Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 5 months ago #138295

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Hopefully some news will start filtering out of the club once training commences DW, because its been fairly quiet in the last month or so whereas this time last year there were announcements galore with Crowley, Ellard, Ellis, Bennell and Pearce all signed up. I did have a look at the Swans Senior players list on the SDFC website the other day. I assumed it had been brought up to date as Ames and Crowley were missing (but Pearce and Bennell were still listed). Chris Yarran was still on the list so hopefully he may be OK to do a pre-season. There were a few other interesting names at the bottom of the list, Murray Newman, Alby Dean and Sean Fletcher who have all come and gone from the club. Wonder if any of them are a chance of suiting up in 2018?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 5 months ago #138300

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

mikeh wrote: Hopefully some news will start filtering out of the club once training commences DW, because its been fairly quiet in the last month or so whereas this time last year there were announcements galore with Crowley, Ellard, Ellis, Bennell and Pearce all signed up. I did have a look at the Swans Senior players list on the SDFC website the other day. I assumed it had been brought up to date as Ames and Crowley were missing (but Pearce and Bennell were still listed). Chris Yarran was still on the list so hopefully he may be OK to do a pre-season. There were a few other interesting names at the bottom of the list, Murray Newman, Alby Dean and Sean Fletcher who have all come and gone from the club. Wonder if any of them are a chance of suiting up in 2018?

I'm going to go out on a limb here mikeh and say to expect none of those names to suit up for SD in 2018.

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 5 months ago #138303

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

mikeh wrote: Hopefully some news will start filtering out of the club once training commences DW, because its been fairly quiet in the last month or so whereas this time last year there were announcements galore with Crowley, Ellard, Ellis, Bennell and Pearce all signed up. I did have a look at the Swans Senior players list on the SDFC website the other day. I assumed it had been brought up to date as Ames and Crowley were missing (but Pearce and Bennell were still listed). Chris Yarran was still on the list so hopefully he may be OK to do a pre-season. There were a few other interesting names at the bottom of the list, Murray Newman, Alby Dean and Sean Fletcher who have all come and gone from the club. Wonder if any of them are a chance of suiting up in 2018?

I'm going to go out on a limb here mikeh and say to expect none of those names to suit up for SD in 2018.

To clarify DW are you saying that Ellard won't be playing next season?

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 5 months ago #138304

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Funny you mention Sean Fletcher mikeh.....mate of mine phoned me a while back saying Fletcher was one of his daughters friends and was round at his for a bbq, Fletcher seemed to say he would be doing preseason at EF for 2018.....

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 5 months ago #138313

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Beasley Hutton wrote:

mikeh wrote: To be honest why would ex AFL players want to play in a 3rd rate competition like the WAFL which is treated with such disdain by the AFL and the WAFC. What would Clancee have to achieve if he came back to Swans next year in a team which has no prospect of challenging for a flag any time soon?. I don't blame him for finding country footy more attractive.

Yep Mike with 2 aligned sides and $ubi making a complete and utter mockery of the comp no wonder most have given up![/

Spot on mate! Those 3 sides plus the WAFC have F##ked our great comp to no return, The $alary Cheats are the worst and I wish to hell they would suffer some kind of crash, go into liquidation and become extinct, zero respect for ANY of their success post 2000

Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 5 months ago #138314

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

mikeh wrote: Its 3rd rate because of
1. The dwindling crowds/atmosphere and public interest in the competition
2. The complete predictability of the competition as to results of games and the gap between the best teams and the worst who are pretty much the same every year.
Yes there are some very good players in the WAFL competition and the State team has played well over the past few years. However you would have to question whether the teams they have come up against have been full strength. In particular the VFL team they beat last season had a lot of experienced players missing and was basically a team of kids really.

And it will only get worse with teams like Swans and Perth etc struggling to put 20 ressies players on the park and the best Colts players will require special permission to get a League birth (good luck with that). Ressies will be dead in a couple of years. Next season might be the final stages we witness of the death of a once great comp :(
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 5 months ago #138315

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Swandog wrote:

mikeh wrote: Its 3rd rate because of
1. The dwindling crowds/atmosphere and public interest in the competition
2. The complete predictability of the competition as to results of games and the gap between the best teams and the worst who are pretty much the same every year.
Yes there are some very good players in the WAFL competition and the State team has played well over the past few years. However you would have to question whether the teams they have come up against have been full strength. In particular the VFL team they beat last season had a lot of experienced players missing and was basically a team of kids really.

And it will only get worse with teams like Swans and Perth etc struggling to put 20 ressies players on the park and the best Colts players will require special permission to get a League birth (good luck with that). Ressies will be dead in a couple of years. Next season might be the final stages we witness of the death of a once great comp :(

Unfortunately SD your spot on. And the $ubi spuds wonder why we are supposedly trolling their threads, they will soon realise that those pricks played a leading hand in the demise of the WAFL :(

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 5 months ago #138317

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Despite all the doom and gloom I guess one positive is at least OUR LOCAL ZONE boys will get every opportunity to play League footy......that is something those from the $ubi or aligned clubs zones cannot say......it makes you wonder why the boys from those clubs would hang around or go there amongst the plethora of out of zoners?!?!

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 5 months ago #138318

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
and if the shoe was on the other foot, wonder if you guys would be putting your clubs up for blame for the demise of the WAFL?....can't see any of u lot walking away from 7 odd flags over the past decade in a show of morality

Swans 2018 prospects 6 years 5 months ago #138319

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: and if the shoe was on the other foot, wonder if you guys would be putting your clubs up for blame for the demise of the WAFL?....can't see any of u lot walking away from 7 odd flags over the past decade in a show of morality

Freezin that is nonsense. What is the point if there is NO COMPETITION. This is what will be playing by 2020 to mark the demise of the WAFL:

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 835 guests and one member online

• TheFeds

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977