesterday when Steward got the ball probably around 70 metres from goal and due to his lack of fitness he wasn't able to outrun the 3-4 East Freo players and there was no-one to kick the ball to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

V EF 5 years 8 months ago #152799

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
42 the best coaches I have seen in my football lifetime in John Todd and Malcolm Blight were attacking minded coaches who didn’t care less that the opposition kicked 20 goals in a game as long as you kicked 22 or more and out score them......compare that proactive entertaining coaching philosophy to the borefest coaches such as Lyon, Roos & co....I know which I would prefer to handover the hard earned to watch and it ain’t Lyon & co!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

V EF 5 years 8 months ago #152800

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
you will be waitting a long time Swan 42-- there is still people on here defending Lyon. I think I heard on the wireless that Clarkson and Lyon coached against each other in the 2013 grand final -- that says it all really.

V EF 5 years 8 months ago #152805

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: 42 the best coaches I have seen in my football lifetime in John Todd and Malcolm Blight were attacking minded coaches who didn’t care less that the opposition kicked 20 goals in a game as long as you kicked 22 or more and out score them......compare that proactive entertaining coaching philosophy to the borefest coaches such as Lyon, Roos & co....I know which I would prefer to handover the hard earned to watch and it ain’t Lyon & co![/quote

BH I am absolutely not defending the crap that masquerades as modern footy. The absence of a forward line; the kicking backwards and sideways because the player does not want to take the responsibility for kicking he ball forwards; the selfishness of the players who do not shepherd any more because it is not a statistics that is kept.

If I wanted to watch 90+ minutes of a footy code where you might only get one or two shots at goal I would watch soccer and if I wanted to watch a rolling maul I would go to watch a Rugby game.

V EF 5 years 8 months ago #152806

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
42 in my previous post above I was actually agreeing with you...modern coaching is complete and utter rubbish the press, rolling mauls and congestion style crap is enough to turn diehards away from the game....let us not forget football is not only a sport but is also in the entertainment industry!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 409 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977