Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151917

• ShinyDuck
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Shiny is sticking with the Black Ducks.
Sir Shinester doesn't let a thrashing or ten get in the way of staying on board his black and whites...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151937

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: When lifetime SDFC members such as 42, Mikeh, Swandog, DW, GTR, myself and MANY others not on ozfooty have become completely disillusioned with where the SDFC are at currently and where they might be into the future I think it is high time someone at the SDFC gave us some answers and direction to where the club is actually going on the field and are held accountable for the rubbish currently being served up?!
We seem more concerned with promoting womens football matches and integrated football games than what our League side are displaying on the park.
Another bug bear of mine is the lack of members being made aware of the announcements from the club before the game re SD local lads and club warriors Banfield & Ellard retiring?
Some of the initiatives the club is doing off the park are great dont get me wrong but what the SDFC must always understand is we are a FOOTBALL CLUB at the end of the day and without a competitive League team for now and into the future we will struggle to sustain interest for members, sponsors, players, supporters and thus struggle to survive without any foreseeable hope![/quote

Let me remind posters like freezin who doubted the veracity of my comments on the topic "most disappointing season" when I said it would be 2019 and that my point of view was shared by many others. Perhaps you might like to revisit your comments freezin.

With respect to the Swans's supporters who are feeling this way I would suggest that you contact a director or our CEO and seek an explananion.

42....if the WAFL is as farked as you say 42....go and do something else on your weekend then....considering you have been spending your winter weekends since the 60s watching SD in the WAFL and ain't it the same.....hop on a plane do some travelling....live in another country.....do something else......stop whinging about it as BC says....AND DO SOMETHING ELSE WITH YOUR WEEKENDS....you are clearly disillusioned with it all.....sad for you......but 30 odd years down the road for me mate thus my acceptance.....and willingness to enjoy the game for what is....just a game....no matter how PC or contrived it may be....

Last edit: by Freezin.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151940

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: When lifetime SDFC members such as 42, Mikeh, Swandog, DW, GTR, myself and MANY others not on ozfooty have become completely disillusioned with where the SDFC are at currently and where they might be into the future I think it is high time someone at the SDFC gave us some answers and direction to where the club is actually going on the field and are held accountable for the rubbish currently being served up?!
We seem more concerned with promoting womens football matches and integrated football games than what our League side are displaying on the park.
Another bug bear of mine is the lack of members being made aware of the announcements from the club before the game re SD local lads and club warriors Banfield & Ellard retiring?
Some of the initiatives the club is doing off the park are great dont get me wrong but what the SDFC must always understand is we are a FOOTBALL CLUB at the end of the day and without a competitive League team for now and into the future we will struggle to sustain interest for members, sponsors, players, supporters and thus struggle to survive without any foreseeable hope![/quote

Let me remind posters like freezin who doubted the veracity of my comments on the topic "most disappointing season" when I said it would be 2019 and that my point of view was shared by many others. Perhaps you might like to revisit your comments freezin.

With respect to the Swans's supporters who are feeling this way I would suggest that you contact a director or our CEO and seek an explananion.

42....if the WAFL is as farked as you say 42....go and do something else on your weekend then....considering you have been spending your winter weekends since the 60s watching SD in the WAFL and ain't it the same.....hop on a plane do some travelling....live in another country.....do something else......stop whinging about it as BC says....AND DO SOMETHING ELSE WITH YOUR WEEKENDS....you are clearly disillusioned with it all.....sad for you......but 30 odd years down the road for me mate thus my acceptance.....and willingness to enjoy the game for what is....just a game....no matter how PC or contrived it may be....

Perhaps you might instead of shooting the messenger you address the issues raised by DW, mikeh and BH.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151941

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
42....you quoted my name in red highlight fella....just being polite and providing you with a response....quote me a post where DW, mikeh or BH want my response and I will provide them with one.....but they haven't to my knowledge......really don't understand your conundrum here....obviously this whole WAFL saga is upsetting you and getting you down....do something else with your weekend.....it ain't rocket science.....

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151944

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
You guys keep asking for change behind the scenes- what positions or names are you talking about? Why the riddles???

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151948

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

KCEF wrote: You guys keep asking for change behind the scenes- what positions or names are you talking about? Why the riddles???

I am not privy to the clubs inner sanctum so I can only comment on what I can see from the outside and when 2 senior players retire suddenly in the middle of a slump, it leaves me as a member wondering what is going on behind closed doors.We have been starved of relevant information from the club this year so thats why it is hard to be specific. Something is not right but not sure what that is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151950

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

mikeh wrote:

KCEF wrote: You guys keep asking for change behind the scenes- what positions or names are you talking about? Why the riddles???

I am not privy to the clubs inner sanctum so I can only comment on what I can see from the outside and when 2 senior players retire suddenly in the middle of a slump, it leaves me as a member wondering what is going on behind closed doors.We have been starved of relevant information from the club this year so thats why it is hard to be specific. Something is not right but not sure what that is.

The season can't finish quickly enough for Swans.Some players departing are lifestyle and career retirements.D Ellard is a shocker and questions have to be asked and answered. Get the feeling this is the snowball on top of the hill rolling down into a boulder.When John Todd arrived at Swans he sacked a few players like star midfielder Gary McDonald. Board members also disapeared.This termoil has been seen at Swans before.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151952

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

gtrxuone wrote:

mikeh wrote:

The season can't finish quickly enough for Swans.Some players departing are lifestyle and career retirements.D Ellard is a shocker and questions have to be asked and answered. Get the feeling this is the snowball on top of the hill rolling down into a boulder.

Banners retirement is understandable given the players need to work and can't survive by just playing footy. We will have to see what is the reason for Ellard's retirement; but it is particularly disappointing in the context of one of our captains retiring during the season.

From what has been said on here Riggio is likely to go at the end of the season as well.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151959

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

It’s a respect thing KCEF on the same wavelength like when a club stalwart is coming to the end of his playing career. Everyone knows it’s time but you hope that the right conclusion can be reached without the need for the shoulder tap.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 8 months ago #151964

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
David Ellard may have been present at Swans' recovery session today. So to paraphrase Mark Twain with respect to Ellard the reports of my retirement are greatly exaggerated.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 785 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020