Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151145

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Rookie draft wrote: Mikeh - I think SD are good things this week. Playing an aligned WAFL side prior to their respective AFL side plays is always an advantage as they hold AFL listed players back just in case of illness/late injury. Plus with the Eagles playing away travelling emergencies are ruled out.

With both the Dockers and Eagles playing on Sunday I think the SD/Perth double is worth a few dollars.

I see SD have named 4 ex EP players in their squad. Should be an interesting game given the alignment decision a week or so back.

RD are you suggesting we will have more former EP players playing for Swans than EP players playing for EP?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151152

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

Rookie draft wrote: Mikeh - I think SD are good things this week. Playing an aligned WAFL side prior to their respective AFL side plays is always an advantage as they hold AFL listed players back just in case of illness/late injury. Plus with the Eagles playing away travelling emergencies are ruled out.

With both the Dockers and Eagles playing on Sunday I think the SD/Perth double is worth a few dollars.

I see SD have named 4 ex EP players in their squad. Should be an interesting game given the alignment decision a week or so back.

It will be the first time EP have played since the alignment decision so it will be interesting to see how the team respond. I would love to think that Swans would click back into gear and win tomorrow but unfortunately there has been a decline in the intensity and skills of the team since the last time they played East Perth in May. I know that East Perth have been struggling as well but I just think that they may benefit from the inclusion of a couple of extra Eagles such as Liam Ryan. Will certainly be a competitive contest as both teams will be desperate for the 4 points.

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151153

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I'm not sure I agree about EP being desperate for 4 points Mike...from what I've seen of both alignment teams this year they just want to practice defensive structures and couldn't care less about winning or losing.

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151158

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

BC wrote: I'm not sure I agree about EP being desperate for 4 points Mike...from what I've seen of both alignment teams this year they just want to practice defensive structures and couldn't care less about winning or losing.

Really doesn't matter if east perth wins or not.If they win it is because of the alignment and if they lose it is because of the alignment.

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151167

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

mikeh wrote:

It will be the first time EP have played since the alignment decision so it will be interesting to see how the team respond. I would love to think that Swans would click back into gear and win tomorrow but unfortunately there has been a decline in the intensity and skills of the team since the last time they played East Perth in May. I know that East Perth have been struggling as well but I just think that they may benefit from the inclusion of a couple of extra Eagles such as Liam Ryan. Will certainly be a competitive contest as both teams will be desperate for the 4 points.

You can add Tom Barrass, Vardy, Nelson & a plethora of other Eagles Mike!

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151168

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
The map cannot be displayed, you haven't specified a location yet.
Wonder why the start time of the League match retarded to 1425?
Seems a bit odd.
Or did Swan Districts apply for a late start time?

Last edit: by westaussieguy. Reason: expansion

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151169

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

westaussieguy wrote: Wonder why the start time of the League match retarded to 1425?
Seems a bit odd.

Not 100% sure WAG. The game at Bassendean started at 2.25pm last week as well because of the NAIDOC ceremony. It is "Count me in day" at the footy tommorrow for people with disabilities and there is an integrated game at 1.20pm between the reserves and league game so maybe thats why the timing is put back.

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151176

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

mikeh wrote:

westaussieguy wrote: Wonder why the start time of the League match retarded to 1425?
Seems a bit odd.

Not 100% sure WAG. The game at Bassendean started at 2.25pm last week as well because of the NAIDOC ceremony. It is "Count me in day" at the footy tommorrow for people with disabilities and there is an integrated game at 1.20pm between the reserves and league game so maybe thats why the timing is put back.

Yep colts start 8.30am...the ressies then the integrated match to be followed by late start for league...the big question for me is it worth investing $15 in expectation of being entertained or will the same rubbish as I witnessed last week be dished up. Aside from Riggs and Jessie i honestly felt like I was watching ammo footy. First time I’ve ever felt that way at a WAFL match. I’ll give it one more chance ...lets hope EP bring out the best in us...

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151210

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
A great result for Swan Districts in the Reserves match I heard.

Swans V East Perth at Basso 5 years 9 months ago #151211

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

westaussieguy wrote: A great result for Swan Districts in the Reserves match I heard.

Yes a 1 point victory after being 33 points down early in the 2nd quarter. Hopefully the league team can take some inspiration from this.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 343 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020