Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151882

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Do you not think Tony might have just been playing to instructions from up above in the box 42?
You really have to wonder why you would think back handballing in appalling conditions is acceptable football either now or at any time in football history but that was evident from the outset yesterday and the end result really speaks for itself!
One of the many appalling stats to read for a SD supporter is the atrocious goal tallies we have kicked in the last 6 weeks or so since 3qtr time at Claremont- 0, 6-SU, 9-PL, 11-PE, 8-EP, 4-WP.....very reminiscent of 2016 and not sure how you expect to even kick a score when you have your leading goalkicker FF start in the middle on Nelson (who had another 42 disposals yesterday following on from 47 in the last clash)?!?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151895

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: Do you not think Tony might have just been playing to instructions from up above in the box 42?
You really have to wonder why you would think back handballing in appalling conditions is acceptable football either now or at any time in football history but that was evident from the outset yesterday and the end result really speaks for itself!
One of the many appalling stats to read for a SD supporter is the atrocious goal tallies we have kicked in the last 6 weeks or so since 3qtr time at Claremont- 0, 6-SU, 9-PL, 11-PE, 8-EP, 4-WP.....very reminiscent of 2016 and not sure how you expect to even kick a score when you have your leading goalkicker FF start in the middle on Nelson (who had another 42 disposals yesterday following on from 47 in the last clash)?!?!

I think it is symptomatic of what Aussie Rules footy has become: selfish and self-centred. Teams that are say 20 points behind in the last quarter kicked the ball backwards. Teams that are 35-40 points up kick backwards.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151896

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
After reading all the posts about the game yesterday and thinking about how much time I have devoted in past years to following Swans, I have sadly come to the same conclusion as DW that I now have better things to do on Saturday afternoon than go and watch a team that is not having a fair dinkum crack. I have therefore decided not to attend any of the last 4 games. I can take defeat if the team is outplayed by a more talented outfit but still put in the effort and make it hard for the opposition. What I have seen in the past month and what obviously happened yesterday was there were very few players prepared to give 100% to turn the fortunes of the team around and I cannot countenance that.

I attended most of the 2016 floggings because I could see what the club were trying to do and they just didnt have the resources to compete in that year. This year I have no idea what the plan is and I have become quite disillusioned with the clubs apparent acceptance of mediocrity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151897

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
When lifetime SDFC members such as 42, Mikeh, Swandog, DW, GTR, myself and MANY others not on ozfooty have become completely disillusioned with where the SDFC are at currently and where they might be into the future I think it is high time someone at the SDFC gave us some answers and direction to where the club is actually going on the field and are held accountable for the rubbish currently being served up?!
We seem more concerned with promoting womens football matches and integrated football games than what our League side are displaying on the park.
Another bug bear of mine is the lack of members being made aware of the announcements from the club before the game re SD local lads and club warriors Banfield & Ellard retiring?
Some of the initiatives the club is doing off the park are great dont get me wrong but what the SDFC must always understand is we are a FOOTBALL CLUB at the end of the day and without a competitive League team for now and into the future we will struggle to sustain interest for members, sponsors, players, supporters and thus struggle to survive without any foreseeable hope!
The following user(s) said Thank You: waflfootyfacts

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151899

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

mikeh wrote: After reading all the posts about the game yesterday and thinking about how much time I have devoted in past years to following Swans, I have sadly come to the same conclusion as DW that I now have better things to do on Saturday afternoon than go and watch a team that is not having a fair dinkum crack. I have therefore decided not to attend any of the last 4 games. I can take defeat if the team is outplayed by a more talented outfit but still put in the effort and make it hard for the opposition. What I have seen in the past month and what obviously happened yesterday was there were very few players prepared to give 100% to turn the fortunes of the team around and I cannot countenance that.

I attended most of the 2016 floggings because I could see what the club were trying to do and they just didnt have the resources to compete in that year. This year I have no idea what the plan is and I have become quite disillusioned with the clubs apparent acceptance of mediocrity.

Exactly where I find myself too mikeh..how many years can you stay devoted when we are expected to accept mediocrity...if big changes aren’t made for 2019 I’ll be finding new outlets to devote my energy too. As a foot note I offered my service to the football club a couple of years back, a “whatever was required offer, I’d love to get involved to help the club” with no expectation of remuneration. My offer was politely rejected so I don’t know what more there is to offer. There is no sour grapes, just realisation that we are headed nowhere in particular at the moment. If that changes maybe I’ll start attending again in future but for now I’ll pass as well. If there is no expectation to win from the inner circle then there is no need to get emotionally involved nor waste good money on a membership that gives nothing back except a few bits of paper, a sticker, a lanyard and a season of admission to watch a calamity show

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151900

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: When lifetime SDFC members such as 42, Mikeh, Swandog, DW, GTR, myself and MANY others not on ozfooty have become completely disillusioned with where the SDFC are at currently and where they might be into the future I think it is high time someone at the SDFC gave us some answers and direction to where the club is actually going on the field and are held accountable for the rubbish currently being served up?!
We seem more concerned with promoting womens football matches and integrated football games than what our League side are displaying on the park.
Another bug bear of mine is the lack of members being made aware of the announcements from the club before the game re SD local lads and club warriors Banfield & Ellard retiring?
Some of the initiatives the club is doing off the park are great dont get me wrong but what the SDFC must always understand is we are a FOOTBALL CLUB at the end of the day and without a competitive League team for now and into the future we will struggle to sustain interest for members, sponsors, players, supporters and thus struggle to survive without any foreseeable hope![/quote

Let me remind posters like freezin who doubted the veracity of my comments on the topic "most disappointing season" when I said it would be 2019 and that my point of view was shared by many others. Perhaps you might like to revisit your comments freezin.

With respect to the Swans's supporters who are feeling this way I would suggest that you contact a director or our CEO and seek an explananion.

Last edit: by swan42.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151902

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I have no problem with the club promoting Womens Football,Integrated or Junior footy or being more involved in the community as long as it doesnt get in the way of what I consider to be the main reason why most members sign up. They want to see a plan which puts their league team in a position where they can challenge for a premiership in 3 - 5 years. I can see that plan taking shape for the Perth Demons, I cannot see the same thing happening at Swans. Communication with members this year about footy related matters has been almost non existent. Harding did a weekly bulletin at least to keep us informed.

It almost seems to me that the club has made a decision that it is never going to be able to compete with Subiaco and the alignment teams in the current lop sided WAFL world and are trying to reinvent themselves as a developer of players for the AFL system and the premiership as a secondary goal. If that is correct then they will be doing it without my money.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151908

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: I have no problem with the club promoting Womens Football,Integrated or Junior footy or being more involved in the community as long as it doesnt get in the way of what I consider to be the main reason why most members sign up. They want to see a plan which puts their league team in a position where they can challenge for a premiership in 3 - 5 years. I can see that plan taking shape for the Perth Demons, I cannot see the same thing happening at Swans. Communication with members this year about footy related matters has been almost non existent. Harding did a weekly bulletin at least to keep us informed.

It almost seems to me that the club has made a decision that it is never going to be able to compete with Subiaco and the alignment teams in the current lop sided WAFL world and are trying to reinvent themselves as a developer of players for the AFL system and the premiership as a secondary goal. If that is correct then they will be doing it without my money.

mikeh my gut feeling is that there is a parallel to a season or two we had about 10-15 years ago where league selection was on the basis of possible draft prospects rather than on current merit. I also believe as was stated at our last AGM there will be a focus on playing women's matches as curtain raisers to the men's league matches and the collateral damage will be the men's reserves team. A team that has provided the few highlights in a rather dismal and black end to our current season.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151911

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The other thing I found a bit strange yesterday was Kirk Ugle playing reserves. I know he has been out injured for a couple of weeks but in the past he has come straight back in after an injury and he will be always guaranteed to give 100%. Looked like he was influential in the reserves victory.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans v Falcons at Joondalup 5 years 9 months ago #151915

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357

mikeh wrote: It almost seems to me that the club has made a decision that it is never going to be able to compete with Subiaco and the alignment teams in the current lop sided WAFL world and are trying to reinvent themselves as a developer of players for the AFL system and the premiership as a secondary goal. If that is correct then they will be doing it without my money.

You've hit the nail on the head right there! Couldn't have described it better myself.
Sadly :( the whole Wafl competition has now become a farce! And looking bad going forward too unless a massive shift happens.

Last edit: by westaussieguy.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 1589 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric